“Brilliant location - average hotel”
Review of Vezir Hotel

and 1 more site!
Vezir Hotel
Ranked #771 of 1,181 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed October 30, 2012

After a week's stay, here's our Vezir experience... Breakfast: dull buffet continental breakfast with cakes. Quite liked the three cats being around, as not they weren't pushy. The garden looked neglected and unplanted. Bedroom: nice, but hot/cold taps wrong way round and fittings could all do with updating. Hotel ambience: first 3 mornings we were woken up at 5am by loud 'call to prayer' from Blue Mosque but must have got used to it there after. Must have also got used to intrusive evening noise from guests around hotel and in next room.. The roof terrace was nothing more than a bare tiled space and there is no lift. Staff: polite. Location: aside from the minor hill climb to the Blue Mosque / trams the Vezir's location cannot be faulted. The area has a very different vibe from the cafe's up by the trams - much more chilled. So although you 'get what you pay for' from the Vezir - you got a lot more than expected from the local colour. WE LOVED Istanbul. The Vezir served it's purpose.

Room Tip: To avoid noise from others guest's choose a higher room, but there is no lift at the Vezir - bew...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We had a marvelous trip to Turkey and enjoyed our stay at the Vezir Hotel. The location is perfect for sight seeing and dining. The hotel staff were helpful and friendly. Our stay here was all part of a wonderful experience.

We will go back!

Dave N

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Very good location: Historical center (Blue mosque,Hagia Sophia, Topkapi palace) is at 3 minutes walking. The staff is polite, but not all of them are speaking English. Good breakfast in a nice garden (with cats - I don't have a problem with cats, but many people have), wi-fi in the betrooms, very clean rooms and hotel. Minus: small bedroom, bathroom and beds, old sheet and towels.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AliceCrina
Reviewed October 9, 2012

A very nice hotel with very friendly atmosphere. Blue mosque is just across the corner & you can walk towards the sea side as well. staff is very polite & i love the breakfast. yummmm too delicious & a variety of items.
First i was staying for 3 days & nights. but everything was so perfect that i extended my stay for another 3 days. a must visit hotel & you will find warm & generous staff esp Altun...... :)
i enjoyed while my stay in vezir hotel. always greeted by warm cup of tea or coffee. you will find every kind of drink too :) for your taste.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I said at this hotel recently for a friend's wedding. She had made all of the arrangements, so I had no choice but to stay here. She had also paid for the hotel, but they still charged us upon checking out. If we had not realised, they would have been double paid for the room. On top of that when I arrived, I was told that the toilet in my room wasn't working but would be fixed the next day. I was unable to use the room the entire next day, and eventually when it became urgently necessary (to prepare for the wedding) I insisted and was given another room. However the manager was rude and agressive about it. When checking out, I stated that I would not be paying full price for the first night's stay, since I had to use a communal toilet and was unable to use the room for an entire day. The manager became extremely angry and aggressive again. She insulted my nationality as well. Claiming that all Americans are so difficult and always complain about everything in Turkey. After staying at her hotel, I can understand why she has this impression. In short, don't stay here unless you want horrible service for mediocre rooms. And if you do have to stay here, double check that you are not being over-charged.

Room Tip: For a good room, choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Plus: so cozy, good breakfast, nice staff, wi-fi in the betrooms, location location location, excelent kebab kiosk in front of the door, very clean, nice garden with cats, freezing airconditioner.
Minus: small bedroom, bathroom and beds, old sheet and towels, awkward baby's bed without matress.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This family run hotel would charm you with its character. The staff are so friendly that we thought We had known them for ages and they made us feel as if We are part of their family. At the last night of our stay it was one of the staffs wedding and they invited all the hotel guests. A night that I never forget:). I can't say enough how much I enjoyed the wedding and how much I felt welcomed being there. Back to the hotel it self, It's a 3 star hotel at it's best. I found the rooms to be really clean. The sheets were white and clean and felt like being almost new. It has a beautiful small patio, garden that they use for serving breakfast. The location is superb. When you come out of the hotel you find your self in a beautiful street full of great restaurants. it's 5 min walk to Ayasofieh, Topkapi palace and blue mosque is just down the corner.
I would defenilty come back and stay in Vezir hotel the next time I'm in Istanbul.

• Stayed: September 2012