“Nice hostel - AMAZING location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Istanbul Hostel

Istanbul Hostel
Ranked #471 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
“Nice hostel - AMAZING location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

You can't do better for a location in Istanbul. Literally in shouting distance of both of the Hagia Sophia and the Blue mosque...nice terrace bar and an adequate but simple breakfast. Pretty good price too...staff was very nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I had a wonderful experience at this hostel, extending my stay originally from 3 days up to 10 days.

I met some really great people and we all spent a lot of time together at this hostel. Paco is the main host there and he is also super cool and friendly.

The balcony is a great place to just hang out and kill time and there is a free Turkish breakfast there every morning with tea and coffee.

There were just a few shortcomings about this hostel. Wifi was in and out. The main floor had no hang out spot. It was too cold at night. Other than that though the place was great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank My2BareFeet
Chania Town, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Istanbul hostel is one of the best I have been so far. Ofcourse there is no place where everything you like but here i like many things. Best posible position on blue mosque square, very friendly stuff, view from terace is great, beds are comfortable (orthopedic matresses you will respect after night crawling very much), very nice place to stay :)

Room Tip: You can bargain a bit for a good price ;) they will offer you discount for more nights stay hostel...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mathias m
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

The hostel was fine- bathrooms, rooms- all fine. The downstairs dorm could be a little noisy, but its all just luck of the guest draw. My only negative was the lack of social atmosphere, there was no real social area to the hostel. Otherwise great! I was especially pleased with the ajoining Tour Agency, which gave great recommendations

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Fairbanks, Alaska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed here with my family in April 2012. We were looking for a place in a central location and low price. The place was reasonably clean, close to all the places we wanted to visit and in a safe neighborhood. The guys who run the desk are friendly and helpful and we really enjoyed the typical Turkish breakfast on the rooftop.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NorthernLights60826
Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed in this hostel for two nights - first night in a 9 bed dorm where it was only the two of us. The beds are fine, clean, and comfortable. The shared bathrooms however are dirty. The toilets especially. The toilet itself is so close to the door that your knees touch it. Bins in the toilets are only emptied every 1-2 days, when you can't put toilet paper into the toilet in Turkey...

All in all, the hostel was okay - considering that it is in an excellent location, but so are a lot of hostels in this area and I have seen better.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

My friend and I stayed there for a couple days. We just found this hostel by walk in haven't book. Now I know there are many negative comments on tripadvisor, i think I need to add my own comment for you guys reference. You really want book or stay at his hostel after reading my comment. I hope you would have a nice trip in instanbul.

Firstly, I payed for 3 days already , a Turkish guy impoiltly required me to pay that again. Although I told him I already pay those to another turkish guy , he still want me to pay again when he met me at the lobby.

Secondly this Turkish guys again, he was very happy n enjoy to chat with some blonde hair gals at cafe Shop just outside the host. When I got my clothes back as I gave my clothes to them for washing. I found my pants were still dirty and got other colors on my pants. I requested to call the washed guy to come back , he said that guy already slept need to call him tomorrow, actually the guy went to washroom. One minute later that guys came from washroom he was very shock abou the moment! He was impatient to translate my thought to the washed guy that does not speak English. Finally the Turkish guy was yelling at me and said yes my attitude is bad urs worse than mine due to I said I will complain your poor attitude.

I found something bit me when I sleep on the bed of this hostel, I got som lumps on my arms, neck n legs. As for the room I don t want to repeat the comment of forsaid person. Just come to stay at ISTANBUL HOSTEL if you don't believe what I said.

• Stayed September 2012