“Well located little hotel”
Review of Abella Hotel

Abella Hotel
Ranked #893 of 1,149 Hotels in Istanbul
Chicago, Illinois
“Well located little hotel”
Reviewed December 22, 2010

My boyfriend and I had a great experience at this hotel! The staff, Ibrahim especially, was extremely cordial and helpful, the rooms were small and clean, the breakfast buffet was good (even wonderful, compared to the other ones we've been to in Turkey), and the roof top had an amazing view of the city (you can look over the Marmara when you eat breakfast). A great location from which to explore Istanbul's Sultanahmet sites. If you're interested in spending time on the European side, however, this is a pretty far walk, so you might want to stay at a place closer to the Golden Horn.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Turkish first
UK
Reviewed August 27, 2010

Clean rooms. Well positioned for Sultanahmet sites - Able to walk around the district in the evenings undisturbed. ( apart from routine Istanbul touting - excessive) Pleasant staff.
Prepare for the difference between advertised room price, 'special offers' & front of desk arrival banter ( cash - no cash/credit cards) - for a lethargic receipt and reluctant/non return (assumed as 'tip' before you have the chance to suggest/decide that option) of the change.
Definitely 'no frills' - bring own mini toiletries etc. Meals ho hum.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Khartoum, Sudan
Reviewed July 31, 2010

My family and I stayed for 15 nights in this hotel .The owner is very nice man and The staff is very friendly and helpful (really nice people ) my son (3 years ) like to talk w them , they help me alot (I have two child son & daughter ) Mr Ibrahim help me alot ,he advice where ican visit and any place iasked him about it he gave me the easy way to reach it , also Madam Zeinb very helpful she help my wife alot , Mr Atif is nice man (sadeeg this word in Arabic means friend) the other staff is very good and frindly .The hotel is in a perfect location , just 10 min walking to visit Sultan Ahmed Mosque ,AyaSofia Museum ,Topkapi Palase ,metro station , Grand Bazar and many shops and markets . The services is excllent . The room is very clean . The breakfast is excellent with beautiful sea view (Bosfor sea) and the old town .

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed June 30, 2010

We stayed for 4 days in Abella Hotel in Istanbul! Again! It is the second time, in the same hotel. I think we will come here again the next time. The hotel is in a perfect location for visiting the old city, everything is within walking distance. The hotel is situated in a quiet neighborhood near the Blue Mosque, Aya Sofia Museum, Topkapi Palace… The service is excellent. The staff is very friendly especially Mr.İBRAHEM. The staff can help with directions, guides, tours. The rooms are not that big, but comfortable. The cleanliness is excellent. Breakfast is at the same level as most hotels we've visited, but the restaurant on the roof is special, with beautiful view at Bosporus and Old Town. I fully recommend it.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 22, 2010

My wife and I stayed for 7 nights in this Hotel .The hotel is in a perfect location for visiting the old city, everything is within walking distance!what a great little hotel!The service is excellent. The staff can help with directions, guides, tours and more.The room was quiet. The breakfast was excellent.especially mr İBRAHEM receptionist and waiter MURAT provided us very good advices about sightseeings, restaurants, cafes - all his recomendations we found the best choice,MURAT was very kind and very smart guy. MURAT was always smiling and gave us excelllent advice.The Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, Grand Bazaar, Basilica Cistern, Hippodrome, and Spice Bazaar are all within walking distance.I don't think I've ever met a kinder staff.The family run hotel offers 15 rooms .The rooms are not that big, but comfortable. The cleanliness is excellent.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank fernandou
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 27, 2010

I did not have a room reservation at this hotel but had dinner one evening here. The menu selection is wonderful and the food is really good. Had the Turkish meatballs and rice with a salad-great meal! The atmosphere is romantic .
Murat and Suphi were very nice, helpful and professional. Would recommend the restaurant which also has a picturesque view of the Blue Mosque. Think we will visit here again the next time I am in Istanbul. Thanks guys.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mayday2073
Moscow
Reviewed March 22, 2010

It's a kind of a magic - every time I travel abroad I run into a superb places to eat out exactly at the last evening of trip. This time wasn't an exception - we were invited to a cafe that absolutely didn't seem to me prominent in any way. But then I realised it was just a ground floor of a small hotel. The manager led us to a terrace on the roof and - it's not a joke - you can really gasp in amazement because of its picturesque panoramic view.
The seaside is always somewhere close to you if you are in Sultanahmet, but the buildings are erected so densely that you can hardly enjoy its view. But from that roof you can observe everything in the city from Galata Tower and Bosphorus to hills on the asian side and ships on the road of Sea of Marmara.
Usually in a place with such an advantage they don't carry about something else - but that could not be said about Abella. The waiter is really friendly and a kind of polyglot, the dishes are delicious, too (I can't stand anything with fish so I can warrant at least meat). Even the prices are pretty reasonable, especially for expensive Sultanahmet.
The most serious thing I can size upon is several white stains on the roof left by seagulls circling above Istanbul:-)
Thank you for my last admirable glance at Istanbul, Abella! And sorry for my small tip - that was the last money I had with me in the trip))

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family