“A relaxing hotel in a business area”

Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul
Ranked #174 of 1,181 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I am not used to travel in luxury hotel, so I don't really have a basis for comparison. For working reasons, I stayed in Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel for a week. It is a very elegant hotel, with fantastic beds and immense showers. Bad point: WiFi in my room wasn't working; nevertheless, I was provided with a LAN cable. It has a lovely cafeteria with a wide terrace, where you can have a drink while admiring the Bosphorus Bridge. I wouldn't normally afford this hotel; nevertheless, if you can and if you look for a high-quality accomodation close to the very fashion district of Istanbul, then there you are!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Mustafa G, Hotel Manager at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

I appreciate the time you took to share your beautiful comments about Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, İstanbul. It is an honor for us to hear such nice words from you about our hotel and to know you enjoyed your one week stay with us so much.

Our hotel, with the cosy and elegant design it has, is the perfect choice to have a comfortable and a memorable stay in İstanbul. As you mentioned, our hotel has a fantastic location where the refreshing and delicate atmosphere of Ortaköy welcomes our guests with the stunning view of Bosphorus, one of the most precious natural wonders of Turkey. We find Ortaköy area quite inspiring and attractive with the unique shops & nice restaurants,coffee shops and nightlife facilities it has and passionate about sharing it with our guests.

Starboard Restaurant offers our guests a spectacular Bosphorus view and marvellous selection of both turkish cousine and international cousine flavors at a stylish dining area with an accompanying terrace. Cruise Lounge Bar at our lobby floor is a great place to chill out and enjoy the view of Bosphorus Bridge while having a delicious appetizer or a luscious drink.
We regret the unfortunate situation about the wi-fi connection and it is relieving to know the problem you faced has been solved quickly by our professional hotel team. Our guests can inform us about their needs 7/24 by dialing 9 and reaching ‘One Touch Service’ immadiately.
We would be delighted to welcome you back soon again.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for a short break in Istanbul. Booked the hotel and airport transfer by Radissons own web site. The booking process was straightforward with rapid and comprehensive e mail response directly from the hotel. We stayed in a buiness class room that was clean, well appointed and with a balcony and a superb view of the Bosphrous and Istanbul. Balcony rooms are limited so please ensure you request this when booking. You will receive a conformation of this by e mail. From the moment you walk into the hotel the staff make you feel welcome and any request is tended to in a timely manner.

Breakfast is a excellent with a mind blowing selection from cooked, cold meats and cheeses and cereals. The resturant has a large variety of dishes on the menu both traditional and modern. The dining experince is enhansed by woderful views of the Bosphorus.

Other amenities include a fully equiped gym, a turkish bath (Hamam) steam room, sauna and a very good hairdressers and beauty salon.

We took a couple of city tours organised through the hotel and they we very good and can be highly recommeded.

The excellent staff, room and amenties made our stay one to remember. We definitley recommend this hotel and we are looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mustafa G, Hotel Manager at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

I appreciate the time you took to share your stay experience with us and to describe Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, İstanbul with such wonderful words. We are delighted to know that our hotel has met your expectations both in terms of guest rooms, breakfast service, location and hospitality.
Our hotel, located on Ortaköy shore of beautiful Bosphorus, offers our guests an exceptional experience with a marvellous sea view and comfortable & cozy design.

Ortaköy Square is one of the most famous squares in İstanbul where you can find the best restaurants, coffee shops & nightlife facilities of İstanbul. A great place to relax and enjoy both the historical beauty and the modern elegance of town. We are passionate about İstanbul and really enjoy sharing it with our guests. Our professional concierge team is always here to give you tips about İstanbul city and to assist you while you are making your trip plan.

Starboard Restaurant offers a luscious breakfast with a wide selection of fresh flavors from all around Turkey. Our open buffet breakfast with best quality food and beverage items is getting prepared every morning to give a fresh & healty start to your day. Our guests can savor the incomparable view of Bosphorus all day long while having an extremely delicious breakfast, a stylish lunch or an elegant gourmet dinner at our StarBoard Restaurant.

I am glad you appreciated our amenities and experienced all the hotel facilities. Happiness of our guests is our priority and our team is always here to make your stay a memorable one.
We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Everything about this hotel was just right--the size, the décor, the rooms, the facilities, the food, the location. Rooms were spacious and well appointed, and the meeting rooms in the hotel were full of amenities (Nespresso machine, coffee machine, excellent snacks, notebooks and pens, table and chair covers) that projected attention to detail. The hotel sits directly on the Bosphorus, where you can watch river traffic, look down and see scads of jellyfish, or gaze across at the Asian side of the city. The food at the restaurant was good (if a bit expensive), but the real standout was the breakfast buffet. I hardly knew where to start, and I certainly didn't know when to stop! The location felt "real" not super-touristy, and I was even able to go for a run in the neighborhood without much worry. (The fitness facilities looked great, but the weather was too tempting to stay inside.) I'd stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat. It offered a terrific home base for my first experience in Istanbul!

(P.S. For those of you not brave enough for Turkish coffee or tea--you should try it!--there are three Starbucks stores within walking distance. Try to refrain, though!)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tammy D
Mustafa G, Hotel Manager at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful words about Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, İstanbul. It is such a pleasure to know you truly enjoyed the ambiance of Ortaköy and the quality of our hotel has met your expectations. We appreciate the kind feedback regarding the excellent service.

Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel is located in Ortaköy Square, on the shores of Bosphorus, where you can find excellent restaurants, stylish coffee shops, high standard night life facilities & enjoy the refreshing air and the marvellous view of Bosphorus. Our hotel has been designed in harmony with the atmosphere of Ortaköy as elegant, plain and comfortable.

Our Starboard Restaurant’s open buffet breakfast is very popular with the wide selection of delicate flavors from all around Turkey and while having a healthy breakfast our guests can also enjoy the magnificent view of beautiful Bosphorus. I am glad that you enjoyed the culinary offerings as well as the view from our hotel.

We would like you to consider Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, İstanbul as your home in İstanbul and would love to have you come back and stay again.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

The location is a huge part of the hotel's success. The view is fantastic. We had the Junior Suite with Bosphrous View. The area surrounding it is also very enjoyable at times. Many nice local shopping outlets, a boat Pier (can be very useful in Istanbul's busy traffic), many food outlets as well, local as well as International, all within a walking distance. Breakfast was amazing, all normal choices/varieties, but also a lot of healthy options, as well as Local Turkish varieties (very tasty). The breakfast restaurant has one of the most amazing views in the city right at the Bosphorous (literally)!
The roads to the area are very busy at almost all times. So you need to be having plenty of time on hand. A missing swimming Pool, I think they definitely need one!

Room Tip: Bosphrous View (they call them business class rooms)
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MSOLIMAN

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments about Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel. We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us and delighted to hear we were able to fulfil your expectations regarding the service quality and location.

Our hotel is located in famous Ortaköy Square, on the shores of magnificent Bosphorus, full of unique shops, nice restaurants, stylish coffee shops and the most exclusive nightlife facilities of town. I would define our location as the heart of İstanbul, with the Bosphorus Bridge bringing together the Continental Europe and Asia and the opportunity of easy transportation to all the other famous squares of İstanbul. Starboard Restaurant, with the open buffet breakfast it has, offers our guests a spectacular selection of varied high quality products & fresh flavors from all around Turkey and a healthy & refreshing start to your day.

As a team, we appreciate your nice words about our hotel and hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We recently stayed at the Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel in Ortakoy district. The area was great, less touristy than Sultanahmet for example, but very popular with locals. Lovely view of the Bosphorus, and there's a great little square with lots of cafes and shops around it.

The room was comfortable and quiet and the breakfast buffet offered everything one could dream of and then some! The service was fantastic, particularly the Guest Relations representative Muge Agcioglu, who was always there ready to help with suggestions of amazing restaurants or simply give directions to where we wanted to go. She seems to love her work, always a beautiful and genuine smile on her face. It's someone like her that makes your stay a memorable one, rather than a nice view out of a window.

I'd stay at this hotel again and hopefully will have a chance to do so in the future!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mustafa G, Hotel Manager at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments about Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, İstanbul. We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us and the quality of our service has met your expectations both in terms of guest rooms, location and assistance.
As you mentioned, our hotel has a very special location where the refreshing and delicate atmosphere of Ortaköy welcomes our guests with the magnificent view of Bosphorus. Ortaköy, which is in 15 min. distance to Sultanahmet by taxi, is a popular cultural center with the stylish coffee shops, elegant restaurants, unique shops, nightlife facilities and the splendid Bosphorus view it has.

Our hotel has been designed in a cozy and a comfortable way to make our guests’ stay a memorable one. Our guests can enjoy the beautiful view of Bosphorus all day long while having an extremely luscious open buffet breakfast, a tasteful lunch or an elegant gourmet dinner at our StarBoard Restaurant.

I shared your kind compliments with my team, they are sending their regards to you and they really appreciate your nice words. We hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The Radisson Blu is situated in a prime location, directly on the banks of the Bosporus. The hotel complex consists of a number of buildings, spread across a fairly condensed space. The main hotel building is located off the street and there’s a very small sign denoting the hotel entrance from the street (look carefully or you’ll miss it).

