“Great budget hotel”
Review of Hotel Agan

Hotel Agan
Ranked #157 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Really lovely budget hotel. Rooms were small, but incredibly clean, and well stocked. Great location for Aya Sofya, Blue Mosque, the sea and the bazaars. Although it was very touristy, it was quietly so, with lovely people working in the surrounding businesses (in contrast to nearer the Grand Bazaar, which could, in my opinion, be anywhere that tourists exist in the world). Was perhaps a little too loud in some rooms due to the hustle of the restaurant across the world.

The restaurant also serves surprisingly good food (in comparison with local eateries) and though a little road-house and dingey, has outdoor seating. Fell a little in love with very helpful young guys on the reception (I'm susceptible to Turkish charm!). Would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lita O

Reviewed June 7, 2012

WOW! That is the word both myself and friends used to describe the hotel. When looking for accommodation in Istanbul I stumbled across this place online. I sent them an email with a few questions and from their reply I knew I was booking the right place. I requested a triple room for 3 nights and was quoted 240 euros for the 3 nights, they even arranged for a taxi to pick us up and take us back to the airport (for an extra cost)

Upon arrival we was greeted by friendly staff who knew what they were talking about. Okay the rooms are a little small, the air con is not very good and our fridge did better at keeping things warm than cool, but for such a great location you are hardly in your room. The hotel is a 10min walk from attractions such as The Blue Mosque and many other famous landmarks. The staff could not be more helpful and even arranged a meal and belly dancing evening and a tour of the Bosporus.

I cannot speak highly enough about the service we received. I know where I will be staying on my next trip to Istanbul.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank the427
Reviewed June 5, 2012

This hotel has a great location, walking distance to sultanahmet , blue mosque. The stafff was very freiendly and helpful. They accomidated our every need. The rooms were very clean breakfast was great. I will definitely be staying at hotel agan on my next trip to Turkey

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank wajma w
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Still one month and i will come to Istanbul again. Still one month and I will stay at my "second home" AGAN. You cannot imagine how much i am waiting July! I will walk around whole Istanbul, i will sit on bench and look at ships at Bogaz and Halic...I will visit my favourites museums, I will go to Rumeli Hisari and Anadolu Hisari...Of course i will swim a lot, because i know one nice beach at Yesilkoy....And i will be happy to see all my friends, and every day at AGAN will be very very nice for me....Still 40 days....Still 40 long days....I really miss Istanbul and i miss AGAN!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Olga084
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Just do as the title say's and book it now!

This was a great place to stay. Not only the rooms were great and the bed comfy. The Guys downstairs are ace. Very helpful and fun to chat with. Turgut and Murot made me very welcome and made it feel like a home away from home. Every question I threw at them they solved. They were Awesome! I even lost my power adaptor and
with no hesitation they gave me one of their's...nice one guys!
There is a nice and comfy restaurant downstairs to with good wifi and cool dudes running the place... Really cool. You also get 10% off. Gold! Breakfast was yummy too.
The location is in the best area to. Once you find the place (easy for me as I was dropped off right there), you are dead centre in the action zone between The Blue mosque and The Galata bridge.

So do as the title say's and book this place NOW, and relax from wondering where to stay.

Julian :)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank plasticineman
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I love this small hotel. The location could not be better in the historic area of Istanbul and the tram line is just a few steps away. The staff is great. Murat, at reception, is so welcoming and helpful, and his recommendations are excellent. I stayed once at a large, very modern hotel in the city due to being with a tour group. While the staff was efficient, the experience was boring and impersonal. When the tour was over I headed straight back to the Agan where I am never bored. The restaurant, Salute, is connected to the hotel and one can dine inside or out.....outside is the most fun....just watching the world go by! The food is excellent and they make a great Tequilla Sunrise! I stay there whenever I'm in the city, this was my 5th time.....I just left 5-19, and recommend it without hesitation. The Agan is clean, the staff wonderful, the location could not be better, and most of all, it's FUN. It's impossible to be bored here, and Murat is simply wonderful.

Room Tip: There are individual rooms plus several suites.