“Nice Hotel”
Review of Klas Hotel

Klas Hotel
Ranked #670 of 1,160 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Very good customer service, I like the break fast there also it is very near to the metro station, so you can be connected to Heart of Istanbul Within 20 min

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed May 8, 2012

Where do I start? This hotel is TERRIBLE! DO NOT STAY HERE!! A similiar thing happened to me as happened to Lars A in the last review. I arrived and the manager, Tamara Gorkova, was very nice and apologetic and stated that the fire alarms were broken and that they would have to put me up in a different hotel. I subsequently found this to be a LIE and that they had just OVERBOOKED. I was moved to a really bad hotel, the City Wall Boutique Hotel. It was miles away from where I wanted to be located, I was allocated a smokers room (disgusting) and the hotel lobby was always full of smokers, my shower was completed broken and not fixed even after I had reported it, it was noisy and there were no tea/coffee facilities or water in my room. I was asked to go back to the Klas Hotel two days later where upon the manager refused to offer me any refund or compensation. The manager was actually extremely rude and at one point even laughed in my face! This hotel repeatedly overbooks, lies and puts people up in terrible hotels. The hotel is certainly not a four star hotel. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Room Tip: Don't choose ANY room at this hotel, go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
8  Thank Sally B
Reviewed May 5, 2012

We stayed at the hotel at the end of April 2012. We want to warn other guests for this hotel. They overbook systematically. Over Booked guests are offered a far worse hotel on arrival. They lied about the reason why you are forced to change hotel. To us, they said that the fire alarm was broken. To another guest, they said that the reservation system was broken. Furthermore, they said that the poolarea was closed because of the weather, even though it was hot. When we looked out we saw that the pool was under reconstruction and we had not read anything about this on their website. The staff at the hotel Klas misleads willfully their guests through lies. They are also very unpleasant. We were not allowed to cancel and we received no financial compensation. Do not go there!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Lars A
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I had a five day family trip in Istanbul with my family. I was looking at some hotels on the Internet and Klas Hotel seemed very nice. I opted for an executive room for more room space and comfort. When we arrived we were welcomed at the reception and I can say that the welcoming was fairly ok even if there was no thorough explanation on the Hotel as it is usual to receive when staying in 4/5 star hotels. We went up to our room and it was then that we received the first shock. The room carpet was full of stains making the room looking filthy. The duvet and the pillow cases were also stained. The bed for one of my kids was not a bed at all, they just put two mattresses on each other and covered with a sheet and blanket. The balcony was filthy with cigarettes buds all over the place and the room was also smelling of cigarette smoke even if they tried hard to mask it with air freshner. The house keeping is terrible, they just made the beds and that was it. One day I had to request a sheet for my daughters improvised bed as they removed it and did not replace it back. The floor was never vacuumed cleaned during the whole stay, not allowing my kids to walk bare footed or even play on the carpet. Glasses and tea cups were also left uncleaned for the whole stay. It was advertised that bathrobes and slippers are available, but I still have no clue were these items were. On a four night stay, I had to call three times the reception to rectify things, the first time the service was prompt but as for the others I had to wait for 30 min to get things done. The positive things this hotel has to offer are masked by the poor quality they offer to clients. Location of this hotel is very good as you can reach almost everywhere by foot or by tram which is situated at a short walk away from the hotel. In general, I can say that our trip to Istanbul would have been perfect if it was not ruined by all the complaints mentioned above!

Stayed: April 2012
7  Thank Oli36
Reviewed March 28, 2012

The Klas hotel situated in old Istanbul is ideally situated for visiting the main attractions eg. the Blue Mosque & the Topkapi Palace.
The rooms are very comfortable & the breakfast was very good by Turkish standards.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank GeomagsScotland
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We just stayed at Klas Hotel last weekend. When we arrived they told us they where overbooked and they did not have a room for us. They offered us a room in the hotel next door which supposely should also be a 4 star hotel. So we agreed to move for two nights to hotel Oron which was just next door. We should have first asked to see the rooms. They hotel lobby is already a dark hole and the rooms are very old fashion and not really clean. After we especially booked Klas hotel so we can have some modern rooms, we ended up in this place. For our
ast night in the Klas we got an upgrade to a deluxe room. Bathroom floor was soo sticky you could not walk in it barefoot. The walls are paperthin you here everything from next door. Also the staff are not that friendly and the music at breakfast was sooo loud you could not even talk to eachother......would not recommend Klas or even worse Oron hotel...the location is great...but there are many other hotels in that area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jasminegrizzly
Reviewed March 23, 2012

This may be a 4 star by Turkish Standards but don't expect a real 4 star. The room was very small and stuffy.
The staff were very friendly and there was a huge choice at the breakfast.
It;s very close to the tram and a very short walk to the Grand Bazaar. I would definitely recommend this hotel as long as you don't expect a 4 star!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple