“Holiday stay”

Ranked #255 of 1,156 Hotels in Istanbul
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Holiday stay”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

The hotel was excellent. The hospitality, the service, the food, the atmosphere, etc, Everything was perfect. We would recommend to anyone. We went from the UK on 05/03/2014 and stayed until 09/03/2014.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I've wanted to go to Istanbul my entire and life and decided to go on a whim, last minute with 12 hours notice. I got a package deal with Faros as the hotel. Made for the Idyllic trip! Its in the best location- center of everything- so I got to hit my goal of seeing all the majour sites. Tons of cafes/restaurants around plus lots of fast food. Staff was super helpful- especially the GM named ZULKUF.
The hotel itself is very clean and I had a suits- I imagine the other rooms are small but with all the 3/4star amenities you could want. I always like a fitness centre which is the only thing they didn't have so it was arranged I'd use a fitness centre next door.
The complimentary breakfast is a proper spread too!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank afashionista
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed March 7, 2014

My daughter and I have just returned from a four day trip to Istanbul. We just loved this hotel ...the rooms are so comfortable and the staff , the best ever. The location is absolutely perfect on a charming street and at walking distance from the major sites of interest.
We were welcomed by Mr Zulkuf who immediately made us feel at home and was a delight to talk to. The next day we met Mr Erkut and Mr Serhat who were so very kind and helpful and really made our stay so enjoyable.
It's the perfect place to stay in all aspects and I'm recommending it to everyone I know...

Room Tip: higher floors will be quieter
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We took advantage of Turkish Airlines low winter airfares and booked a trip to Italy. On our return we over nighted in Istanbul at Faros Hotel in Sultanahmet. Mr. Serhat greeted us warmly and gave us many tips for seeing the highlights of Istanbul in our one day. He went over and above in his help to us since our luggage had been stolen in Italy. Thank you Mr. Serhat for your help and assurance of our time spent at this hotel. The room was large and very comfortable, provided free water and a %15 discount of dinner. This is an excellent hotel and location for seeing the center of Istanbul. By booking directly on their web site we received a free transfer from the airport upon our arrival.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We stayed at the Faros Hotel for a 5 day trip to Istanbul.

At first we thought it wasn’t very impressive due to the counter being very unusual however we were surprised to the level of service we received once we stayed the first night. Room service was amazing, housekeeping would clean our room every day without fail, the facilities were excellent and we got free mineral water every day! Serhat was amazing at the reception along with all other staff.

The mattress was a little hard and bed sizes could have been better. TV was small and limited to 15 channels, only 2 out of which were in English! They could improve on their TV packages but apart from that it was amazing. We had a one year old in a stroller with us and accessibility options in the hotel and even outside in tram stations etc was good.

Location is unbeatable. We were 100 metres away from Sultanahmet metro station and with the Istanbul Kart (travel card) it was amazing to stay mobile without having to use expensive taxi’s. Blue Mosque, Museums and other attractions were only a walking distance away. McDonalds right opposite the hotel and Burger King a 5 minute walk from the hotel.

I would avoid using the restaurants near the hotel as they are quite expensive (unless your dining in Faros because you will get a 15% discount). We found that if we head towards Eminönu (3-4 stations away and costs 1.95 TL per person on the metro) the food was considerably cheaper and better. Again shopping in the Grand Bazaar is not as good as it is made out to be(in terms of price). Instead try shopping at Ahmet Pasha which is just outside of the Grand Bazaar and much cheaper.

Overall I would say it was an amazing trip and I would love to go back to Istanbul and stay at Faros.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank Mo M
Tehran, Iran
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I spent 5 days in faros hotel sultan ahket ,it was nice ,but there was a person there that help me very much and always answer my question by patient and always has nice smile on his face ,he was hotel reseption Mr Serhat .thanks a lot Mr Serhat!

Room Tip: room on 4th floor has good view
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2014

It was my first time in Istanbul, and this hotel was brilliant. The location is the best thing about the hotel. it is opposite the Blue Mosque, it is within walking distance to all the main attractions in Sultanahmet. The tram stop is outside the hotel, so travelling to other places is really easy. There are many food places nearby.
The staff are super friendly and are always available for help. Serhat, the receptionist provided me with information for tours and how to get to attractions myself, e.g. princess islands.
The hotel is clean and has a mini bar in the rooms. there is free wifi and water. there is a kettle and coffee and tea sachets. there is a hairdryer in the bathroom. They provide airport transfer, i paid 27 euros each to the hotel and back to airport. i stayed in the room facing the main street which was nice and lively.
this hotel is definitely good value for money and i look forward to returning.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family