Garden House Istanbul
Agoda.com
$503
$366
1,408 results
All reviewsblue mosqueold citylovely hotelturkeygrand bazaarhagia sophiathe hotel staffwalking distancemain attractionsno elevatorturkish bathsultanahmet areatea and coffeemajor sitesthe location is perfectsightsmr
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The location of this hotel is excellent. The garden is a big extra. The food in the restaurant is good, the breakfast excellent.
My friend and I booked 2 double rooms for single occupancy. For my friend I asked a smokers' room (still possible in Turkey). We were disappointed about our rooms. My friend's room was a non-smokers' room on the 4th floor (no lift, no balcony). My room was on the first floor but very small. Keep away from room 110! The room is next to the street and the conversation of the people in the street sounds like they are talking next to your bed, which of course they are. We stayed for 4 nights. I must admit that the manager offered me a bigger room for the last 2 nights, but I couldn't be bothered to move. My mistake of course. Room 110 is definitely not suited for 2 persons. There was no room for a chair, the bathroom was flooded every time I had a shower. The staff is very friendly, there are tea and coffee facilities in the rooms and you can have as much bottled water as you want.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 18, 2013

the garden house hotel is located within walking distance of the main touristic sites of SultanAhmed/Istanbul. we (family w a 6 y old kid) just stayed there for four nights during the recent trouble in Istanbul (of which one could not notice much in SultanAhmed, except that the lines for all tourist attractions were much shorter than anticipated). the hotel staff was very friendly throughout and made us feel welcome. We particularly enjoyed the garden, where we spent most of the time we were at the hotel during the daytime. I suspect not many hotels this close to the main attractions have such a nice and relaxing backyard haven. Complimentary drinking water and coffee/tea (24h) as well as afternoon cookies and cakes were nice additions.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Istanbul is a city where the price of the hotels could be astonishing, so when you book a room you have to think what do you need and what do you want from the hotel. I found the rose garden incidentally but the choice was worthwhile. The location is great, walking distance from the hyppodrome, inside the old area of sultanhamet (which means that the hotel border some very old dirty houses) but with a taste of relax when you area in the hotel. This hotel doesn't have pool, gym or other amenities you can find in the five-four stars manions but they have hospitality and kindness, which is important too from my viewpoint. Great breakfast, rooms nice but a little bit too "heavy". Conclusions a place to remind next time in istanbul

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Fab65Roma_Italy
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed 7 nights at this lovely boutique hotel. Selyuk at the front desk could not have been nicer. Helped us with all we needed. Breakfasts in the courtyard were some of the best we've had. We had the top level room looking out over the Bosphorous. Great time.

Room Tip: Trade off between view and number of stairs you must climb to get there.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We have just returned from a wonderful 4 night stay at this lovely hotel. The advice we were given on sights ,tours and restaurants enabledbusbto plan our stay and have time to relax
What a delight to return to the calm of the cool a garden after a busy day exploring the city.
As someone who spends a lot of time in corporate hotels, what a pleasure to see the personal touches and attention to detail in things such as free wifi,tea,coffee, water and those delicious biscuits. Breakfast superb and a great start to the day.
Our room was on the top floor with no lift so ask to be lower down if stairs are a problem. Excellent size, spotlessly clean and a great view of the nearby mosque.
Excellent location away from the crowds but close to all the major sites with an easy 10min walk.

Without doubt we will recommend this hotel to our friends .

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple