“perfect location, great breakfast” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Misafir Suites 8 Istanbul
Ranked #331 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
Ankara, Turkey
“perfect location, great breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

The hotel is really pricey but it has a perfect location and wonderful services. Unlike other equal hotels around Taksim square and Istiklal street, there is not an open-buffet breakfast. But the served breakfast is more than perfect.

Room Tip: Avoid first floor. Due to the location, nights might be quite noisy.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Eda B
Turan D, Genel Müdür at Misafir Suites 8 Istanbul, responded to this review, October 27, 2015
Dear Eda H,

Thank you for your nice and usefull feedbacks regarding your recent stay at Misafir Suites 8 Hotel Istanbul.
We are so glad to learn your memorable experiences and I assure you that
We genuinely value your kind words of appreciation about our services and our main focus is always paying special attention to our esteemed guests' reviews and requests like yours.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Misafir Suites 8 Hotel Istanbul.

Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed 8 days in Dec 2012 and enjoyed it! The location was perfect for exploring Asian-Istanbul and easy transport to historic European side. The spacious luxurious room has a big sitting area, huge bed, vintage furniture, and very thoughtful minibar including a nespresso machine. Bathroom was modern clean and big with Molten Brown toiletries. On most nights it was quiet at level 3, but strangely on two nights (non weekend, non christmas eve) music and talking went on entire night even when all windows are tightly closed. Service was almost perfect except for misplaced laundry which the night manager personally located and delivered to us once we asked about it. Love the Turkish breakfast with generous portions of local breads, cheeses, yoghurt, cereals, fruits, cold cuts, olives...........

Room Tip: Higher floors may have less noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mabel Y
Dear Mabel Y,

Athens
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We just came back from a 4-day holiday in Istanbul, which we really liked. The food was great, the atmosphere unique, lots of shopping and opportunities for sightseeing.

While I was initially very impressed from the Hotel, I have to admit that the experience was spoiled from the lack of sleep resulting from the loud music from the hotel’s own bar.

The hotel is centrally located on a small parallel street of the main pedestrian street called Istiklal, approximately 5 minutes walk from Taxim Square. I considered the location as perfect due to its proximity to a great variety of restaurants, bars and shopping opportunities while still on a walking distance to Sultanahmet. Just clarifying that the walk to sultanahmet takes approximately 25-30 minutes and is easier when going downhill compared to the uphill return (try the funicular on your way back that will take you to far end of Istiklal Street).

We were greeted by a very polite receptionist who checked us in very fast and offered us some basic information on how to move around the big city. In general, I have to admit that the personnel in the hotel was very polite and trying to be as helpful as possible.

We had booked a Junior Suite at the standard price of EUR 120 and we were offered an upgrade to a Deluxe Suite with the main difference being that there was a separator between the bedroom area and the sitting area (never used the separator so I didn't realize the value). The room was very nice with nice furniture, a comfortable large bed, large bathroom, tea and coffee facilities etc.

The breakfast, which was served in the hotel restaurant/bar, was rather limited in variety but I can’t think of anybody that would go hungry. 3 types of bread, crepes, boiled eggs, cheese pastry, 4-5 different types of cheese, 3 different types of ham, cereal, yoghurt and a variety of spreads (Jams, Praline, Honey). Coffee was a rather strong double espresso although you could ask for Turkish coffee, tea and something else.

Coming now to the issue of the noise, I have to admit that I read a number of reviews that were mentioning the street noise, which I would consider acceptable being so close to Istiklal. Unfortunately the problem didn't arise from street noise but rather from the extremely loud music played by the Hotel’s own bar on both Friday (until 01:00) and Saturday (way passed 02:30).

Unfortunately our room was located right above the bar and the noise and vibration from the speakers was coming through the floor making everything in left in the room shake. I used an iphone app measuring the noise levels, which measured 70 db in the room and I could also use Shazam to identify each song that the bar was playing…

On Friday night and after fruitlessly waiting until 00:30 for the volume to be turned down, I went to the reception and complained about the noise, which at that time was completely unbearable. The receptionist assured me that he would speak to the DJ and indeed ten minutes later the volume was reduced and 20 minutes after that the bar was closed.

