“Couldn't be better”
Review of Vezir Hotel

Vezir Hotel
Ranked #755 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed April 13, 2010

I was in Istanbul for 4 days and stayed in Vezir Hotel and i am very glad that I found this hotel. It has a really really great location which is close to everywhere in the middle of Sultanahmet, old city! and its very close to Taksim where is heart of Istanbul and very easy to get there with trams, taxi or buses and its in walking distance actually for those who likes walking...

My business was business purposes but i had a chance to discover this lovely place(sultanahmet).

Vezir hotel is 2 minutes walking distance to Blue Mosque, 3 minutes to Hagia Sophia and half an hour to Taksim!

Vezir hotel staff is great, they are very friendly, hard-working and helpful. Please see my ratings about the hotel condition.

If you are going to Istanbul and you don't know which hotel to choose, think no longer and choose this one. I will be there again for formula 1! in may. Whereever you stay enjoy Istanbul!

a bunch of pictures on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiqoTP6pTsQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlGeki-3yNU and my longer writing about Vezir hotel is here http://www.learnist.org/vezir-hotel-sultanahmet/ .

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed March 2, 2010

hotel location very good all the historical places near...

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2009

The hotel is not big, but very nice and comfortable. The location is very appropriated, it s situated in the most beautiful part of Istanbul, near the most important sightseeings (Blue Mosque, Topkapı castle, St. Sofya, Ciscern Basilika and others. The rooms are small, but very lovely and comfortable-the good airconditioner(NOT central, but private in every room), heating(also private, so that You can regulate the temperature by yourself) and other basic equipment(hairdryer, soap, classes and s.o.). Bed linen were always clean and also we had extra blankets in our room. Only one time we had a small problem with tap, but it was immediately repaired. The room was always well cleaned and the staff of the hotel was friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel, because you can feel here like at home and at the same time anjoy the beauty of Istanbul.

• Stayed: March 2009
Reviewed November 21, 2009

This is a very pleasent hotel if you like it cheap and small, the staff were very friendly and the night receptionist was very helpfu, friendly and gave us a apple tea on arrival and showed us the local sites on a map.
The maids were very pleasant and entertaining.
The breakfast was ok with a buffet, but there was no kettle in the bedroom to make you feel welcome.
On the down side the health and safety of the hotel was unacceptable our room was a walking hazzard with the toliet not bolted to the floor, nails protruding from the door frames, wires on the hairdryer in the bathroom exposed as well as the fridge in the bedroom, and the bed sheets had holes in them, holes in the lino.
I do not think we would not stay here again as it was too unsafe for my liking.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank chipmonk2009
Reviewed November 19, 2009

I am not much of a traveler and I have very less experience about hotels or other places to live during a vacation. I traveled with my mother and while searching nice, but cheap, hotels from all over the Europe, we ended up traveling to Istanbul and staying to Vezir-hotel in Istanbul's Sultanahmet.

All we knew while we came to hotel was that it was close to the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia. Soon we found out that hotel's location was pretty much like ideal for our purposes: walk-away there was a tramp stop which took us to shopping, museums and other sort of places we ever wanted to go. And so we had whole Istanbul in our hands!
The mood and view of old cirty part of Sultanahmet was very beautiful, and even though tourists weren't rare, it was still easy to get surrounded by Turkish culture and habits.

The hotel itself was a happy surprise for us. Small, comfortable hotel was clean and neat, very beautiful and has a amazingly good service. Hotel crew was ready to help us in all problems we ever had, helping us to find certain places and gave us some hints for places to go. Nice atmosphere made our holiday a succes!

• Stayed: October 2009
1  Thank inkyINK
Reviewed October 24, 2009

Personally I am not fond of large, snobbish hotels so I was looking for a smaller hotel during my stay in Istanbul. Vezir hotel fulfilled all my expectations. I have to mention friendly and helpful staff, who recommended all the famous places of interest. No wonder, this hotel has an amazing location, so it is easy to reach the selected destination. I also appreciated the garden where I used to spend much time. The decoration also caught my attention. Rooms vere cozy and clean. All I can say I enjoyed the stay very much. Should I travel to Istanbul again, I will be glad to return to this place!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2009

I was forced to stay at Hotel Vezir because the hotel I had booked turned out to be overbooked at the last minute.

The room cost 60 euros and was the size of a postage stamp. The only view from the room window was a wall!!!

Needless to say I wouldn't want to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank barve
TuranKaya, Owner & Manager at Vezir Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2009

Dear Sir,
We are very much disappointed with the review about our hotel.We believe that we do not deserve this as the room given to them was our last room in a very busy day.This reservation passed thgrough another hotel and the room was given after showing it to the hotel clerk.
We would understand the client if it was an early booking made to us.And I am sure that they could refuse to stay in that room as soon as they arrived to our hotel.But unfortunately they stayed with satisfaction of finding a room and they desided to claim after flying home.
If there is a matter of complain that might be done to the hotel they booked at the beginning not to the hotel giving them its last room in a busy day.
Best Regarts