“Excellent stay”

Ranked #52 of 1,151 Hotels in Istanbul
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I had a wonderful 5 night stay at this charming hotel. Rooms were of excellent quality and space. Our room even had a Turkish bath! This was my third visit to Istanbul but it was the first time I realy felt I was at home. I recommend this hotel to everyone and will go back to it in future. It is close to blue mosque and grand bazaar and the staff are very nice and freindly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank aso m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Really liked hotel and enjoyed the stay along with friendly staff and complementary breakfast. Walking distance to Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia, Topkapi and Grand Bazaar.
Free coffee and cookies anytime were an add on.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank gordonian1
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I had a wonderful stay in this charming house, ideally located near the blue Mosque. It was a little oasis of calm after a day spent in the lively Grand Bazar! The staff was really nice and welcoming and breakfast buffet delicious. I was also happy to hear the sea-gulls from my room and to enjoy a cup of tea anytime. I will definitely recommend the place to my friends!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Delphine S
Lille
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Ideally situated close to most of what we wanted to discover (Grand Bazaar, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Museum ...), we spent four nights in Garden House Hotel..All the family (from 12 to 49 years old) really enjoyed the very comfortable rooms. Staff was impressive : welcoming, kind, reactive and smiling. Nothing else to say that : "Thank you very much !". We recommend of course this hotel if you want to stay few days in Istanbul.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Adono59
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband I just returned from a 6 night stay at the Garden House in Istanbul. I was thrown at first because the outside didn't really look like the photos I saw online. Also, it's called Garden House and Rose Garden Suites. No worries, you're in the right place!

I would say this is more like a bed & breakfast than a typical hotel. The rooms are definitely more bedroom than hotel room. We ended up staying in 2 rooms while we were there due to some plumbing issues in our first room. I liked our first room better (304 if I remember correctly) it was spacious and had a remodeled bath. No view as it faced the street. Our second room was on the 5th floor. Smaller bed, not as comfy, the bathroom was tiny.

So, because this isn't an op-ed piece for the New York Times, I will break it down to a pro/con list. This hotel isn't luxury if that's what you're looking for. It's comfortable with several perks!

Pro:

Location. Couldn't be any better. We walked everywhere. It was fabulous.
Breakfast. It was lovely with lots of options and it was nice to have that included with the cost of the room.
Water/Coffee/Snacks available all the time.
The Staff. Very accommodating, friendly and willing to help.

Con:
Very Noisy. You will hear street noise, hallway noise and adjoining room noises.
No Elevator/Lift. Not an issue for us, but definitely would be for some.
Wi-Fi is spotty. Kept going in and out.
No modern amenities such as room service, spa, etc. IF you're in to that sort of thing.

Overall, It was a fine place to stay. It's vacation, you aren't in your room a lot anyway :)

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JPnBP
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We had a fabulous stay at the garden house for six nights. Fantastic room with balcony, great staff, nothing a problem. They even brought coffee up to our room every morning free of charge.
Good place for children as well. Lovely courtyard for kids to play outside. Staff are charming and very helpful. Definitely would return.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Paris, France
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I spent three nights in this hotel with my family (my wife and 2 children, 14 and 9), left for a car trip around the Marmara sea, and returned when a different hotel we had booked for our last 2 nights in Istanbul proved a disappointment. The staff were incredible - really went out of their way to come up with suggestions and ways in which they could help us. We had two adjoining and connected rooms, with everything we could wish for. The beds were the most comfortable we have slept in in a long time. We had access to tea, coffee, water and soft drinks 24 hours in the lobby. They figured out that it was my wife's birthday from our registration and offered us a birthday cake at breakfast. The atmostphere was always serene and relaxed, everyone was always ready to spend time answering our questions and offering advice. Last but far from least, the position couldn't be better: 5 minutes walk from the Hyppodrome, Blue Mosque, Ayasofia, Topkapi... and the main tram line crossing the city. We felt at home, and will definitely go back when we return to Istanbul.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family