“Excellent service and comfort”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Terrace Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Istanbul
Terrace Guesthouse
Ranked #123 of 1,031 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Trondheim
“Excellent service and comfort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed another week as I was in Istanbul to celebrate my 70th birthday. Room was clean, and Nice breakfast With a superb view over St. Sophia and the Blue mosque. Very centrally located and given good advice by the staff where to go in Istanbul, where to eat and just about everything you want about this magnificient city.

Room Tip: room 6 may be the best option
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Roald A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Finnish first
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Terrace Guesthouse is an excellent place to stay right in the historic Sultanahmet District. It was easy to walk to the Blue Mosque and the Hagia Sophia, the important museum and other sites, and local restaurants. There are 8 rooms and a breakfast room on the top floor with a spectacular view of the sea. We enjoyed talking with Dodrun, the owner, and his very helpful staff. The rooms are very neat and clean. They always had helpful recommendations. If you choose to have their recommended taxi/van service to and from the airport, it costs about $55. However, there is also a shuttle service to and from the airport that operates on a published schedule that costs about 7 euros per person.

Room Tip: We enjoyed Room 8 next to the breakfast room and room 5.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marilyn19472013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

I requested a room with a view and boy did we get it! I visited the room below us where my coworker stayed and though it was nice, it did not have the amazing view. so If you are going to stay at this property, be sure to get the top room.

The weather was very cold and the heat wasn't on yet but we grabbed a couple blankets and were fine. The view was worth the climb up the stairs and if it was warmer, I am sure a meal on the roof would have been amazing. We could see the Hagia Sophia out one window and the Blue mosque out the other.

We did have one mishap one night. The roof started leaking on my friend's bed. We dealt with it and it quickly stopped. I notified the front desk and they discounted my stay.

Definitely recommend for its location, friendly staff, and view!

Room Tip: #8 the top room, hands down.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Just spent 4 nights at Terrace Guesthouse at the recommendation of a friend who has stayed there several times. Right from my initial contact with Dogan and Kemel everything was perfect. Dogan answered my emails from New Zealand instantly and was very helpful - they arranged for an airport pickup / drop off also. Location can't be beaten - 5 minute walk to Hagia Sophia and Topkapi and 6 minutes to Blue Mosque and Basillica Cistern - neighborhood has great restaurants and very safe. Rooms are very clean with near new bathrooms - on the small side for two adults but we were only there to sleep - try for Room 2 if you can - larger and has an outside terrace. Breakfast was great and the view from the top is spectacular. The spiral staircase wouldn't be very good for elderly / disabled but after the first time it was fine. Great place to stay and highly recommend for anyone wanting good value, clean, helpful and right in the heart of Sultanhamet !

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Anita F
Naples, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

From the moment we stepped foot into your guesthouse it felt like home away from home.... breakfast delicious, our room just so perfect ....the views breath taking and of course the service, cleanliness and friendly manner only made our stay even more memorable.
Saluti.
Angela and Tracy.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor apartment..lots of steps but worth every step up...breath taking views..
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Angelavn
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

We enjoyed our initial four night stay at Terrace so much that we came back for two more nights at the end of our trip! The staff is SO friendly and helpful - they responded promptly to emails from the US, gave accurate quotes and went out of their way to assist tired and hungry travelers, letting us check in early and sleep for a few extra hours :) They provided us with plentiful and delicious Turkish breakfasts (cheese, cucumbers, tomatoes, pastries, coffee, juice!) and the rooms were comfortably-sized. The location was perfect, one block removed from the main "backpacker's row," which made it bit more quiet at night. Two blocks from Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque, surrounded by restaurants - Terrace is definitely a place we would like to return to again in the future.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are bigger.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Caitlin K
Amman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

First contact with the Terrace Guest house was by email while I was searching for a place to stay right in the centre of old Istanbul. Somewhere like the places you can read about in an Orhan Pamuk novel with interesting streets and fascinating individuals. I had an immediate friendly response. Kemal answered and said he would reserve a room for me. I wanted something different from the five star luxury hotels I usually stay in, something where I would get more of a feel for Istanbul by being more exposed to it. I asked him if I could have a room with a view and he said he would try. It turned out to be a brilliant choice.
My room was right at the top of the guesthouse on the same floor as the breakfast room. There are quite a lot of steps to the top and almost as many carpets to look at on the way. The breakfast room overlooks the Marmara Sea and the adjacent room overlooks the Blue Mosque on one side and the Hagia Sophia on the other. What a magical location! Breakfast was served in this bright and cheerful place by a bright and cheerful lady. The room was clean, remarkably quiet considering the location and had wi-fi and clean towels every day. The bed was a little small for a large person like me but quite comfortable. We were able to get to all the main tourist attractions before the queues became rather tragic in proportion and it was never far to go back to rest one’s feet and have a cup of tea. Kemal helped me with every inquiry and found taxi drivers when I wanted to go further afield. There is a bookcase full of books to borrow in the office. I can’t recommend this guesthouse strongly enough and would love to stay there again if I return to Istanbul. The location was also ideal for finding restaurants, cafes, carpet and ceramic shops.

Room Tip: The room at the top is just wonderful but you need to be fit to climb quite a lot of stairs.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family