Open today: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM

Recommended experiences in and around Istanbul
from $100.00
from $66.00
from $125.00
from $56.85
More Info
All reviews food tour intestines asian side food stops eat things sampling food local life wonderful guide old city highlight of our trip turkey kebab highly recommend this tour small group baklava excellent tour his knowledge
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a great day with Ayse! She is passionate about the food of her country and shared it with great insights and knowledge wrapped in fun. She brought us to local purveyors of food and family businesses spanning generations. We would never have found these gems without her. Covered a lot of ground, tasted fresh, traditional food and had a great time. It is amazing how food brings people together. Definitely recommended and a highlight of our trip!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Don’t eat breakfast!

Yes, that’s an odd way to start a review, but if you do this tour, your breakfast will just take up room for all of the food you are about to eat. And, believe me, you will eat plenty of it throughout the course of the day.

Ayse (EYE-Sha) was our wonderful guide who took us to various eateries on both sides of Istanbul, European and Asian. I believe we stopped at about 10 places and had samplings of various local dishes at each. And wasn’t a bit here and a bit there, we had plenty to try at each stop.

Oh—and pace yourself! Just when you think you’re done, you’ve got another stop to make.

Ayse (in the blue dress in the center of the picture) was a wonderful, personable, and friendly guide who took time to explain what we were eating and what it was made from. Some foods were better than others, some were unusual, a couple bizarre, but if you are a foodie, then this tour will meet all of your expectations.

I have seen reviews that complained about the price. Not to worry—you will get more than your money’s worth!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First, don't let the price tag fob you off. It is a 100% worth the money you spend on it and more. My daughter and I did the Food Tour on 1 Sep 2019 with Ibrahim. What can I say - he was excellent, caring, patient and with a great sense of humour. You will visit places that you can never hope to find on your own. Think 10+ stops comprising cheeses, nut butters, pastrami, mezze, kebabs, local markets, a ferry ride and the mandatory baklava, turkish delights and icecream. I won't give away the rest. It's easy pace and such a delight. Booking was smooth, Korhan answered all the questions. If I am in Istanbul again, I'll certainly say hi to Ibrahim - he's so extremely warm.
Don't miss this tour

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had an awesome day doing the Taste of Two continents food tour. Our guide was enthusiastic and funny and the food was absolutely delicious. I have done a lot of food tour in the past and this one was definitely one of the best one ! I would recommend it to anyone who is a foodie !

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a great way to spend a day in this most beautiful of cities. A day that delivered exactly what it advertises and then some more. Wonderful food at venues you would never ever find on your own, great company in a group size (maximum 7) that allows you to fully feel part of the experience and a guide that is knowledgable, enthusiastic and fun and who genuinely appears to be proud to show his heritage and culture.

I took this tour with my wife, both foodies who like to try the local cuisine wherever we go. My wife has a serious fish allergy which i informed them about at the time of booking, really speedy and appropriate response was received back and the guide on the day was fully aware of our situation and felt with things superbly. Booking process was simple, meeting point easy to find and the pace of the day was great, steady enough to enjoy everything going on but fast enough to cover loads of ground- and two continents!

The steady supply of food is plentiful and very good, there is no pressure to eat anything you do not want to and there is always second portions around for the bits you really like. Lots of variety and really fresh, local,produce at its very best.

Our guide for the day was Ibrahim who really went out of his way to make us all feel very welcome and part of the experience ( on our tour there were guest from Canada, America, South Africa and Nigeria so a truly world-wide experience), everyone was involved and included. His knowledge of, and passion for, the food of Turkey and Istanbul was infectious and extensive, his jokey nature and personality leant itself perfectly to the role of tour guide and made the whole day the most enjoyable tour my wife and I have ever taken anywhere in the world.

I would not hesitate to recommend this tour to anyone who is a) interested in food b) wants to see a side of the city you would otherwise miss and c) really wants to have a fun time whilst on holiday.

Go with an empty stomach and an open mind and you will have a fantastic day out. Great value and a memory to last a long time. I have included a few phots but this in no way shows the amount of food you have to chose form.

Top tour, Top People, Top day out.