“Perfect Location”

Ranked #720 of 1,149 Hotels in Istanbul
Karadeniz Eregli
“Perfect Location”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stayed there with our two chldren. This hotel is a very safe and comfortable place for families with a big nice garden and playpen. Rooms and bathrooms are a little small but acceptable. Restaurant and cafe is clean with a good Turkish Cusine. Breakfast is superb, except fruit juices. Location is perfect with a wonderful Golden Horn landscape. The only thing I have to point out for foreigners is, they do not serve alcoholic drinks.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ElifOtel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I stayed at Turquhouse twice as part of a group trip to Turkey. Both stays were bad. For starters, the hotel is located in a very out of the way and inconvenient part of the city. Many taxi drivers have no idea where it is, which is a problem because you have to take a taxi to go anywhere of interest. And each cab ride runs about $15 to $25 USD, so the cost of the rids add up. To make matters worse, the hotel also attempted to charge me $113 USD for a small load of laundry, which equated to roughly $6 USD per pair of socks! I had to stay there a secondtime because the tour group had booked there. During that stay, my shower and telephone did not work. They moved me to another room that we so small the bed literally blocked the doorway to the bathroom. Several of my friends on the trip experienced similar problems and had to request new rooms because there were dead cockroaches in their uncleaned bathrooms. I will never stay at this hotel again and urge anyone considering it to reconsider.

Room Tip: All rooms insaw were small.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Esugarma

Travelers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

KUWAIT
Reviewed September 18, 2010

the hotel location it an excelant and had a betuful although it had small room,no left,no wireless in the rooms.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
ile de france
Reviewed August 2, 2009

We only spent 1 night here before catching the plane back so didn't really test out the service. It was fine - good value - excellent varied breakfast on the terrasse overlooking the golden horn.
It was easy to get back to town center via the cable car, then the ferry from the main bridge over to the conference center. Not for those in a hurry, it took us around an hour, but so much more pleasant & relaxing than a taxi !

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Paris, France
Reviewed April 19, 2009

friendly staff ; but this hotel don't serve alcool , it's in a muslim area , you have to walk at least 1 km to find a place where they sell beer , wine , raki , etc ...
The hotel is far away from the touristic zone also

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mich50
London
Reviewed May 31, 2008

The advantages of the hotel are also its disadvantages. It's right up on a hill, away from the hubbub of Istanbul, so getting into the city is either a cable car ride or a long, sometimes infuriatingly congested cab ride. It has a cafe, a restaurant, a hammam, a shisha bar and a mosque. The hotel is patronised by Turks, I didn't see or hear many foreign tourists staying there. The reception speak some English, but with a little patience and perseverance, you can normally get the help you need. The rooms vary in size but are generally clean and well-presented. You get breathtaking views across Istanbul - especially at sunrise and sunset. The hotel does a great breakfast and at weekends there is an egg man who will make menemens - yummy scrambled eggs with hot peppers and tomatoes. At weekends too lots of locals come for breakfast so it's really lively. My problems with the hotel are two-fold: the restaurant is to be avoided. The night I went with three friends, virtually everything was off the menu so we were limited in what we could order. When our food arrived we had barely finished our starters when the mains arrived and these were stone cold. We complained several times and a man purporting to be the manager said our mains would be returned to us hot and free. Except when it came to pay the bill we were charged for everything. It took half an hour and lots of phone calls and frayed tempers to get the money off and by the time we left the restaurant I'm sure the staff hated us. My other problem is that when I returned home there was some really important stuff missing from my case. It hadn't been taken out of my case, it had just been moved in my room so that when I packed I didn't put the documents in my bag. Basically, when I stay in a hotel, I am very methodical about where I put my things. I never use drawers, for example, that's how you lose stuff. But the cleaners took things off my dressing table and put them somewhere else so when I cleared the table I assumed that the papers and book were in the bundle I picked up. Not so. I guess they were trying to be helpful but it's made my job a lot harder because I had to scrabble around later trying to get duplicates of everything. Other than those two major-ish glitches it was a nice, quirky place to stay. Oh, shampoo/conditioner/shower gel are provided. There is a hairdryer but no wifi in rooms. Make sure the aircon remote has fresh batteries or else you'll be sweating. There is a little shop across the road where you can buy snacks/water/etc. And if you can get to the eyup sultan mosque for sunrise prayer - even if you're not Muslim it's a treat.

• Liked — the views and the breakfasts
  • Disliked — the dinners and the missing papers
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Riazat
Tbilisi
Reviewed February 18, 2008

Even though I spent only 4 days at Turquhouse Boutique Hotel, I still have the feeling I was at home.
Located in an old part of Istambul, you find amazing views of the city from the "Aziyade Restauant" while having your breakfast.
The staff was friendly, welcoming with broad smiles, service - perfect. Though the rooms are small, they are always kept clean.

On the first day of our arrival we felt tired and slept too long, so our breakfast time was gone. We woke up as hungry as a wolf and started to look for a place to have something. We went into the cafe next to the "Aziyade Restaurant" and inquired about the breakfast (we didn;'t yet know anything)... though the Turkish guy didn't understand our English, he soon found out that we were newcommers and offered us breakfast for free(!) that was touching.

There is also a "Nargilevi" bar where you can smoke water pipe (Nargile), play backgammon ("Tavla") and enjoy various teas.

I think the hotel will be the perfect place to visit during summer time. If you want to get acquainted with Turks and Turkish life well, you should come to Turquhouse Boutique Hotel.

Taxi arrives within a minute. You don't have to wait long.

I will upload the photoes taken by me a bit later.

Stayed February 2008