“Good location, good breakfast”
Review of Hotel Agan

Hotel Agan
Ranked #148 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Nice three nights in Agan. Nice decor rooms (only one problem with aircon - we tried 18 degrees, 19 degrees, 20, 21 - but it was constantly 25 - not so fine in summer). So delicious and varied breakfast - with vegetables and fruits. And we must not forget: location! Five minutes walk to Hagia, Mosque and five minutes to ferry. Near hotel is two supermarkets (but you shouldnt take any food to rooms).

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MarthyJ
There are newer reviews for Hotel Agan

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We spent a week at the Agan Hotel and it was great. The location is perfect, very very close to sultanahmet and all the attractions of old city, the hotel is also near two tram stations where you can get the tram to go anywhere else you want to. The accomodations are small, but I guess that's standard in every old city like environment. The hotel was very clean, they kept the room immaculate with daily maid service and overall, it was a great place to be for us and our family. The customer service of the hotel was simply superb. The only drawbacks for me were the breakfast, which was good but not excellent and the WIFI which is very weak on the 6th floor where our room was. Other than that, I highly recommend this hotel with very modest prices and great service.

Room Tip: if you don't want or can't use stairs, make sure to ask for a room anywhere but on the 6th f...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Camuri-baghdadi
Reviewed July 17, 2014

This is a wonderfully situated hotel as it is within walking distance to most of the major attractions in Old City. The rooms are very clean and the staff is absolutely wonderful. I wanted to cry on the last day at the hotel because I honestly did not want to leave. Everyone spoke English and were very eager to help. The breakfast is traditional Turkish fare and very filling and plentiful. This is a great hotel and I cannot say enough good things about it. If you are expecting luxury, I would not recommend Agan. If you want a quaint, clean, homey, feel with great service then please go with Agan. I will definitely be back.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Asia Y
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Small but clean rooms, friendly staff, good location (walking distance to all major sights). The only disadvantage I could mention is that this part of he city is very noisy at night so we couldn't sleep very well...

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
1  Thank Anita B
Reviewed July 9, 2014

My sister and I were happy with this acomodation when we visited Istanbul a year ago. This June we came again and brought our mother. We enjoyed it even better this time! All great points are still great (superb location, clean and convinient, friendly staff, far enough from loud traffic), but this time breakfast was delicious every day and staff always close to clean tables and take used dishes.
Room is small but with everything needed. I would just put refrigerator away since it is not working when nobody is in the room and is hot outside, like heating body in the room.
And we missed grape vine shades outside that was so lovely!
Great convinient hotel in this paradise city!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay if you want to explore the Old City. Right in the heart of it all.

Brilliant staff - friendly, helpful and good English.

Rooms are basic but perfectly fine. Restaurant/pub very nice. Nice cats too. Beautiful architecture gives a authentic atmosphere.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 6, 2014

A small hotel but with friendly & good English speaking staff & very helpful since the day we arrived.Prices are reasonable..And I would say it's worth..
Location is ideal as it's just walking distance from Gulhane tram station & walking distance to blue mosque,Topkapi palace & to Sirkeci railway station & ferry terminals.
I love this small hotel as it's very ideal & classic place & i miss whole Istanbul since I returned to work.
You can count on front office staff as they do speak English well & willing to help & is available to your inquiries...I'm waiting to go there again..

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends