“Great location & friendly staff”

Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul
Ranked #152 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Spent 5 days with family at this Radisson hotel in Istanbul. On arrival, got upgraded to a business class room with a private terrace overlooking the bosphorus. Awesome view.

Hotel is located at a happening touristy place (Ortakoy) with many sea side cafes , small shops & a pier for boat trips - all within a short walking distance.

Staff were all friendly & made the trip memorable. Special recognition & thanks to Mr.Ozgur Sezek (Concierge), who helped with suggestions to all the great places to visit in the city.

Would love to visit again. Cheers!

Room Tip: Any business class room in the 7th floor. Would recommend 717.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
RD_Bosphorus, General Manager at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Greetings from the Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel,

I am glad to read your positivereview and happy to hear that you had a very pleasant stay with us. Our location of the hotel is very unique and convenient. I am also delighted to hear that my colleague Ozgur provided you with a good service that we are proud of. I have shared this lovely feedback with him.

I hope to meet you in person next time your travels bring you to us

Kind Regards

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Just back from 4 nights at this fab hotel. We booked a business class room with a balcony overlooking the Bosphorus. All I can say is wow! Couldn't stop smiling for 2 days! The view was awesome and sunbathing on our private balcony was a real bonus in a major city. Breakfast is served under canopy overlooking the sea with mood mellowing music playing. My husband almost fell asleep! Everything about the hotel is great including the staff who are 'reality on it'. Ortakoy is a fab area to wander into, take a boat trip, eat a kumpir or waffle which the area is famous for and just soak up the full Turkish experience. Tip-take a yellow taksi from ataturk airport for about 70tl - don't pay more, there are several touts trying to talk you into paying up to 250tl! Just keep your eyes shut - traffic is crazy!

Room Tip: Book a business class room as this includes free wifi, breakfast, slippers, dressing gowns, good vie...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
RD_Bosphorus, General Manager at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Greetings from the Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul.

I am delighted to read such a wonderful review and over the moon that you had a very satisfactory stay and experience in our hotel.

Hope to welcome you back to the hotel before it is too long

Kind Regards

Reviewed July 3, 2014

was given this hotel by turkish airlines as they cocked up the milan flight. arrived very late and was only there to sleep. the room was big but was by the big highway. still had a good sleep/rest. the receptionist was alright, firm and borrowed the international socket. wouldve stayed for a bit longer. was given an apple and breakfast bar before catching the flight to milan. thank you

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank mzarith
RD_Bosphorus, Genel Müdür at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Greetings from the Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your recent experience with us.

I am glad to hear that you had a nice sleep and liked the service.

I look forward to your return visit to us.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my wife in the period from 1 June to 6 June 2014. I found this hotel location is one of the best locations with an amazing view on Bosphorus. The staff was friendly and what added a warm flavor is the hospitality of 2 ladies who let us feel as if we are in our home the first lady name is “Neda” and the second name is “Emine” working in the restaurant, I want to thank them and we thank the hotel of having such amazing staff. Also staff in the reception was friendly and helpful and they are smiling and keen to help us any time. I do recommend this hotel and it is near taksim and many attractive places. Thanks to Radisson Blu and me as Carlson club member I am recommending this hotel. Dr. Ali Kortam

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
RD_Bosphorus, General Manager at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Greetings from the Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel,

Many thanks for taking the time and writing a feedback on our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us.

I have shared your kind review with the rest of the team who are also encouraged by your comments.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to your second home.

Kind Regards,

Sonja Divé-Dahl

Reviewed June 18, 2014

This is one of the most overpriced hotels I have ever stayed in. Luckily, I was there for business so not a personal expense. Despite saying on the front of the building it is a 5 star it by no means is. The service is lacklustre, people didn't seem to know what the situation was with breakfast and the 'business centre' was two computers operating Windows 95, unmanned and in a forgotten corner (so bad that it couldn't even read the files on my memory stick which were also froma PC). My colleagues reported being placed ina room near the staff smoking area. The road outside is very noisy and has tons of traffic at night. There are a bunch of nightclubs in the area which is fun if you are htere for that kind of thing but not for a business trip. I would advise staying in other areas and visiting this area as staying here it is difficult to get to and from. The restaurant has a nice view but I wasn't wowed by much else.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
RD_Bosphorus, General Manager at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Greetings from the Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the business center, service, board type information and location being noisy. Your feedback on these issues are duly noted and will be worked on.

As you will appreciate we are located right in the centre of busy Istanbul and it is very difficult to avoid the noise of traffic. Next time you plan to stay with us please do contact us directly so that we can ensure you have a much more pleasant stay with us.

l look forward to your return visit to us.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Amazing location ! Great service ! I spent in this hotel few weeks. I was feeling like at home ! I hope I be back soon !
This is one of the best hotels in Istanbul !
I will highly recommend to everybody !

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
RD_Bosphorus, General Manager at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

Greetings from the Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel,

Many thanks for leaving such a wonderful review.

Look forward to welcoming you back to you second home.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

My husband and I (from the Netherlands but living in the USA)stayed in the hotel for a short week, my husband for business myself for first time Istanbul for fun, my husband traveled the last 25 years to Istanbul and stayed in the bigger hotels, but he booked this hotel because he thought I might like it more.
And I liked it a lot during the day I was on my own, so ready to explore, the staff was very helpfull with showing on the map where to go they ran the extra mile to help no problem to call a taxi for me any time etc etc
The room roof top was very nice and clean and convient with all you need for a vacation or business stay.The breakfast was every morning a treat very diverse ,and for a health freak as myself perfect ,after breakfast I picked a whole apple for on the road to my next adventure .
From the room I liked to go on terrace to hear the city waking up and smell of the city as well .
During day and some nights I traveled alone, it was safe, the taxi drivers are helpful and correct.I have seen most of the highlights the city has to offer, bazaars ,Mosque,synagogue,and very interesting museums .
From the hotel you can walk to all kind of events, there are nice restaurants to have your lunch, one restaurant gave me a free dessert :)
Also when my husband came "home" after work we found nice restaurants always Turkish food Turkish wine etc it's also nice to say to waiter what is your favorite Turkish food that you like ( not cooked by your mom) ,when they tell I order their favorite food ( so much fun)most restaurants are walking distance and sometimes by taxi, we found very good fish restaurants right on the water side ,also one night we dined on a boat watching sunset over the city and Bosporus .
Every night we took a nightcap in the hotel on the terrace , very relax and romantic.
During my stay I went in the morning to the hotel gym, I could do my daily routine as at home they have all what it needs for a full workout,I went also in the steam room and Turks bath, it was clean and professional , and I also had the best massage I ever had.
One afternoon I wanted some peace and quiet so I went to the park ,it has a very charming estate with restaurant with terrace,(what is also walking distance from hotel.
I had already experienced Turkish people in my home country the Netherlands and knew they are friendly a but my first time in Istanbul ,again I experienced a inviting friendly atmosphere and hospitality ,my husband told me that he also when he is alone on business as well will go to this hotel, and not the bigger hotels, for him the offices to do business were easy to travel by taxi from the hotel. my husband and I are in our early fifties and had a great time,in the hotel and enjoyed the nightlife and all the culture, there is for every one something to do:) and our stay at the hotel was wonderful !

Room Tip: We had a roof top floor room, with terrace and view over the city and Bosporus and it was very priva...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
RD_Bosphorus, General Manager at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

Greetings from the Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel Istanbul,

Thank you very much for your most positive review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel and surroundings and got back home with great memories.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Istanbul soon.

With Kind Regards,