“diva's hotel at istanbul”
Review of Diva's Hotel

Diva's Hotel
Ranked #625 of 1,149 Hotels in Istanbul
Mechelen, Antwerpen, Belgium
“diva's hotel at istanbul”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

highly recommended.the staff was very friendly,breakfast excellent.we were threated like kings.nice rooms and a very nice garden were you can rest out of a daytrip and enjoying from a caffee or turkisch tea.its in the niebourghood of the bleu mosk,aia sofia,the grand market ect.when i go back to istanbul i take DIVA'S again as my hotel.in the middle of the sultanahmet district you are close to everything you want to see and can you enjoy of a wonderfull seasight if walking in the Streets.its safe there to walk and do shopping.i say take this hotel and enjoy of istanbul

Room Tip: ask for the rooms with seasight
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Eupen, Belgium
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We had 7 very nice day´s in Istanbul, Hotel is excellent, very friendly helpfully staff, roams are price related very good, situation of the hotel is super.It' s the best solution who likes small family hotels. Just behind the Blue Mosque, in a very quiet, safe area with a lot of nice restaurants and cafes nearby.

Room Tip: Ask for where the roam is!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed May 2, 2013

It' s the best solution for someone who likes small family hotels. Just behind the Blue Mosque, in a very quiet, safe area with a lot of nice restaurants and cafes nearby. The train station (sultanahmet) is 200 m away. Clean, modern but also colourfull rooms, plasma satelite tv. Helpful staff and private parking for the car. . Nice view and balkony rooms. There is a free computer in the lobby for guest use, and we had no trouble accessing it. The breakfast was excellent - a buffet with numerous choices. The bed was very large and comfortable and overall the finish and facilities were of a high standard ( although the room was a little cramped due to the big bed, but not bad). The room was relatively quiet.

Alessandria, Italy
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I'm use to travel around the world and I often go to Istanbul, which I really love, but rarely I find a nice hotel where to stay me and my friends. Usually I find expensive rates, faraway based or little rooms, noisy and dirty, sometimes that have to be restored. NOT this time. I've been to DIVA'S for a lucky event, you know, that things that happen when something goes wrong and you've lost hopes, then you see a light to follow and, suddenly, things go better! I'm an expert traveler, at least I think so, but when I read some reviews here I always think that, maybe, people is very spoiled...I mean, how the hell can you expect to find everything you're used to have at home when traveling in another country? I think you have to be reasonable and ready to adapt to different cuisine, different habits, different life. So, when at first I've wrote a mail to Diva's I've been surprised for the professional and gentle manners. In truth, as usual for Istanbul hotels owners. But this time there was something new: this place is a real charming place where to stay. The buildings surrounding are not that beatiful, it's true, but the all area is peaceful, safe and not crowded at all. Just 5 minutes walk from the Blue Mosque, really!, and with nice and beatiful rooms, spacious enough to allow you a good rest after a day in Istanbul. The people working there is not helpful, they are more than that! Like friends, like mother and father, they really will help you in every needs. Now, I don't want to say that this is the best place where to stay, but it's a good choice if you are looking for something easy to reach in Sultanahmet, with the right balance between prices and services. For once, I was happy to pay the bill... Now, do you want a good warm welcome, good rooms and breakfast, nice place with no caos and quiet people? This is the place.

divas34, Manager at Diva's Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
My dearest guest,

I would like to thank you for your review about Divas Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Hope to see you soon.
Best Wishes from Istanbul Divas Hotel Family
Sidar YASAR
Sales&Marketing Manager
Kumarakom, India
Reviewed April 26, 2013

just spent a long weekend at this hotel. Arrived after midnight, opened door to balcony, what a view. Mosque accross the road was lit up and dozens of ships could be seen on the sea. Wake up call from the Mosque is very early but otherwise the hotel is in a very quiet one way street.
Not really suitable for anyone with walking difficulty though as roads are very steep. Five minutes walk to the Blue Mosque with several restaurants on the way.
The hotel staff were very very friendly and helpful, the breakfast buffet was very good and the rooms very clean and comfortable. Would recommend Divas Hotel to anyone who wants a quiet hotel near to most of the sights at a very good price.

1 Thank TIPU23
Ireland, West Virginia
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I have just returned from a 10 day stay in Istanbul in this hotel and i have never experienced such a warm and welcoming group of staff before as I have from this hotel. I really cannot thank the staff enough for all they did for both me and my partner during my stay there.
I travel frequently and being a stranger in a country first impressions count. In this hotel my first impressions were kindness, professionalism and a do anything to make your stay nicer attitude. I just cannot say enough about them. They set the standard of care that makes you remember a holiday with a smile
During my stay in Istanbul I had my birthday.They have sent us wine and fruit to the room. The hotel was so comfortable especially with AC in the rooms making them as cool as you wish. The hotel had a laptop down stairs that you could use anytime and really anything we asked for they arranged. They really went the extra mile in delivering an exceptional level of customer service.
When you travel you want to stay in a place that is clean, in a safe place yet beside everything that is a good bargain for money. This hotel on every level impressed me and i would highly recommend it to any age group, nationality or family as a must choice for an amazing never forget experience

Scotland
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We did enjoy our time in Istanbul in general and we did like this hotel, but there were a few problems. We travelled in a group of three couples and we were all allocated rooms which were far too small and which only had four foot beds in them. Our room was so small that I could barely get out of bed on the wall side. We asked to be moved and the next night two couples were moved with the third being moved after two nights.

The new rooms had double beds and ours which was on the second floor was not much bigger than the first, but did have a balcony. The other two rooms were bigger and had superb views over the coast.

The staff were very friendly and helpful but it was a bit annoying that we never got any extra tea, coffee etc. without asking and it was the same with the shampoo. Even if you left bthe empties out they were never replaced without either finding the cleaner or asking at reception. I cannot understand the problem with this, if they are going to supply tea and coffee then they should do so. What they did give you was minimal, two coffees, two tea bags and one milk plus two sugars.

The breakfast buffet was excellent, with a good choice and the bread was great, but if you went at or around 0900 your chances of getting a seat were slim. They need more seats out.

All in all we enjoyed this hotel but it could be better. It is in a vey good location, but if not for anyone who is less than able as there are steep hill all around.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 102, 402 and 602.