“Welcoming and friendly - a good hotel”
Review of Ottoman Hotel Park

Ottoman Hotel Park
Ranked #12 of 1,079 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 25, 2012

This hotel is relatively new and is very well positioned for both a slice of local life and access to the main sites of the Blue Mosque, Topkapi, Grand Bazaar etc. The Istanbul Photography museum is right opposite too... The tram system runs from five minutes walk away but for those not good at hill climbs you may prefer to use taxis (plentiful and cheap enough so long as they are metered - if not get a price before you start and offer them a half of that!).

The service is excellent and the food also - although I don't usually eat in hotels I did one night and it was spot one. Whilst the wine was a little overpriced (but good) the food was cheap for the quality so it balances our. The dining room and rooftop terrace with great views over the Bosphorus makes it extra special too.

The hotel want your stay to be good and their friendliness and helpfulness can seem a little full on to us reserved Brits - but it is genuine and everything they told us proved correct and helpful so full marks and thanks.

The room that I had as a single traveller was extremely comfortable with a great shower and good pillow selection (and even a pillow menu) but it was small and I would not have wanted to share it or spend too much time in it. Others where more substantial so ask if you are not sure!

The trick is always to ask if you would use it again and the answer is a resounding yes. For the price I paid this was a good hotel, trying hard, succeeding and then some. Thanks to all for making my five days so enjoyable and productive.

Room Tip: Back rooms smaller and with no view but quiet. Ask if you need to know....
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank outandabout100

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Very good hotel. We liked that it was some blocks from the busyiest streets but yet close.
The rooftop restaurang and bar had a very nice view over the Blue Mosque and the Marmara See.
The rooms very big and well planned with nice furniture and good beds.

The staff were very friendly and helped us with everything we wanted. Couldnt ask for a better service!

Good transportservice to and from the Airport.

10 minutes walk to the Grand Bazar and the Blue Mosque.

If you have some problems walking there is some hills up to the Mosque.
I would highly recomend this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Erik754
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I spent a long Easter weekend at this hotel, which is very well situated within about 20 minutes walk of the tourist hubbub of Sultanahamet but not right in the middle of it. Nice views of the ocean from the rooftop restaurant and opposite the Museum of Turkish Photography (recommended).

The service was very good indeed and the included breakfast was really excellent too. Just a couple of things were not perfect. I had dinner at the restaurant on the first night and I thought it was uninspiring and over priced. The music was, shall we say, not to everyone's taste --
an amateur violinist playing out of tune renditions of My Way -- or, when she took a break, the most atrocious muzak imaginable.

My other complaint concerned the shower. Now I know that this could also be a matter of taste but a shower head positioned at waist hight isn't something I've seen before (see photo) and I hesitate to guess why it should be there. Surely the purpose of shower is to that the water falls from on high like relaxing raindrops?

Anyway, I don't want to give an adverse impression of this hotel as it was actually very enjoyable and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Lawrence_of_London
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We're a group of eight friends always looking to explore different cities and country as much as possible, time permitting. This time we decided on Istanbul as few of the people in the group has not been to Istanbul before including myself. It was my duty to find a hotel , after searching many sites online, looking over the reviews, I've decided on Ottoman Hotel Park . We all agreed that I had made the choice, it's a wonderful hotel located not to far from all the main attractions as Hagia Sofia, Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque, Grand Bazar etc.. it's about a short 10 minute walk. Rooms are very well decorated, interesting touch is the bathrooms resemble a small Turkish hammam, which was great, comfortable bed and very clean. It has a lovely rooftop restaurant over looking the sea and the staff are helpful and friendly. Other good thing is, it's close to the international airport, only a 20 minute taxi ride ( pending on the Istanbul traffic ). Highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank barny8282
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Very good hotel with wonderful decor. Plenty big enough size room with good size comfortable bed. All amenities you would need for your stay are provided, even a free small box of Turkish delight and a bottle of water. Wonderful restaurant located on the top floor with views overlooking I believe it's the Sea of Marmara. Good choice for breakfast, plenty of fresh fruit, cereal, rolls, bread, cakes and hot choices. Staff are excellent very helpful. Hotel has a guest relations desk where they provide you information upon arrival, lots of good suggestions and recommendations . Located close to the Sultanahmet area where all the historical sights are, only a 10 minute walk.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank withnet415
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Just came back a couple of weeks ago from our first trip to Istanbul. We stayed at the Ottoman Hotel Park for three nights, not enough. So much to see and so little time. Hotel had an excellent location in Sultan Ahmed area. Room was comfy and big enough. View was ok. We had the room with the Turkish bath which was very spacious.
Since we arrived at the hotel, we felt welcomed, our room wasn't ready but the front desk manager sat down with us and told us about the city, which places we should visit, etc, etc. They offered us Turkish coffee and also were able to use the Internet while we waited.
Will def come back for more.....!

Room Tip: Room with Turkish bathroom
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank VenezolanoFLL
Reviewed April 16, 2012

The first thing you will discover about this hotel is that taxi drivers do not know about it! So, when you get given the card with the hotel's address and location make sure you carry it at all times. Once you arrive you will immediately discover the friendliness and eagerness of the staff. Sitting in the pleasant lobby we got an introduction to the city and its sights from the concierge who puts himself at your disposal.
Our room (203) was a very spacious corner suite - even with a z-bed for a child it didn't feel cramped. Now, my first minor gripe; while the bed is very wide and comfortable, as a six-footer I found my feet dangled over the edge. There is a nice LCD tv on the wall and surprisingly enough tea and coffee making facilities. I was very impressed with the bathroom; it is spacious and was kept very clean. The roomy shower-cubicle has a handheld shower as well as a lovely rain shower head under which you can sit.
Breakfast is served in the roof-terrace restaurant and has all the eating options you could want of a morning. Really nice to sit there and take in the lovely views over the rooftops to the Sea of Marmara.
When you want to go exploring you will find that the hotel is only about 10 mins walk from the nearest tram stop and about 15 mins walk from Blue Mosque, Aya Sofia etc.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family