“A superior understanding of service!!!This is the Turkish guests.”
Review of The Sofa Hotel

The Sofa Hotel
Ranked #238 of 1,147 Hotels in Istanbul
Barcelonnette, France
“A superior understanding of service!!!This is the Turkish guests.”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

A superior understanding of service. Friendly staff and stunning views impressed me a lot. The beauty of being at the center of the city is also a separate .. As someone who frequently travel overseas in the restaurant and hotel workers Frankie perfectionist friendliness and service that I could not find a country to go. This is the Turkish guests.MANY THANKS TO ALL OF YOU SOFA!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Humeyra E, Front Office Manager at The Sofa Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Guest

Greetings from Istanbul,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your nice comment on Tripadvisor.
We are very happy that you full enjoyed staying with us.

Hope to see you again.

Hümeyra Ercil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed there twice on fairly long stays. First time in their best room, a penthouse suite for about 2 weeks. and this time in a terrace suite for 8 days.
I have not seen the standard or deluxe rooms but I stayed the first night in what they call a tranquility suite: a joke! no daylight, a window overlooking a long chimney and the landing.
The penthouse suite is a nice room with a great terrace, a tacky round bed and a jacuzzi. the terrace studio is ok, nothing fancy and a rather dull furnishing. The location is great, buoyant, with lots of shops and restaurants.
The main problem is the management and service.
The breakfast to start with is really poor, the selection of breads appalling, a unhelpful and unfriendly staff, no way to get a porridge (I tried 2 days in a row), it is mainly half english breakfast and half turkish (cheese, olives...) with little alternative but worse: there was for 5 days in a row an enormous black fly feeding on the food. I pointed it out to the staff the first day saying that was not good for health and safety but the fly was there the next day and the following ones... until i complained again. It was an enormous and disgusting insect and there is no way the staff did not see it; they just did not care.
When I called reception to ask for more complimentary water, I was told that they only give you one bottle on check in and do not replace it. I was furious.
Same for the nice Turkish combined soap you find the first day: never replaced. I was told that it is a management decision: clearly not a wise one as they encourage one day stays as opposed to cherish their longer stay customers. anyway...
Then the gym: clearly the low of the hotel. sinister, two treadmills in total, one out of service for the whole duration of my stay, a stair master, and only one other machine (see the photo).
Also the bar at the top is very loud and just above my room on the 7th floor.
In the Penthouse suite, it took me several days to get the jacuzzi working as they filled it once and forgot to clean it so when i turned it on, it was suddenly full of dirt coming from the pipes. awful.
I will certainly not recommend this hotel for stay longer than a day. You have many more great alternatives to choose from. I will not stay there again.
Read carefully the positive reviews: I find them a little too formatted to be honest.

Room Tip: rooms at the back a a lot quieter. those on 7th floor have open view.
2 Thank marsalondres
Humeyra E, Front Office Manager at The Sofa Hotel, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at The Sofa Hotel Nişantaşı.

At The Sofa Hotel Nişantaşı we thrive to make our guests feel at home and help them experience what our HIP hotel has to offer.
I am very sorry that you had to experience The Sofa Hotel Nişantaşı with such discomfort.

We have communicated your feedback to the entire team at the hotel.

It is in our benefit to have our employees professional and trained for providing our guests with the hospitality they deserve and expect.

We hope that you will give us another chance in your next trip, we promise to you a better experience with us in the fields which you have complained of.

I look very much forward to welcoming you back in our hotel.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed May 7, 2013

It is true, it is excellent located, but be aware that everything is extra and you should get all the info when you check in to be sure what you are going into. On top of that I paid for a deluxe room but it had no windows, when complained they told me it was a "tranquility room". On my first shower all the bathroom was flooded. The TV screen was only a few inches bigger than my laptop's screen. And for breakfast, that was not included, the price was exorbitant. They talked me into a special package that ended in 19 euros (plus tax).The Air conditioner is not individual to the room so when at nights they stop it it is hot in the room, temperature went from 21.9 C to 24.7 C (there is a thermometer in your room). Of course internet was not included only free on the lobby that had the music at full volume and had smell sprayers that made my allergies soar. For two nights during my stay, I did not have the turnaround service. After staying on hotels of the same or superior category in Istanbul, please avoid this one unless you are desperate to stay in the Nisantase area.

Room Tip: Stay only on the rooms that have a window and avoid the ones near to the restaurant -bar on the top...
1 Thank Damian O
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Located in a wester kind of type part of town this hotel reflects perfectly the orient meats west king of feeling that you get when you visit Istanbul. Located right next to a shopping mall with a great busy streets atmosphere this hotel is a perfect weekend getaway to stay in town.
Very modern and with great rooms and breakfast it offer european service and all conditions for a great stay in Istanbul.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Humeyra E, Front Office Manager at The Sofa Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Istanbul and thank you for the very nice comment on TripAdvisor.

It was nice to have you and we would be more than happy If we can have you again.

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We choose the Sofa Hotel İstanbul as it was recommended to us by friends .

We stayed for 2 nights and had a wonderful experience. Not only does the hotel have certainly one of the best locations and also easy access to the major attractions of Istanbul.

The Front Office staff was very friendly and very efficient during our stay.

We think We would really prefer to go back to this hotel on my next trip to Istanbul.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Humeyra E, Front Office Manager at The Sofa Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at The Sofa Hotel Nişantaşı.
It was a pleasure having you with us and we are very happy to hear you had an enjoyable time.

We hope to see you again and welcome you back to The Sofa Hotel Nişantaşı.

Best Regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was in Istanbul for a few nights on a business trip. My Company choose this hotel cause of the location and close to work. I never travelled to Istanbul before and this was my first time to Turkey.
At the concierge; they advised me how to deal with taxi drivers and in worst cases to call them just in case of doubt on taxi fair!
at the reception they upgrade me immediately to a larger room with luxury bathroom ... clean fresh hotel, prompt service.
Breakfast just above standards but Frankie ( restaurant top floor) serve excellent fusion Mediterranean food. lounge dj set then live music all night, great party atmosphere incredible view !!!

A bit far from from the Airport..during pick hours ( all day ) it may take over 2 hours !!! Sultanahmet, popular touristic area, an hour at least by car!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Sunny greetings from Istanbul and thank you for the very nice comment on TripAdvisor.

Happy to read that you had overall a pleasant stay.
We hope to see you again and welcome you back to The Sofa Hotel Nişantaşı

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Our experience at The Sofa Hotel was really great! The rooms are very comfortable, the neighborhood has a lot of fine stores and there is a mall just in front of the hotel. The Concierge was perfect, the whole staff, but mainly because of Deniz who was able to plan our whole trip in Turkey, as he made reservations of hotels, flights, tours, museums, guides and transfers in Capadoccia, Efesus and Pamukkale. All the arrangements were perfect and as a result our trip was awesome. We recommend the Haman (Turkish bath) at the Spa Hotel, called Sanitas, which we tried twice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Humeyra E, Front Office Manager at The Sofa Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comments

We have communicated your feedback to the entire team at the hotel and they are all very happy to know that their efforts are so well appreciated.
I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence in the future.

Looking forward to seeing you again.