“The Sofa Hotel - Frankie”
Review of The Sofa Hotel

The Sofa Hotel
Ranked #256 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I love the location of this hotel it’s very convenient, rooms are spacious, staff is very attentive.
I experienced the Spa for the first time and enjoyed it very much, too shame that I couldn’t
try the Turkish Bath as it was fully booked for the all afternoon. I also asked Concierge for the best restaurant in town
and when they suggested the top roof restaurant Frankie, I thought ohh well, they are trying to sell me what they have, but no,
I was wrong, it is really the best restaurant in town, service, music and ambiance very good. Overall, I had great experience
in this stylish hıtel and I would definetly come back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank disegnatore
Humeyra E, Front Office Manager at The Sofa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Guest ,

First of all thank you very much for sharing your comments at Tripadvisor.
It is very nice to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Your comment regarding to Frankie Restaurant was shared with Restaurant Manager

Thnak you very much for staying with us and hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I travel very often to Istanbul and this is the second time I stayed at this hotel.

I believe they’ve improved a lot since I was there the last time. They have now wi-fi in the room

and there wasn’t before. They’ve opened an art gallery in the lobby level full of great artworks.

There was Mother’s Day celebration during my stay in HallArts, lovely jazz music with great food.

I paid a little supplement on top of my breakfast rate which is totally worth, felt like New York.

Very good choice I made J

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Humeyra E, Front Office Manager at The Sofa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Very warm greetings from The Sofa Hotel,

Thank you so much for your nice words about our hotel.We are more than happy that we kept improved our service quality
Looking forward to welcoming you again in our HIP hotel

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We had a great weekend at this hotel. Location is just perfect! Best cafes and bars of the town are just step away.The area is also famous for shopping where you can find almost all the brands.
Hotel is pretty modern and has cozy atmosphere. General areas are very well equipped with fine artworks. The room is large enough and decorated in modern style. Staff is quite friendly and helpful especially reception where we had great welcoming. They have also fine dining restaurant at the roof top, one of the best restaurant in the city. The buffet breakfast might be little richer but it was okay for us.
Really good place to enjoy Istanbul at break, would definitely recommend this hotel -especially for young couples

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your warm words about our hotel.
We are extremely happy you enjoyed the concept, from the design, to the room and the location....
It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to The Sofa Hotel Istanbul

Reviewed May 15, 2013

A superior understanding of service. Friendly staff and stunning views impressed me a lot. The beauty of being at the center of the city is also a separate .. As someone who frequently travel overseas in the restaurant and hotel workers Frankie perfectionist friendliness and service that I could not find a country to go. This is the Turkish guests.MANY THANKS TO ALL OF YOU SOFA!!!

Dear Guest

Greetings from Istanbul,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your nice comment on Tripadvisor.
We are very happy that you full enjoyed staying with us.

Hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed there twice on fairly long stays. First time in their best room, a penthouse suite for about 2 weeks. and this time in a terrace suite for 8 days.
I have not seen the standard or deluxe rooms but I stayed the first night in what they call a tranquility suite: a joke! no daylight, a window overlooking a long chimney and the landing.
The penthouse suite is a nice room with a great terrace, a tacky round bed and a jacuzzi. the terrace studio is ok, nothing fancy and a rather dull furnishing. The location is great, buoyant, with lots of shops and restaurants.
The main problem is the management and service.
The breakfast to start with is really poor, the selection of breads appalling, a unhelpful and unfriendly staff, no way to get a porridge (I tried 2 days in a row), it is mainly half english breakfast and half turkish (cheese, olives...) with little alternative but worse: there was for 5 days in a row an enormous black fly feeding on the food. I pointed it out to the staff the first day saying that was not good for health and safety but the fly was there the next day and the following ones... until i complained again. It was an enormous and disgusting insect and there is no way the staff did not see it; they just did not care.
When I called reception to ask for more complimentary water, I was told that they only give you one bottle on check in and do not replace it. I was furious.
Same for the nice Turkish combined soap you find the first day: never replaced. I was told that it is a management decision: clearly not a wise one as they encourage one day stays as opposed to cherish their longer stay customers. anyway...
Then the gym: clearly the low of the hotel. sinister, two treadmills in total, one out of service for the whole duration of my stay, a stair master, and only one other machine (see the photo).
Also the bar at the top is very loud and just above my room on the 7th floor.
In the Penthouse suite, it took me several days to get the jacuzzi working as they filled it once and forgot to clean it so when i turned it on, it was suddenly full of dirt coming from the pipes. awful.
I will certainly not recommend this hotel for stay longer than a day. You have many more great alternatives to choose from. I will not stay there again.
Read carefully the positive reviews: I find them a little too formatted to be honest.

Room Tip: rooms at the back a a lot quieter. those on 7th floor have open view.
2  Thank Olivier V
Humeyra E, Front Office Manager at The Sofa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at The Sofa Hotel Nişantaşı.

At The Sofa Hotel Nişantaşı we thrive to make our guests feel at home and help them experience what our HIP hotel has to offer.
I am very sorry that you had to experience The Sofa Hotel Nişantaşı with such discomfort.

We have communicated your feedback to the entire team at the hotel.

I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence in the future
It is in our benefit to have our employees professional and trained for providing our guests with the hospitality they deserve and expect.

We hope that you will give us another chance in your next trip, we promise to you a better experience with us in the fields which you have complained of.

I look very much forward to welcoming you back in our hotel.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

It is true, it is excellent located, but be aware that everything is extra and you should get all the info when you check in to be sure what you are going into. On top of that I paid for a deluxe room but it had no windows, when complained they told me it was a "tranquility room". On my first shower all the bathroom was flooded. The TV screen was only a few inches bigger than my laptop's screen. And for breakfast, that was not included, the price was exorbitant. They talked me into a special package that ended in 19 euros (plus tax).The Air conditioner is not individual to the room so when at nights they stop it it is hot in the room, temperature went from 21.9 C to 24.7 C (there is a thermometer in your room). Of course internet was not included only free on the lobby that had the music at full volume and had smell sprayers that made my allergies soar. For two nights during my stay, I did not have the turnaround service. After staying on hotels of the same or superior category in Istanbul, please avoid this one unless you are desperate to stay in the Nisantase area.

Room Tip: Stay only on the rooms that have a window and avoid the ones near to the restaurant -bar on the top...
1  Thank Damian O
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Located in a wester kind of type part of town this hotel reflects perfectly the orient meats west king of feeling that you get when you visit Istanbul. Located right next to a shopping mall with a great busy streets atmosphere this hotel is a perfect weekend getaway to stay in town.
Very modern and with great rooms and breakfast it offer european service and all conditions for a great stay in Istanbul.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Humeyra E, Front Office Manager at The Sofa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Istanbul and thank you for the very nice comment on TripAdvisor.

It was nice to have you and we would be more than happy If we can have you again.