Diva's Hotel
$217
$208
  • Restaurant
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$57
$187
$147
The Byzantium Hotel & Suites(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$484
$397
$208
  • Restaurant
Divan City Istanbul(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$72
$70
  • Restaurant
DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Avcilar(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$68
$54
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$138
Hotel Amira Istanbul(Istanbul)
$693
HotelQuickly
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsblue mosquebeautiful mosquesea viewshuttle servicesultanahmet districtold citymajor attractionstram stationmehmettourist
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Having viewed several hotels online, we chose Diva's hotel's single room. It was accessible frm the Ataturk airport changing train and a tram for just 12 liras for two people. Rest is just 10 min walk till the hotel. Usually most hotels in this area, Fatih, are on elevation... And so was Diva's. Our room was a small one.it had a few issues as well. When we informed the hotel staff, they upgraded it to a Triple Room from a single one. The hotel and room interior was really beautiful. The room ambiance was soothing with its breathtaking view of the sea and the mosque. I wish we had more choices of TV channels as there were mostly Turkish channels and BBC in English only. All the tourist attractions and tram lines were on walking distance. The hotel staff was very friendly and gave us brochures of the different tours as well. Very quick room service and good breakfast buffet. We spent 4 nights there and it was indeed a wonderful experience

1  Thank Mss R H
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The location of this hotel is great for the major tourist attractions of Istanbul (5 minute walk), although during another stay we were in a neighbourhood called Beyagloo (I think), which was much more laid back and hip and less of a tourist trap.

The hotel was clean and attempting to be stylish while the staff were friendly. On arrival the manager upgraded us to a room with a small balcony and great view of the Sea of Marmara, not to mention the beautiful Mosque across the road, although even the upgraded room was still quite small. The view was great though.

The road is narrow, quiet, rustic and charming, although the streets are a little dark at night. That said, everywhere I went in Istanbul I felt as safe, if not safer, than in every other European city I've visited (which is most of them).

Breakfast was a simple Turkish affair which did the job. They charge extra for orange juice though. There is an inviting open courtyard in the centre of the hotel which is a nice place to hang out or read a book.

There's nothing really wrong with Diva's Hotel but if we were coming back to Istanbul (which we will - what a place!) we'll stay in another part of town because the hustlers and taxi drivers really see you coming around the Sultanahmet neighbourhood. The taxi drivers in particular are fond of massively overcharging or switching banknotes then getting angry at you because YOU'VE SHORT CHANGED THEM!!! We were lucky because we had friends who showed us around and took us to different areas, but we have other friends who stayed around the Sultanahmet neighbourhood for the duration of their visit and left Istanbul with a bad feeling because of the scams and hustlers.

The hotel's fine but we won't be staying in Sultanahment when we come back to Istanbul. Sorry Diva.

Room Tip: Insist on a room with a great view, because that's the best thing about this place.
1  Thank Mike H
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Great location close to all Sultanahmet attractions.
SIlent and quiet area, just perfect to recover from the city rythm.
Firendly staff, ready to help with anything you want.
Choose the rooms with sea view - amazing !

1  Thank Ciprian M
divas34, Manager at Diva's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

My dearest guest,
I would like to thank you for your review about Divas Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed 6 nights in this quirky little hotel. Great location near main historic sites. The hotel is actually two buildings, joined by a reception area/breakfast room. A friend who suggested this hotel urged us to pay a little more and ask for an upper room with a view of the Sea of Marmara. It was well worth the extra cost. The view was fabulous. Breakfast was generous and healthy. (We reinforced the coffee with extra dried coffee we brought--no problem.) Staff was helpful and our room straightened and cleaned each day, with fresh towels. Bathroom was pretty small, but the room was fine--more important to us. We also appreciated the free pick-up at airport on arrival, and arrangements for an inexpensive van ride to the airport on exit.

Room Tip: some upper rooms have great view of Sokulu mosque and Sea of Marmara.
1  Thank 638Elizabeth

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I was traveling solo and my first stop was Istanbul. The staff at the Divas Hotel couldn't have been better. They were friendly, helpful and would go out of their way to make sure that not only your stay at their hotel was good but that your overall experience of the city was great. The location of the hotel is perfect to visit some of the most famous tourist sites in the city. You are within walking distance of a tram, where you can go almost anywhere in the city. I felt, at all times in my travels around the city, completely safe. I hired a private guide and saw some places in the city that most tourist never go, it was very cool indeed. I highly recommend going to Istanbul (it sort of reminds me of San Francisco) and highly recommend that you stay and the Divas Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends