Ottoman Hotel Park
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$57
Sumengen Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$83
$78
The Byzantium Hotel & Suites(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$484
$397
  • Breakfast included
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$138
$139
$439
$385
  • Pool
Hotel Empress Zoe(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$88
1,052 results
All reviewsminute walkrecommend this hotelold citywalking distanceerkan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a week in May this year. Transport to and from the airport was arranged efficiently by the hotel staff, and we were welcomed by Serhat, whose English and helpful attitude cannot be faulted. Our room was clean and comfortable, and the breakfasts on the rooftop terrace were relaxing and delicious. We ate in this restaurant several times too, and appreciated the friendly staff, and the carefully maintained ambience. The admittedly uphill walk to the main tourist part of Istanbul took us through seemingly deprived areas of the city, but never did we feel threatened. We will be back!

Room Tip: Overlooking the water
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Frances M
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have just returned from a 12 night stay at the Ottoman Park. I almost hesitate to write this review because I feel such a connection to the location and to the staff. I want to keep this place to myself. It is true that the Ottoman Park is at the bottom of a steep hill. Be aware that if you are physically limited you will probably need to get a cab from here up to the main sites...assuming the tourist destinations are what you're looking for. It's no big deal...the staff will arrange your transportation to and from all of your destinations. I was in Istanbul to photograph and to immerse myself in the culture of the city. I never even went to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, etc.... (I've been to Istanbul before). I simply adored the neighborhood and location of this hotel. I loved the little restaurants where local working men ate. I loved sitting down on a step and having little glasses of chai show up out of nowhere. I loved that I felt as if I became a part of a real neighborhood.

Breakfast on the rooftop was a magical way to begin each day....the view, the sound of the sea gulls, the quality of the light and the breeze, the cats on the rooftop next door.... Istanbul has a rhythm like no other place. I was lucky enough to stay long enough to become part of the rhythm of the days and nights. I have read some people complain about being awakened by the call to prayer. Perhaps these people would be happier to stay in a B&B in the middle of Iowa if they don't find the call to prayer simply beautiful...even at 5am! This is a wonderful part of being in Istanbul; however, if it's just not your thing...fear not...the windows must be triple-paned, because I couldn't hear a thing with the windows closed.

Many have already written about the superb staff at the Ottoman Park. The accolades are all true and then some! I think I've made myself very clear....I simply loved this place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank chowbeller
Reviewed July 6, 2012

- Friendly staff, helpful and competent.
- Amazing view from the roof terrace, where breakfast is served (you can also have dinner there)
- location ok (not optimal, but still ok with a few minutes walk)
- good price to quality

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank Catapaolo
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The staff at Ottoman park is excellent, and I would definitely stay there again. I had emailed the hotel to arrange airport pickup, and I always received prompt, helpful responses. Upon arrival, the concierge provided a map and explained the layout of Istanbul and recommended sites based on our tastes. The rooms are very nice, large, and modern with a neat take on Ottoman style. The bathrooms have an amazing shower with a turkish bath set. The restaurant is on the top floor and has great views of the Sea of Marmara and the old city. The included breakfast buffet had a nice spread with a good variety of choices. Dinner was also reasonably priced. On the initial night of arrival, my fellow traveler was surprised by a birthday cake. The amazing staff had taken the time to notice it was his birthday during check-in. The free wifi worked, but the signal was a little weak and prone to disconnection on our floor.

There are few things to be aware of with this hotel. Unless you take a cab or have a car, you will be walking up a decent sized hill every day to get to all the main sights in Istanbul, so if mobility is an issue, you might want to stay elsewhere. There seemed to be no way to control the temperature in the room, so you'll need to use the windows. It's best to stay on the recommended path up the hill to the tourist areas as well. Some of the neighborhoods that we cut through seemed a bit questionable, but let me stress, we had no issues.

Tip: Hit the BIM grocery across the street from the hotel for cheap snacks, drinks, and food.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor room facing the sea.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Gouriami
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The staff at the Ottoman Hotel Park was extremely professional, hospitable, courteous and friendly. They were extremely helpful (and personable) when finding restaurants, sights to see, and making sure our lodging was great. I highly recommend the Ottoman. The rooms were very clean and comfortable; the maid service was excellent. The hotel restaurant was great; awesome food and great prices. I can't say anything bad about the Ottoman Hotel Park; only excellent, great things! Peter

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family