“Exceptional customer service!”

The Sofa Hotel
Ranked #238 of 1,147 Hotels in Istanbul
“Exceptional customer service!”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We had a great weekend at this hotel. Absolutely no complaints!
We used the 3 nights for 2 deal--great value! Upon check-in the reception was extremely helpful and flexible in giving us a room that fit our requests, upgraded us to a suite, and brought us a rollaway for no extra charge. We were able to have 3 clothing items pressed for free and there was complimentary water in the room. The room was big and clean, the bathroom was nice with an excellent shower and good bath products, robes, and slippers. We slept very well with no noise or disturbances at all. It felt like they paid attention to the all the small details, and we were very comfortable. The breakfast was good too, with convenient hours and good service.
Every single staff member at the hotel was beyond kind and helpful. They helped us with many dinner reservations, activity and restaurant recommendations, directions--anything we needed. I left something behind in the hotel and they offered to mail it to me (international) at no charge.
We had massage treatments at the spa and were able to use a 30% discount as we scheduled our treatments during a weekday. The atmosphere was great and we enjoyed our massages.
The location of the hotel was also perfect--shopping, grocery store, taxis, etc.
Overall, we could not have asked for a better experience. We highly recommend this hotel and can't wait to come back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Humeyra E, Front Office Manager at The Sofa Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Sofa Hotel Nişantaşı

It was a such a pleasure having you here also it is very nice to hear that you had felt this way during your stay.
We are happy to read that you were extremely happy with our employees and respond to all your requests.

Very much looking forward to seeing you all and welcome you back to The Sofa Hotel Nişantaşı

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

I love smaller more intimate hotels and felt this was a pretty good one, well located in the heart of the stylish Nişantaşı area. Not sure wether it's classified as a 'boutique hotel' but it certainly has those sensibilities.

The room was good, though it was supposedly a more premium sweet that somehow I'd been upgraded to which was brilliant of Sofa to do except, in comparison to other boutique hotels I've stayed in there were a few criticisms but nothing major.

I love a high spec, clean edged room that my Sofa bathroom had in abundance. The shower was lovely and I thought the space had been well planned to allow for joint use but also privacy. Toweling and robes where great and I thought the complimentary rectangle slippers where awesome. Molton brown is their cosmetic supplier which is cool though I'd have preferred something a little less mass market in such a cool hotel.

The room itself was all good. Nice large bed, warm, light duvet, plump cosy pillows etc. I had a perfect massive wardrobe (lacking hangers though), lage desk and chaise lounge within lots of space. I can't fault those bits and my only critism is the finish of the room. I personally find plug sockets, fuse points and wires on show, or guides and magazines strewn around, all very ugly and give gold stars to those hotels who know just how important a streamline finish is to interior design and how storage can solve these cluttering problems. Such as the coffee and tea stuff littered around the end of the desk, all look clumsy and out of design sync if you ask me. This aside it was all good, everything works. So apart from looking for a bedside light switch for 30minutes (they are tiny wee string pulls) I was super comfortable.

Beware though! There are lots of extra costs hidden away. You only get one complimentary bottle of water?!. The instant coffee is free but the Tea kinda pricey at £3 a bag if my friends calculations were correct. There are sweets and treats left out of the mini bar easily presumed complimentary. Nope they are not. Also you have to request an iron and ironing board for the room, though the wardrobe could easily home these permanently. I did get 3 items complimentary pressed though which was a great service for my short stay.

Also wifi?? Not included?? Really??? You have to choose a package and pay. This is not like any hotel I have ever stayed in worldwide. A tad silly I think.

The breakfast is a standard buffet and was also additional cost. Nothing to right home about as it was just the run of the mill mass scrambled eggs, plastic sausages and tiny bacon strips. Such a shame for such a nice hotel. The pastries and coffee are nice and so is the breakfast room.

All in all I was happy and comfortable for my two nights and survived without wifi though another day may have pushed me over the edge considering you can't work without it.

The area Sofa is situated in is great, full of the usual luxury stores, Prada, Vuitton etc but some cooler independent shops too, as well as a mall with Turkish own brands. There's also plenty of delicious dinning to be done and I'd recommend Frankie's that's conveniently situated on the top floor of Sofa.

If Sofa can research other hotels across the globe that they align with or are similar to and tweak a few of the complimentary elements or a least look closer at there inclusive costs and customer guidance then this would be a great 5 stars from me.

I will definitely stay here again, I would certainly recommend it and hope it grows and gets better. Can't wait to try the spa facilities that I sadly missed.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bobbyboysabout
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Istanbul and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at The Sofa Hotel Nişantaşı.

We have communicated your feedback to the entire team at the hotel.

We hope to see you again at our HIP hotel.
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Location is perfect beside it's across from city's mall there are lots of shops, boutiques, cafes, grocery stores, and beautiful park just around the corner in case traveling with kids. Also, the area is well known with tons of taxis available anytime.
Our experience with staff & room service was good, we ordered extra stuff and they delivered them in about 5min.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

It was a such a great pleasure meeting you , here we thrive to make our guests feel at home so it is wonderful to hear that you had felt this way during your stay.

We hope to see you in the near future when your travels take you back to Istanbul.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The hotel entrance is very unusual as it looks like a regular building , the lifts will take you to the lobby and only there you feel the modern ambiance , the staff is nice and when you arrive to the rooms the place is very comfortable , a rel apartment style , clean and spacious. I liked the bathroom as it looked as a sauna or it gave the impression of a turkish bath in some way...
We had a balcony with no view... being in Istambul you expect a better view or at least the a nicer one.The location is really great very modern so it contrasts with the rest of city , great stores and malls at walking distance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments on the Tripadvisor.
I am more than happy that you full enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to wellcoming you again.

Kind Regards
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I went on a three days business trip.
Very good hotel with very spacious rooms (at least mine, 405) and comfortable bed. Very clean.
The breakfast was average, nothing outstanding.
The only thing for me was the extras, wifi was not included in the price and it was really expensive, 12 € for 12 hours. Same for mini bar or laundry services.
Location was convenient, near former Besiktas stadium.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Great hotel in the center with gorgeous practical rooms! The service was great the breakfast buffet was terrific! We felt like we were in our own studio apartment! The taste level was great! We wished we had a better selection of movies in our room! The Internet kept dropping even though we were paying extra for it.. They finally gave us our own modem! The front desk was very helpful ! The location was perfect! And the maid service was super!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I am more than happy that you full enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to wellcoming you again.

Kind Regards
UK
Reviewed September 21, 2013

When you book a suite here, I think an expectation of the basics being correct is reasonable,
To pay for wifi is Im afraid just not acceptable. The alternative is to "borrow" a laptop, but they only have one and it was booked.
So many little things were wrong with the room, and obviously had been for some time. They were all obvious faults, should have been spotted by staff and fixable in a few minutes. The toilet roll holder in the bathroom was hanging off, the balcony door handle came away in your hands. There was no coffee machine in the kitchen, just a kettle with cheap sachets of Nescafe instant. No milk, just powdered stuff. None of this was replenished during room make up and when we asked for more we were given just 4 sachets of Nescafe. Wasn't replenished the following day either. Piles of ludicrously expensive stuff to buy in fridge and heaped up in kitchen but no free water. One bowl of fruit on arrival just isn't good enough.
A real pity, at this price, I expect the basics to be right.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family