I was ignorant enough to assume that this was an one-off case that wouldn’t be repeated on the next night and that’s why I was so foolish not to ask for a room change immediately. Unfortunately the situation was even worse on Saturday night with the music being even louder and the bar being open even until after 02:30. At around 02:00 this time I once again went to the reception and this time the receptionist brought me the restaurant manager who although was polite, couldn’t do anything for me. Of course he asked the DJ to at least reduce the bass and the volume a bit but this didn’t really help and I ended up watching movies on my IPad until early Sunday morning waiting for the bar to close.

It appears that at some point the management of the hotel decided that the sanity of the guests of the rooms on the first floor of the hotel would be sacrificed for the revenue generated from the Bar guests. I will not tell them how to run their business since they know a lot better than me, but why on earth should I undergo this torture during my few days of vacation? And while one could argue that during holidays you could go out for a drink anyway, this should be a choice and not an obligation since at the end of the day I chose the hotel for relaxation and I should be able to do that. And the EUR 120 that I paid for the room was not a dead-cheap offer that I got so that it would justify some discomfort.

I understand from other reviews that the situation is more tolerable in the floors higher than the first but I would seriously suggest that before you go to the hotel, you make sure that you will not be placed on the first floor. It just doesn’t worth the hassle.

Room Tip: Stay only if they have a room on higher floors.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
13 Thank TreasuryMan
Dear TreasuryMan,

Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

The hotel is located just a few minutes' walk from Taksim Square and round the corner from one of Istanbul's main shopping streets. Plenty of bars, restaurants and night clubs right on the doorstep. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. The hotel is very modern and tastefully furnished throughout.

Room Tip: It is definitely worth paying a bit extra for a deluxe room - not just for comfort but also because...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear JzbVienna,

rethymnon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

The location is great nice room and very helpful personel!excellent!!!!Ask for a room on a top floor because you might be disturbed by the noise of the road!be careful of the taxis especially in taxim square we gave him 50 lira and he said it was five!ask the reception to call a taxi and deal a price!!shops in ataturk airport very expensive 3 times up!

• Stayed November 2012
Dear LindaRethymnon,

Washington, DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed two nights in Beyoglu and two nights in Sultanahmet. We really enjoyed our two nights at this nice hotel in Beyoglu. The location was great...right in the heart of things. We had a standard double room but it was quite spacious and included a seating area with sofa and table as well as a large desk and closet. The bed was very comfortable. I loved the bathroom...very modern and clean with nice amenities...huge thick towels, bathrobes, slippers and nice toiletries. The jet stream tub was great. A lot of the reviews here state that there were problems with noise. The hotel is in a busy area yet we didn't find it to be too noisy. The windows are double, or triple glazed and did a good job of keeping out the noise. The breakfast area was nice and we enjoyed the breakfast. The staff were friendly and helpful. There really isn't a lobby area of the hotel. Although the historic sights of Sultanahmet cannot be beat, I think I preferred staying in the Beyoglu area where life seemed more authentic (in Sultanahmet it seems that nearly every restaurant, shop, etc. caters to tourists).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Viajero5,

Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I cant say enough great things about this hotel. I loved the space, decor, ultra modern amenities, value, location (close to grocery, essentials, bookstores, shopping for anything, etc). My room was ready before I even got to the hotel and I was able settle in by 9am and still have breakfast. I loved our room on the first floor which was surprinsly quite. The touch screen "do not disturb" sign was a nice chic touch. Hotel was only opened 5 months ago so nothing was ready to fall apart:-). Even the hotel staff dressed nicely, looked hip and classy. Very attentive and professional at all times compared to my other hotel in Istanbul where it felt like I had to pull teeth to get anything done. Breakfast was a delight and the chef's fritata was yummy. The cool and friendly bar tender poured me a yummy glass of local red and it was perfect. On our last night, we were given a complimentary entry to the traditional hammam which just made me love Misafir suites even more. Next time I'm in Istanbul, I'm staying right there. I'll commute to the Old City if I need to, but this part of town is really where all the action is.
My only advise is be ready to log your suitase to Misafir Suites from Taskim square if arriving in Istanbul via Havatas bus from the airport. No taxi will take me to the hotel from Taskim square. It puzzled me at first, but then I understood the greedy taxis just want to drive a distance to make extra money!

Room Tip: I swear it felt like my room on the first floor had special sound proofing... Could'nt figure ou...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends