“New Istanbul Hotel in Karakoy”

Vault Karakoy, The House Hotel
Ranked #57 of 1,156 Hotels in Istanbul
Istanbul, Turkey
“New Istanbul Hotel in Karakoy”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I had a very pleasant four-night stay at this new, prime-located property. I had stayed previously in the House Hotel's Nisantasi location, but enjoyed the Vault better. I had a generously-sized room, was pleased with the breakfast, and enjoyed a very nice dinner in the restaurant. The location is more of an "Istanbul Insider," spot, excellent if you know the city a bit already, or have a little sense of adventure. I was able to easily walk (10 - 15 minutes to Sishane) to the Metro, plus the Tram line is only 100 yards away. And Walk I did, all over the up-and-coming Karakoy neighborhood, to Galta and Istiklal nearby, and could have walked to the Old City and Grand Bazaar if I had wanted to. Overall I am glad I chose to stay there, and would seriously consider staying there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank MisterMarco
VaultKarakoy, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Vault Karakoy, The House Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear MisterMarco ,

Thank you for choosing Vault Karakoy! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed in your room and liked our restaurant services and location. Also we are grateful that you took the time to provide your feedback on TripAdvisor. We hope to see you again soon as well and if there is anything we can do to make the next stay better please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards ,

Guest Service & Quality Executive

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Marrakech, Morocco
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I choose this hotel by accident as I wanted to stay at one of their other properties, but I am very pleased I stayed here. Not only it the hotel new so they try very hard to please and they succeed.

I had a few special requests,one for a specific item that they were able to source and find for me.

The location is excellent being only a couple minutes walk the tram and a 5 minute walk to the metro.

The room is very quiet and extremely clean. Complimentary daily water is a fantastic touch and deserves mention.

Breakfast was very good and fresh. Again the serving staff was very efficient and friendly.

A very pleasant stay and I would not hesitate to return or recommend to friends.

Room Tip: With double glazed windows, I do not think it really matters.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank cruising429
Dear Cruising429 ,

Thank you very much for sharing your kind feedbacks with us. I am so glad you made your reservation to Vault Karakoy by mistake because this coincidence gave us the chance to know you and serve you during your stay. It is also very nice to hear that you enjoyed our prime location, rooms and service. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon and if there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better please don't hesitate to contact us!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

I haven't ever reviewed a hotel that I didn't actually stay in but was so impressed with an impromptu showing that felt I should share.
My wife and I were walking back from a nice dinner at Maya in Karakoy and looking at the architecture of the building. A very nice guy started to tell us about the hotel and the buildings history. He offered to show us around. His colleague at front desk was a great guide and showed us the penthouse suite - amazing - as well as a standard room which was v well appointed and very nice.
Perfect location. V friendly staff. Worth a look!!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank smclagan
Dear Smclagan ,

First of all, on behalf of all Vault Karakoy team, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write us your comments. We are all so glad to hear that you found our hotel beautiful and our staff friendly. It is always our mission to serve every guests, to welcome them warmly and share the mystical feeling that we all had. Thank you again and if you need any assistance arranging your next Istanbul visit please don't hesitate to contact us.

Warm regards ,

Guest Service and Quality Executive
london
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Excellent position, stylish décor, good service and really welcoming. The rooms are good size, well furnished and equipped. Nice little spa and a lot of character. Perfect for exploring Istanbul and very comfortable beds.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Deat Tagliogo ,

Thank you very much for the glowing feedback and we are thrilled to hear that you felt yourself in a piece of true Istanbul! I will share your feedback with all of our staff and management. We look forward to seeing you again in Istanbul and if there is anything you need to plan your next visit, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Guest Services and Quality Executive
Athens, Greece
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Just returned from a stay at the Vault. 4 nights were very good to excellent. This was our 4th time in Istanbul and 2nd one staying at a Small Luxury Hotel in Istanbul, previously stayed at TomTom. The Vault has the perfect location. Close to Galata, the Old town and everything that you could want to see on a short break holiday. The Hotel has just been restored /refurbished and it has been done to an amazing standard. The decor of the restaurant brings a feeling of 1900's luxury which goes perfectly with its original purpose of being a bank. The downstairs Vault which holds meeting rooms & the wine cellar is worth a visit, keeping the original doors. Thank you to the kind staff for giving us a show around. The finishings all over the hotel were perfect, they really did a superior job of workmanship.

We booked an executive room for 3 nights and a superior for the last night. The executive room was very nice, exactly like the photos. Good sized living room, perfect view outside of Juliet balcony . Very nice marble shower. Nice bath products/ toiletries. Good storage. We were upgraded for the last 3 nights to the Penthouse Terrace Suite, which is incredible! I think of all the hotels that I have stayed in the bath alone is remarkable, the view of the Bosphorus & Hagia Sofia second to none! Sorry can't comment on Superior room as I never saw it.

Breakfast very good. Good selection of local produce, love those bagel type breads, brings back memories of childhood in Montreal. Cappuccino good, waffles good, orange juice, overall an excellent breakfast which is included in price if a member of middle tier of Small Luxury program.

Room service menu limited but what we had was very good, and the price very reasonable for a hotel of not only this standard but any standard.

What I loved: -Attentiveness & warmness of the staff. Seemed generally concerned that you were happy.
-Very large box of truffles in room, they were excellent
-Wine & cheese plate when we checked in
-Many bottles of complimentary water
-Espresso machine & cold milk in minibar
-Bath products

What needs to be improved: -Agree with one of the other reviewers regarding floor cleaning, the executive room floor seemed to have some sort of grit, needed to be better swept / rinsed. There is construction in area and possibly from outside. But bad feeling on bare feet. Slippers so so standard.
-Staff is very attentive but there seems to be some language barrier even with simple requests having to be repeated many times. Our problem was ice, really did make us laugh when after a half hour the poor staff member showed up with a paper bag and as I looked at it and was confused he looked at me and was equally confused as to why I didn't want it. Level of conversing seems to be good but some lost in translation going on.
-Pillows a little odd, one too hard, like a rock and the other so large not really great. Rest of bedding was excellent.
-Air conditioning not strong enough, even at 16C and on max room was still a little warm. But definitely quiet.
definitely

Room Tip: I think I would reserve the deluxe as a minimum, the price difference between the rooms is not that...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank True_Destiny
VaultKarakoy, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Vault Karakoy, The House Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear True_Destiny ,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide such positive feedback on your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the nostalgic touch of our hotel, location, breakfast and amenities in your room during your stay. Also I would like to thanks again for the details you shared that needs to be improved which will be taken in consideration by our management to serve you better on your next visit. We look forward to welcome you again and if there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better please do not hesitate to contact us.

Warm regards ,

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Very good hotel. Very nice interior. Very nice food. Great location, close to many areas in Istanbul which you might want to visit.
It is the service that makes the Vault a very special place. Many thanks to Mehmet at reception for being one of the best hosts I have ever met!

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
VaultKarakoy, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Vault Karakoy, The House Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Tim D ,

Thank you so much for your feedback and for staying with us! I am glad you had a memorable time with us and liked our hotel, interior design, food and location. Mehmet truly is a valued member of the Vault Karakoy staff and I am so glad he was able to assist you with everything you needed during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon and if there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better please don't hesitate to contact us!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Wonderful hotel, beautiful rooms, excellent food & spa, superb staff - all just perfect. We are normally quite particular about the hotels we stay in and we just loved everything about this hotel, cannot recommend it enough.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Annastasia S
VaultKarakoy, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Vault Karakoy, The House Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Annastasia S ,

Thank you for your kind words of our property as especially to our staff. We pride ourselves on our genuine, attentive service so it is a pleasure to hear a review such as yours.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Irem Kucukay,