“excellent quality for the reasonable price”
Review of Faros Old City

Faros Old City
Ranked #295 of 1,178 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Excellent position, walking distances to the main mosques and the grand bazar. Very nice and clean bedrooms. Very good breakfast and restaurant. Very nice and gentle personnel. Excellent quality for the price.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
FarosHotelGM, General Manager at Faros Old City, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Bruno,

From all the Fros Hotel Sultanahmet Team, let me thank you for your nice review and also for the time you took to write it.

It was a real pleasure for us to welcome you and to count you as our guest. We hope that we did not do anything wrong and that we could have helped you to enjoy your trip as much as what you were expecting.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 17, 2013

From the moment we arrived to the moment we departed the hotel... our experience was wonderul. The staff were fantastic and tentative to our needs, when we arrived in the early hours of the morning we were greeted with a smile and a hot cup of their famous Tea. The room was clean and we had a beautiful view, in the heart of everything and that made things easy as the tram was outside our door. Would absolutly stay there again and would not hesitate in recommending this hotel to anyone!!!!! AAA+++

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms ovelooking the main sreet, that way you have full view of everything.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
FarosHotelGM, General Manager at Faros Old City, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Frosso,

Thank you very much for your sincere and kind review on our hotel services and to take time to write comments.

We are really pleased to read you enjoyed your stay among us and be sure that we enjoyed it too.

Wishing you happiness and looking forward to seeing you again in our hotel.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

This hotel is really an amazing hotel. Service is very good, and the food is brilliant.
I spent 3 nights there and went to bodrum, then I came back to it again for 3 more nights
The location is perfect and relaxing, yet very close to the touristic places such as the blue mosque and Haiya Sofia.
The staff is very friendly and helpful.
I really enjoyed staying there, and when I went back there I was so delighted.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Khaled,

Thank you very much for your extremely valuable comments on our hotel services in general, and on the management team in particular.

Wishing you happiness and looking forward to seeing you again in our hotel.

Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

3rd time we visit Istanbul and we have not change this hotel very friendly staff really good condition room and facilities, close to all attractive places. Price for the hotel reasonable and worth it.
Its just 4 minutes walking to Ayasofya and blue mosque and 10 min walking to topkapi palace and grand bazaar.

Dear Tariq

I am so much grateful for your wonderful review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were satisfied with the service we are offering. Faros Hotel team will be looking forward to welcoming you again.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We visited Istanbul a small company - my husband and my friend Natalie. Hotel (especially its location in the center - all the main points of the book-guide accessible on foot or by tram - and very friendly, responsive service and housekeeping) made ​​the best impression. It turned out that it was not necessary to look for other restaurants - restaurant Pharos-hotel (in my experience, based on extensive travels in Europe, as well as Japan and Taiwan), I put on a 5 star level of quality cuisine and the work of waiters. More pleased with the quality of food - no extra sharpness, not overcooked, not salty - you feel great taste every product that was clearly bought the freshest. Bravo to the chef! No offense to the Turkish chefs will tell - the art of the chef looks like the best examples of French cooking! Loved the friendliness and helpfulness of the case and to the employee hotel, a charming girl named Neda, and the work of employees in the reception.

Room Tip: The rooms upstairs are quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Elena,

Thank you so much for your extremely kind review and sincere feelings about me and all the faros group staffs.

It was our pleasure to welcome you in our hotel.I enjoyed talk to you every morning during breakfast.

I hope to see you again in istanbul in our hotel,we will try again to do our best ,in order to make you happy and feel like you are in your home.

We wish you all the best in your life.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Location and spectacular city...
Great location for visiting the old town and move to the caotic and rich districts of tris capital! Warm welcome and friendly efficient staff absolutely recommended for anyone Who chooses to spend a few unforgettable days.
If possibile I ask at the site, the Neda's email for possible future collaboration ....thank you very much!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
FarosHotelGM, General Manager at Faros Old City, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments. We are very pleased to hear your satisfaction wıth the hotel facilities and services provided by our staff.

Wishing you a happy new year and looking forward to seeing you again in our hotel.

We wish you all the best in your life.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I had a 22-hour transit in Istanbul and decided to book a hotel in the Old City so that I could see the sites during my stay. Faros is not a fancy hotel by any stretch of the imagination--my room was small, and slightly cramped, and the television gets almost no English channels, however, with 22 hours in Istanbul, all I really wanted from the hotel was a good night's sleep in a clean and quiet room, and Faros was perfect for that.

The desk staff was incredibly friendly; they emailed me ahead of time asking if I needed airport pick-up, they knew me by name the first time I walked in, and they were very helpful in answering my questions about how I could best make use of my few hours in the city.

I had a room on the top floor, and although I faced the main street, it was quiet enough for me to take a nap at 6 pm, while the street was crowded with people. The single bed was clearly new, with a great duvet and multiple pillows. Everything was basic, but serviceable, and very clean.

My only complaint is that the wi-fi did not work in the hotel room, and although I was able to connect in the restaurant, the service was spotty. If I needed to have internet access at all times, I would think twice about staying here, otherwise I would happily stay again.

Room Tip: The top floor rooms have little balconies--I was there in January, but they would be nice in warmer...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Thank you very much for you review, it is helping us a lot and also showing our hotel like how it really is.

We are really pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay among us and be sure that we enjoyed it too.

About internet access,i can say that we solve the problem and we are sure that ,next time you will be more satisfied with internet connections.

As you mentioned,our hotel is in very great location.All guests are very pleased,it is very importand to them to go to historical places easily.

We would be honoured to provide you a more personalized and friendly service on your next and subsequent visits to our hotel.

Wishing you a happy and prosperous new year.