“Good base in Istanbul”

Ranked #210 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
Bristol, England
“Good base in Istanbul”
Reviewed November 11, 2010

I stayed here for 3 nights as part of a work trip. I didn't think this hotel was a 5 star experience, more a comfortable 4 star. Not a problem if you get the right price for your stay.

The room was functional and nice enough. I had two single beds though rather than a double. This was not ideal. Otherwise a decent room - of 4 star quality though.

Location is safe and central. A good base for Taksim and the military museum.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
s_kutkan, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Istanbul City Center, responded to this review, November 23, 2010
Dear Tripadvisor user and Hotel guest,

First of all, thank you for preferring Ramada Plaza Istanbul Hotel and thank for your kind review about our hotel.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable for us and we will utilise your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Savas Kutkan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ramallah, Palestinian Territories
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Decent Hotel; Reception staff and restaurant staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful.
Rooms are excellent. Location is great - just few stept away from the Metro Station - one stop away from Taksim.
Food is Very good - to Excellent
housekeeping is average.
Pool is pleasant but small. Spa is clean but small.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
s_kutkan, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Istanbul City Center, responded to this review, August 22, 2010

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 16, 2010

I had booked this hotel for myself and my partner, who for work reasons couldn't make it. I had booked a room at the lowest internet rate for two people. On my second morning there, the receptionist (not the one who checked me in) addressed me by name, and then proceeded to tell me that they'd noticed that I'd come alone but was paying for two people. He then offered to call reservations to see if they could adjust the rate to single occupancy from that night on. Given I'd booked the cheapest, non-adjustable rate I didn't think I would be able to adjust anything. It was fantastic and surprising service, they were so proactive.

The hotel staff overall were incredibly helpful and I enjoyed my stay there immensely. The bedroom was large and the bed very comfortable. There was a welcome fruit bowl and biscuits in my room when I arrived (welcome after a 30 hour trip). The toilet was oddly placed in the bathroom, but I think that was the only thing that bothered me about my stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank thomsonkl
s_kutkan, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Istanbul City Center, responded to this review, August 19, 2010

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed July 22, 2010

I liked the location, Its right next to the osmanbey metro Station so you can take the Metro to taksim ..however a walk down the road to Taksim square would take you approximately 20 mins and its a nice walk as well.

Liked
Breakfast is real real nice ..They have a huge selection of cheeses fresh bread and all sorts of Jams.
The Room is very comfy
Location is good if you want to shop around Istiklal Street
The Service is very classy and always helpful. The helped us to get a taxi to the old city for 15 Euros.
Turkish Bath is a definite To do in this hotel ..its free for the guests.

Disliked
The bathroom is really tiny.
The wireless internet(free) is dead slow
The Tv reception is horrible ( Maybe it was just our room ..and we didnt lodge a complaint as we hardly watched TV)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Sushant N
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2010

I stayed in this hotel during the first part of my last trip to Turkey. I can say that this is luxurious hotel with business class rooms, very beautiful and modern; however, everything is about luxury and not about service. For me, when travelling, the service, attention and details take the first place. I couldn't feel that the Ramada Plaza offered those things to me. On the other hand, it is far more expensive in all senses. The location is good for those looking for staying around the Taksim area but not for enjoying the historical and traditional sights of Istanbul. Finally, from my room there was no nice view to appreciate, only old residential buildings around the hotel.
From my experience, it is possible to find much better hotels in Istanbul for less price.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Sunset71
s_kutkan, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Istanbul City Center, responded to this review, May 26, 2010
Dear Guest,
I apologise that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologise for the inconveniences during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Kind Regards,
Savaş Kutkan
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2010

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Roma
Reviewed January 7, 2010

Wonderful Hotel rigth in the heart of Istanbul, few steps from the metro to go down towards the Bosphorus

Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Fausto D
g_tabIstanbul, Manager at Ramada Plaza Istanbul City Center, responded to this review, May 20, 2010
Dear tripadvisor user and hotel guest,
First of all, thank you for preferring Ramada Plaza Istanbul Hotel.
Thank you for your kind review about our hotel.Our guests' feedback is very useful for us to improve our services.
We hope you will experience the improvement in your next visit. Looking forward to welcoming you soon...

Management response from