“Just Perfect”

Ranked #186 of 1,151 Hotels in Istanbul
Bern, Switzerland
“Just Perfect”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Beautiful hotel, Great view, Delicious Breakfast, nice, friendly and helpful staff, cosy atmosphere, close to Blue mosque, clean, comfortable beds, nice and authentic interiors, terrasse, Air condiotioner, fridge

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Melksham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from our 5 night stay at the Deniz House. Staff were really helpful and friendly. Our room was situated on the top floor (no lift - 4 flights of stairs!) which had beautiful veiws over the Marmara, but had the tram track and main road between, which at times could be noisy at night. Room was very basic but comfortable. Location is within walking distance to most of the main tourist attractions within the Sultanahmet area. Good variety of Resturants around the hotel to eat out at night. Would reccommend hotel to anyone and hopefully will be returning there soon (but on a lower floor!!)

Room Tip: Ask for a room which does not have sea views if you want a little more peace! Taxi drivers are uns...
1 Thank jakki72
Tehran
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed at Deniz houses for 8 nights with my family. we stayed at the building next to Deniz A, on the third floor with sea view. The hotel is a historic wooden house with character. the breakfast was served at the 4th floor. The hotel is in walking distance of the major attractions. There is a taxi station in front of the hotel.
we arrived from Sabiha airport we took Havaras bus which are in front of the airport and took us to Taksim square and from there we took taxi, so there was no need for the hotels pick up service. There was a 5% discount for cash payment. but no discount for long stays.
Overall we really enjoyed our stay in this hotel and will stay there again.

Room Tip: rooms with sea view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Aalborg, Denmark
Reviewed May 27, 2013

the hotel is nice and situated close to the great attractions in the old istanbul but it destroy my experience that our written offer when we booked the hotel, that the hotel would deduct 5 % on the bill if we paid cash. (an offer renowed on arrivel) was suddenly not valid anymore when we cheched out of the hotel

Morten and Ella Sander denmark

1 Thank mosa642
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Me and my husband stayed 4 nights at Deniz Houses.
They staff is very helpful and professional.
The room where we stayed was very confortable with beautiful views to the Marmara (I recommended even if it is the last floor).
The breakfast is good and on the evening you also have te/coffee to enjoy with a nive view to the Blue Moske.
The location is perfect with walking distance to the main attractions in Sultanahmet
I will recommend it to every reader. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again.

1 Thank ViajerosMnR
Deniz_Houses, Guest Relations Manager at Deniz Houses Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us. We have been very happy to read your kind review, and are glad to see that you spent enjoyable stay in Deniz Houses Hotel. We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,

Kerem Benligil
Marseille, France
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed in this hotel 3 nights in April: it's right in the Istanbul historical center, next to the Blue Moske, walkable to Topkapi and other sites. Breakfast is good, rooms are very clean and comfortable, service is remarkable, and the rate, really affordable at this season. I warmly recommend this place for a stay in this beautiful city.

Room Tip: room 1 at the fisrt floor has a little terrace
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Deniz_Houses, Guest Relations Manager at Deniz Houses Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review on Tripadvisor to share your Deniz Houses Hotel experience with us. I am delighted to learn that we were able to make you comfortable in our property and to secure a pleasant stay for you in general. We sincerely hope to welcome you back soon.

Best Regards,

Kerem Benligil
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I and my wife stayed at Deniz Houses for five nights, May 14 – 19. In sum, I we are very happy with the hotel, and I will recommend it to every reader. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again.
Let me do this easy for the reader and write my review in bullet points.

Pros:

- Very good service. These people really want to make your stay best as possible. Each time we requested something, they fulfilled it to our complete satisfaction.

- The room is nice and they are properly cleaned by the personnel every day. I booked a room at the third floor, double bed, with sea view.

- It is extremely close to the Blue Mosque, about 4-5 minutes walking. Also close to all the other main sights in Sultanahmet.

- You can see the Blue Mosque from the terrace, where breakfast is served. From the terrace, you can also have a look at the Marmara sea.

- You have every shop you need in walking distance, also small grocery shops.

- Extremely good wifi connection, better than most 5 stars I’ve stayed at

Cons:

- The breakfast is really poor. No real bread at which you can have some cheese and jam etc., no warm food. You do get some kind of bread, only white bread not brown, but they do not refill this towards the end of the breakfast time (breakfast time 7-10.30 am). I won’t go into every detail here, but the bottom line is that the breakfast was sub-satisfactory, to say it the least.

- Although I said the service is good, I was disappointed when I learned that the phone in my room couldn’t be used for external calls (so I had to use my cell which is way much more expensive). The personnel told me that this has been a problem at 3rd floor for some days (and they still hadn’t fixed it). The receptionist offered me to make the call from his phone at the reception. But when I walked down three floors and made the call, the receptionist told me that they will charge me for the call. I am totally OK with paying for external calls if the phone in my room is in order, but NOT if it’s not and I have to walk down three floors to make a call. When I told him this, he agreed. (btw, the amount he told me to pay was not more than 1 lira per minute, but that’s not the point here).

- The terrace is really not that “wow” as you might expect from the hotel’s website and maybe even from my point about it above. It is quite small, about 4 small tables at which 2 people can sit.

- The hotel’s web site brags about the sea view rooms. Sure, the view indeed is beautiful. But it must be added that the rooms with a sea view also front the high way (i.e. traffic noise) and a train rail. This didn’t bother me much, especially as there were very few trains passing by, but I think it should be added to nuance the sea view thing.

- The double bed is a bit small. I didn’t measure it, but I don’t think it’s much wider than 150cm (160 is a minimum, I think). Normal length is 200cm, but I don’t think this bed was that long. Luckily, neither I nor my wife are big, so this didn’t cause huge discomfort.

Room Tip: Make sure to book a room with sea view and on the third floor (which is the top floor).
1 Thank Shakeb S