All reviews vault karakoy galata bridge bank building rooftop bar golden horn an executive suite marble bathroom old city beautiful hotel coffee machine tram stop great boutique restaurant recommendations long weekend walking distance perfect location loved this hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed August 23, 2018

I ventured a 3 night stay at House Hotel Karakoy this July and was pleasantly surprised to find a jewel. It quickly became and will remain my go to in Istanbul as it is well-priced, very well located and well staffed. I went with my GF and we had a spacious well furnished room. It gave us a nice view of the Bosphorus whilst remaining walking distance from the historic center where most of the best stuff is. The staff hooked me up with a great day tour and boat tour of the Golden Horn which is also worth the trip. Another positive is the market which is right in front.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
TheHouseHotelKarakoy, Front Office Manager at The House Hotel Karakoy, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2018

Dear Mishap333,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us an excellent score. I'm sure our entire hotel staff enjoyed serving to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

These days even some bed and breakfasts call themselves ‘boutique’ hotels but The Vault is a true boutique hotel. Our group occupied 4 rooms and each room was different and each room was delightful.
The breakfast is absolutely superb and it includes Turkish and International items as well as an egg menu.
What makes this hotel different are the staff, every single member of staff is delightful, pleasant, friendly, smiling, professional, efficient and genuinely nice.
Every day when we walked back into the hotel it felt like coming back home.
The views from the roof top bar are amazing. This old bank building is steeped in history and it has been renovated and converted into a hotel very tastefully. It was wonderful that there are no long corridors with door numbers in thousands.
Look forward to staying here again and thank you.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank ozcmg

Dear ozcmg,

Reviewed August 17, 2018

This is an absolutely fantastic Hotel in a great area. The hospitality I received from their staff was at the highest possible level and very sincere!!! The rooftop restaurant is excellent with a spectacular view, and prices are fairly affordable. I will most definitely visit again and I HIGHLY recommend this Hotel.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Nino D,

Reviewed August 9, 2018

We-me, my wife and 2 year old son stayed at the Hotel from 23 to 28 June, 2018. The first thing you would notice is the closeness of the Hotel to the tram station, which can make traveling from one place to the other very easy, including with infants/children. The hotel is close to Galata Tower and one can easily walk to the same. Of course, some may find it a steep walk, but there are shops everywhere, which keep you interested.

The area is quiet and once you are in your room, it is really enjoyable to just relax! The hotel has its own Hamam, which must definitely be on your to-do list if staying in the Hotel. Please do not waste your money here and there! The entire staff, especially Ekin, Fatih, Mehmet are very helpful and always smiling! A happy hotel, with a happier staff and the happiest guests!

In fact, I forgot my iPAD in the hotel, and it was really sweet on part of the staff to take care of it and send it back to me@home.

Location: Centrally located with good access to Galata Tower, Istiklal Cd, Bosphorous
Rooms: Spacious, Clean and well maintained
Staff: Extremely hospitable-be it front desk, bar, restaurant, concierge, housekeeping, spa/hamam.
Value for Money: For the tariff, its extremely competitive and highly recommended.
Food: The food quality is excellent, and the bar at the top floor must not be missed at all.
Heritage: The Hotel buidling used to be a bank at a point in time, and the hotel took care to retain its original look. In fact, the work has been done carefully and the old lift, and the cellar are worth a click.
Vibes: The minute I entered, my two-year old son was happy, energetic and his eyes sparkled up. The place is very refreshing and has a thoroughly positive vibe which makes your holiday truly memorable!

Cannot wait to be back at the Vault Karakot, The House Hotel

Date of stay: June 2018
2  Thank KshitijS143

Dear Kshitij S,

Reviewed August 7, 2018

In a nutshell I reckon the Vault Karakoy, The House Hotel is absolutely unmissable and a must stay if you are looking for the perfect complement to the ideal Istanbul experience.
The hotel is perfectly situated, pretty close to the Galata tower, making the location unbeatable - some of the city’s key points of interest are all walking distance. The building’s architecture and tasteful interior design tick all the right boxes - the hotel’s building used to be a bank with a vault in one of the lower floors (hence the hotel’s name).
We stayed on the second floor in a room that was perfectly decorated with very high ornate ceilings that conveyed an incredible sense of spaciousness. The curtains and other features in the room were in a pleasant tone of olive green, that was enhanced by the white walls, nice choice of paintings, dark wooden floors and furniture, with a lovely big rug that brought everything together. The bathroom matched the bedroom’s colour tones with white and green tinted marble.
The bed was comfortable, the shower was nice, although a bit more water pressure wouldn’t have gone amiss, and the lights in the room were adequately placed and plentiful. Everything in the room, including curtains, lights, and even the room cleaning service, could be controlled automatically/electronically via wall switches. On that note, the staff that cleaned the room always did a great job. So the room was top notch - classy, techie, and pleasantly decorated and furnished. The wi-fi worked without a hitch throughout the hotel.
We tried the hotel’s Spa and the Hammam - traditional Turkish bath, on the lower floor, and were quite happy with the experience. The hotel’s terrace on the top floor has a tremendous manzara (view) over Istanbul’s skyline and the Bosphorus. We had a few meals and drinks there and thought it was great. The staff from the reception, to the restaurant and Spa, were extremely welcoming, professional and willing to go the extra mile for us. Plus they spoke perfect English which was very helpful. The kavalte (breakfast) was top notch and always something to look forward to.
We thought the price we paid for the 4 nights we spent there was very competitive and represented great value for money. The overall experience was excellent and we can wholeheartedly recommend this amazing hotel.
This hotel has now become my go to hotel when I visit Istanbul in the future. We look forward to returning to Istanbul and staying at the Vault Karakoy, The House Hotel.

Room tip: Ask for a room in the first two floors!
Date of stay: July 2018