“Impaient, Unfriendly , unhelpful , impolite and uncleaness , all negative comments”
Review of Istanbul Hostel

Istanbul Hostel
Ranked #469 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

My friend and I stayed there for a couple days. We just found this hostel by walk in haven't book. Now I know there are many negative comments on tripadvisor, i think I need to add my own comment for you guys reference. You really want book or stay at his hostel after reading my comment. I hope you would have a nice trip in instanbul.

Firstly, I payed for 3 days already , a Turkish guy impoiltly required me to pay that again. Although I told him I already pay those to another turkish guy , he still want me to pay again when he met me at the lobby.

Secondly this Turkish guys again, he was very happy n enjoy to chat with some blonde hair gals at cafe Shop just outside the host. When I got my clothes back as I gave my clothes to them for washing. I found my pants were still dirty and got other colors on my pants. I requested to call the washed guy to come back , he said that guy already slept need to call him tomorrow, actually the guy went to washroom. One minute later that guys came from washroom he was very shock abou the moment! He was impatient to translate my thought to the washed guy that does not speak English. Finally the Turkish guy was yelling at me and said yes my attitude is bad urs worse than mine due to I said I will complain your poor attitude.

I found something bit me when I sleep on the bed of this hostel, I got som lumps on my arms, neck n legs. As for the room I don t want to repeat the comment of forsaid person. Just come to stay at ISTANBUL HOSTEL if you don't believe what I said.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This hostel is nothing special, but the location is good, especially for the price, and the breakfast is decent. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the rooftop terrace has a good view. Our A/C worked well, and while the bathroom was stuffy, it was clean and in good working order.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen S
Fethiye, Turkey
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have stayed at this hostel in may ,it is very close to blue mosqe,st.sofia. very convenient to visit historical site, good value, breakfast is poor but ,it is good

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I stayed here for four nights and for the most part everything was solid. Over the course of my stay however I was overcharged (by more than a few lira) or asked to pay after I had already paid six times (three at the restaurant). While my case is probably unique, be weary of these guys as they are not necessarily on your team like most hostel staff is. See how much others are paying as there are different rates and if you book with hostelworld make sure that they count your deposit.

Also, when I confronted one of the staff about being charged for a room I wasn't given, he said "you are the traveler, you are the one with the money."

• Stayed April 2012
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Location was amazing.staff is so nice also there is travel agency and restaurant on the roof.everything was great!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
alexandria
Reviewed April 12, 2012

i stayed here in march 2012 for 4 nights , it is clean and with nice hot showers, a great view from the terrace ,very near to all major landmarks, and really a very good price too ,and i really enjoyed my stay here, but i had only 1 problem, when i asked for a pick up from the airport then my flight was delayed,so i arrived late, didn't find anyone waiting and got lost for a while till i found the hostel , and when i finally was in the reception ,he charged me for the pick up service,assuming that they already paid it . but that's why you ask for the flight number, to ask if it took off and the time of the arrival not just send it with little info .anything else was just good

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank falfola
Fethiye, Turkey
Reviewed April 5, 2012

very nice close to st.sofia, blue mosque etc,very nice roof top ,friendly stuff

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple