“fine”

Ranked #488 of 1,140 Hotels in Istanbul
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“fine”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The hostel was fine- bathrooms, rooms- all fine. The downstairs dorm could be a little noisy, but its all just luck of the guest draw. My only negative was the lack of social atmosphere, there was no real social area to the hostel. Otherwise great! I was especially pleased with the ajoining Tour Agency, which gave great recommendations

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed here with my family in April 2012. We were looking for a place in a central location and low price. The place was reasonably clean, close to all the places we wanted to visit and in a safe neighborhood. The guys who run the desk are friendly and helpful and we really enjoyed the typical Turkish breakfast on the rooftop.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NorthernLights60826
Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed in this hostel for two nights - first night in a 9 bed dorm where it was only the two of us. The beds are fine, clean, and comfortable. The shared bathrooms however are dirty. The toilets especially. The toilet itself is so close to the door that your knees touch it. Bins in the toilets are only emptied every 1-2 days, when you can't put toilet paper into the toilet in Turkey...

All in all, the hostel was okay - considering that it is in an excellent location, but so are a lot of hostels in this area and I have seen better.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

My friend and I stayed there for a couple days. We just found this hostel by walk in haven't book. Now I know there are many negative comments on tripadvisor, i think I need to add my own comment for you guys reference. You really want book or stay at his hostel after reading my comment. I hope you would have a nice trip in instanbul.

Firstly, I payed for 3 days already , a Turkish guy impoiltly required me to pay that again. Although I told him I already pay those to another turkish guy , he still want me to pay again when he met me at the lobby.

Secondly this Turkish guys again, he was very happy n enjoy to chat with some blonde hair gals at cafe Shop just outside the host. When I got my clothes back as I gave my clothes to them for washing. I found my pants were still dirty and got other colors on my pants. I requested to call the washed guy to come back , he said that guy already slept need to call him tomorrow, actually the guy went to washroom. One minute later that guys came from washroom he was very shock abou the moment! He was impatient to translate my thought to the washed guy that does not speak English. Finally the Turkish guy was yelling at me and said yes my attitude is bad urs worse than mine due to I said I will complain your poor attitude.

I found something bit me when I sleep on the bed of this hostel, I got som lumps on my arms, neck n legs. As for the room I don t want to repeat the comment of forsaid person. Just come to stay at ISTANBUL HOSTEL if you don't believe what I said.

• Stayed September 2012
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This hostel is nothing special, but the location is good, especially for the price, and the breakfast is decent. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the rooftop terrace has a good view. Our A/C worked well, and while the bathroom was stuffy, it was clean and in good working order.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen S
Fethiye, Turkey
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have stayed at this hostel in may ,it is very close to blue mosqe,st.sofia. very convenient to visit historical site, good value, breakfast is poor but ,it is good

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I stayed here for four nights and for the most part everything was solid. Over the course of my stay however I was overcharged (by more than a few lira) or asked to pay after I had already paid six times (three at the restaurant). While my case is probably unique, be weary of these guys as they are not necessarily on your team like most hostel staff is. See how much others are paying as there are different rates and if you book with hostelworld make sure that they count your deposit.

Also, when I confronted one of the staff about being charged for a room I wasn't given, he said "you are the traveler, you are the one with the money."

• Stayed April 2012