Faros Old City
$217
$208
  • Restaurant
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$57
$187
$147
The Byzantium Hotel & Suites(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$484
$397
$208
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$138
$113
  • Pool
DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Avcilar(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$68
$54
Divan City Istanbul(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$72
$70
$119
Hotel Amira Istanbul(Istanbul)
$693
HotelQuickly
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat locationhagia sophiaold citytram stationwithin walking distancethe hotel staffsmall hotelturkeyvisiting istanbulthe hotel is cleanguvenattractionssultan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 22, 2013

My family consist of 8 adults and 2 children. We are bunch of people who coined ourselves as ‘confused’ - has many requirements (nice beds, comfortable room with acceptable rate, gullible breakfast etc.) and expectations (must near restaurants which serves good food, shopping at Grand Bazaar, must near all Istanbul attractions etc.). After weeks of finding the ‘perfect’ accommodations, we finally agree on Faros. Indeed it was near perfect!

Room was fantastic. Clean toilet with bathtub. Breakfast was good. Location was full marks. There really aren't enough superlatives in the world to describe this hotel. Amazing, fantastic, brilliant...I could go on but I'm sure you get the idea.

Service was phenomenal especially Mr Suat the Concierge Manager. So if anything goes wrong or you need something, just ask him and he will settled it in seconds! Totally 5 star rating.

My one complaint would be the failure to sent someone to the Airport with our name in the card to greet us. Had to spent 15minutes to locate the correct agent.

Room Tip: Try not to choose the room which its window is viewless.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank sanyALGER
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My family and I stayed there for about 5 days. The service, location, and restaurant - everything was excellent. I had booked directly from the website, and I received the free airport transfer - they had someone waiting for me with my name on the Placcard. We had quite a bit of luggage, and they helped us unload and take to our rooms. Even volunteered to provide us with a space for our extra luggage. We stayed in the Premier Suite Rooms - very cozy and very well maintained. Free WiFi and complimentary water bottles was a big plus! I cannot say enough about the location. It was about 5 minute walk max to Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, Basilica Cisterna. 3 minutes to Blue Mosque. 5 minutes to the Grand Bazaar. The hotel was on the main street and there were plenty of stores, local cafes and restaurants so very convenient. Service is phenomenal - especially Mr Suat. I look forward to staying there again in the future! The only con is that there is not much drawer space in the rooms, and so we had live out of our suitcases but that is expected in most boutique hotels like this one. Bathroom was also slightly smaller but decent enough!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Aref R
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I stayed there in early Dec. Location was ideal and service was very good. A slip up in the transfers from the airport resulted in an upgrade as service recovery. The front office staff, mr Suat, was impeccable in his service level.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I ate in the restaurant of this hotel in June 2012. The food was perfectly acceptable, the service good, although quite expensive by local standards. When I decided to visit Istanbul again this month, December 2013, I booked this hotel through booking.com, as I remembered the location and the rooms on the website looked good. I contacted the hotel by email around 3 weeks before I was due to travel, explaining that I needed to cancel my booking, due to family illness. My mother had just been in hospital and my father has to go into hospital for a cancer treatment, so I needed to be with my family and help them physically and emotionally through this difficult period.
After having sent 2 emails a week apart, I had still not received a reply. I then contacted directly booking.com and explained the situation to them. They tried to negotiate with the hotel, twice, who were absolutely non negotiable, and said I could not receive any kind of refund. I asked if they would be able to give me a credit voucher for another time, lets face it, December is not high season in Istanbul, they also refused this. To sum it up, they did not reply to either of my 2 emails, and they would not give me any kind of refund or credit for another time. They obviously do not care in the slightest for their clients, and certainly do not wish for a return clientèle. I will never try to stay in this hotel again, or eat there, and would advise anyone to think very carefully before making an advance booking with them. There are many more good quality hotels in Istanbul where the management and staff care for their clients and wish for them to return.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank roland r
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I fell in love with this hotel from the minute I stepped foot in it. It is beautiful from the outside and very cozy inside. We had the quadruple room facing the main road. The room was large, beautifully decorated and modern. The beds are comfortable and the bathroom is small but has a large shower. The gentleman at the front desk, Suat, was very friendly and helpful in booking us the cruise/city tour as well as getting a transfer service to the airport. The breakfast was really delicious and has different variety each morning. We ate at Faros restaurant several time. The food were incredible and the hotel has a lovely ambiance. Outside the hotel, there were many restaurants, cafe and shops. Perfect location for me. It is also close to tram stop I love to stay in this hotel again the next time I visit Istanbul. Everything was great and I can't think of a single complaint about this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family