“They do not trust you”

Ramada Plaza Istanbul City Center
Ranked #199 of 1,161 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed April 28, 2013

location Ok, as just across the street there is an underground station. wifi internet too slow. Breakfast...so, so, for 5 star Hotel. Too noisy, so you really can not open the window, even it is too hot in the room. During the check out, they do not trust you, if you are telling them that you have not used the mini bar...so, they are calling the room service to check and report, doing it loudly so that everybody at the lobby knows what is going on

That is not a 5 star Hotel service!!!

Finally, do not trust the the Istanbul airport transfer services http://www.istanbulairportstransfer.net

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Zaza64
s_kutkan, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Istanbul City Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all please accept our sincere apologies regarding negative experiences you had during your stay with us.

Thank you for giving us a chance to explain ourselves. Please be assured that we are very sorry about displaying distrustful behaviour against to you but unfortunately there is a misunderstanding. As a general practise reception clerks call the room service to check the room if there are any personal belongings left behind .

In addition kindly be informed that we also can arrange transfer service if it is requested during reservation stage.

Please be assured that your comments have been passed onto the appropriate departments for corrective action. We have taken notes of your suggestions and will work on it to make your next stay even more comfortable.

It is my sincere hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Ramada Plaza Istanbul in the nearest future.

There are newer reviews for Ramada Plaza Istanbul City Center

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights in March on business. For my needs, the hotel was great. The location was very good with enough opportunity to wander around in the evenings.
The room was very spacious with enough desk space to get extra work done. I appreciated that I could open the window to get some fresh air into the room.
The TV channel choices are nothing to write home about however. There was a great language selection, so many needs were catered to, but the channels were mostly news related. Also, I like to listen to radio, which was not available. Nothing terrible, just would've been a nice touch.
The breakfast buffet was very nice with a large choice of foods to meet many different cultures' culinary backgrounds. I had dinner in the restaurant one evening and found the service to be very attentive. I would recommend the restaurant over room service.
I used the spa for a Turkish bath which I enjoyed very much.
I would come here again

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
s_kutkan, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Istanbul City Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

We really appreciate your sincere and positive comments about our hotel and our staff.

Your feedback is very important to us because it helps us to continuously improve our services and adjust it to the demands of our guests. It was great to have you stay with us and we are so happy to hear you enjoyed your experience here at the hotel. Also, we have taken note of your suggestion and will work on it to make your next stay even more comfortable.

We look forward to being your host again in the nearest future at Ramada Plaza Istanbul.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I loved da hotel , mine was triple room . Beautiful decor and pleasant environment . I enjoyed my stay , my kids enjoyed da swimming pool, which was extraordinarily clean .food was good.my stay was very memorable.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms r close to swimming pool area.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are really pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at Ramada Plaza Istanbul. Comments such as yours are our best reward to our work.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

The quality of the room is average with a view of an apartment block opposite, and the aircon in the room doesn't seem to work. Breakfast is only so-so.

As I was alone in Istanbul for meetings, and I was sick of the bad road traffic and taxi drivers taking me on longer routes, the guest relations officer gave great advice on routes via metro, metro bus and tram. I had 13 meetings over a few days, and she patiently offered tips to each location. She was even walking around the breakfast area every morning looking for guests who needed help. I've never witnessed such dedication to guest relations work in a hotel before, even in 5-star hotels.

The location is fabulous! The main door of the hotel is just 20m away to Osmanbey Metro station.

Definitely would recommend for both leisure and business.

Room Tip: Not many non-smoking rooms, so request for one early.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Mumbailing
s_kutkan, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Istanbul City Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent post in TripAdvisor.

We appreciate receiving constructive feedback from our guests. As this
is the only way we can truly assess our guests' needs, and continuously improve the service we aim to provide. Thus we have taken note of your comments concerning the the air condition and breakfast quality to be discussed with the related departments.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

As I am also a Hotellier in the south agais, the Hotel is been managed very professional and the Hotel Management and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Special thanks to Mr. Tolga bey which is working as the Front Office Manager, he was very cooperative and helpful as I was expecting a package but it did not arrive to the Hotel as Mr. Tolga Bey was kind and arranged someone to bring the package to the Hotel. Thank you again

I definitely recommend this Hotel aswell as the location is very easy reachable if you like to use the subway the station is just infront of the entrance.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful and quite
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
s_kutkan, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Istanbul City Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

We would like very much to express our appreciation for taking the time to share your feedback about Ramada Plaza Istanbul.

We are glad that you share your experience with us because the feedback of our guests is extremely important for us to continuosly improve ourselves.
We will keep on working to continuosly improve ourselves in order to exceed your expectations.

Savas kUTKAN

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I am quite disappointed about my stay in the Ramada Plaza hotel. I travel a lot for business reason, so I have the chance to visit different hotels in different countries and to compare the provided service with the offered price.
In this hotel I had the feeling that they are more interested in the money than in the customer satisfaction.
The first problem I have faced was with the reservation of the taxi. After booking the hotel through the website of my company, I have contacted via e-mail the hotel Ramada Plaza to organize the transport from the airport to the hotel. I have been asked to fill out a request form with all the information, including the credit card data. I have called them explaining that I do not send my credit card data via e-mail since the hotel has already my credit card number through my reservation. The answer was that without the complete fulfillment of the mentioned form it was not possible to organize the transport. Thus I had to organize the transport myself.
The breakfast, because of a special offer, has a price of 12,90 Euro. But honestly, it is not worth it. As soon as you take place in the dining room, before you could even start eating, a waiter is coming with the invoice asking you to sign it. If you do not sign it immediately, the waiters start making pressure until they got the invoice signed.
The walls between the rooms is thin, therefore if your neighbour is loud sleeping becomes a challenge.
If I evaluate the price paid for my stay with the offered service, I am definitely not satisfied. I will fly to Istanbul again, but I will never ever make a reservation in the Ramada Plaza.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Monica B
s_kutkan, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Istanbul City Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for letting us know your inconveniences regarding your stay at Ramada Plaza Istanbul. We appreciated the time you have taken to bring these matters to our attention.

Please accept our sincere apology for any discomfort this may have caused and please make sure that your comments have been passed onto the appropriate departments for corrective action.

First of all please be assured that Hotel does not have a shuttle service and because of this we arrange transfer service by a car rental company. As a general practise the company requests mail order form from guests in order to guarantee the transfer service and prevent last minute cancellations. Furthermore credit card information which is provided for your hotel reservation can not be used for another company’s service charges.

We would like to share some information about the tax regulations in Turkey. As soon as you place an order, our wait staff should have place the check on the table. If guests are booked with a package program such as bed and breakfast or halfboard, they do not need to sign any check. However procedure works different for room only rate categories. In this case guests have breakfast as an extra and we should present the check as soon as we recieve the order because of the tax regulations in Turkey. Otherwise we can experience some serious problems with tax office in any spotcheck. From now our wait staff will present the reciept before the guests leave. Please be assured that necessary precautions will be taken.

Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

It has all the advantages a tourist need , easy access to metro station is its unique facility so you have all the Istanbul in your hand. Friendly attitude of hotel stuff gives a sense of wellbeing specially if you are traveling alone.

• Stayed: February 2013
s_kutkan, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Istanbul City Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the nearest future.