Upon entering the main building, you can instantly see it’s a very nice hotel. There are multiple employees at the entrance, all eager to assist with baggage and check-in. The lobby is modern and thoughtfully appointed.

I reserved a standard room for two nights. At check-in I received an upgrade to a Jr. Suite. The Jr. Suites are located in a separate building, with its own entrance on the main street. As far I could tell the entire building only had 6 suites (2 per floor). My room was located the 5th floor, facing the street. While I was slightly disappointed that I didn't have a Bosporus view, the suite upgrade quickly alleviated any dismay. It was quite large (even by US standards), with a walk-in closet (& safe), glass walled shower/tub, large flat screen TV (& DVD), large sitting area adjacent to a wall of windows and a dining table next to an enclosed kitchenette. The kitchenette had everything you would need for an extended stay: stove-top, sink, fridge, electric kettle and all of the necessary flatware, pots, pans, etc. Everything about the room was high quality and thoughtfully arranged. The bed was large and quite comfortable.

I’ve read a number of reviews about traffic noise when staying in the building nearest the street. While there is some noise during the day, traffic significantly subsides in the evening and I didn’t have any trouble sleeping.

My room rate didn’t include breakfast, but I believe it was added in with the room upgrade. If you get the chance, you should definitely experience the breakfast. It was the most amazing presentation and assortment of foods I’ve ever seen (and I’ve seen a lot)! First, there are more food options than you could possible try in a single day. Everything is neatly arranged and the mix of colors border on artistic. There are hot and cold options; organic and natural foods; made to order omelets; 12 different jams & jelly’s; fresh pastries & breads; dozens of Turkish deserts and so much more. The staff is also amazing. I had the same sever for both mornings and he was excellent: eager to please with a great personality. The dining area provides excellent views of the Bosporus and is a wonderful way to start the day (with champagne in-hand).

Overall, the Radisson Blu is an excellent hotel and I highly recommend you give it a try!

One final note: During rush hour, the traffic is a nightmare (as I’m sure you’ve read). Rather than rely on a taxi or tram, there’s a ferry stop located directly next to the hotel. It’s the “Otokay” stop. There aren’t a ton of boats that stop here, but if the timing works for your schedule, it’s super convenient and a huge time saver.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid of the Jr. Suites in the adjoining building. They're very spacious and not...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mustafa G, Hotel Manager at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent stay at Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, İstanbul and for sharing your positive stay experience in a detailed way with us. I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable time during your stay and you appreciated the hospitality and the service quality of our hotel.

Starboard Restaurant is very famous with the breakfast buffet it has, a spectacular selection of varied high quality products & fresh flavors from all around Turkey. I am glad that you enjoyed the culinary offerings as well as the view from the hotel. As long as it is located on the shores of magnificent Bosphorus in Ortaköy Square and with the cozy & comfortable design it has, our hotel is the right placeto stay in during an İstanbul trip.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back to Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, İstanbul in the near future.

Mustafa Gultekin

Reviewed February 17, 2013

First of all, the staff (which usually are a very big factor in making your stay worthwhile or not) I must stay rendered OUTSTANDING SERVICE. They went out of their way in helping out with a dental problem that suddenly occurred with my wife by recommending a good hospital and following up on it etc. The breakfast is simply superb. The feeling of care for the guest is really something to experience and if one is looking for a little relaxation in a good hotel, I strongly recommend that this is the right place to come to. It is difficult to judge who rendered better service, the Front Office, the Guest Relations, or the F and B. All were Excellent. The Sleep quality is very good, the beds very comfortable, pillow provided of your choice as desired and the room fair sized with a breathtaking view of the seaside. Really a superb experience to talk about.
Just a small drawback is the fact that the reception is bit too tiny for a hotel that usually operates on near 100% occupancy - the mgmt must look into this.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with such wonderful words about our hotel and are delighted to hear that we were able to fulfil your expectations regarding the service quality and hospitality. Satisfaction and happiness of our guests is our priority and our team is always here to make your stay a memorable one.

StarBoard Restaurant is at your service every morning where you can savor our fantastic breakfast buffet with a variety of the most delicious flavors from all around Turkey Our stylish and cozy hotel is located in Ortaköy Square, on the shores of Bosphorus, where you can enjoythemagnificentview of beautifulBosphoruswhileyouarehavingyourbreakfast at StarBoardRestaurantor an eveningdrink at CruiseLounge Bar.

Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, İstanbul has been designed in an elegant and cozy style and offers our guests an endless comfort during their stay.

Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Bosphorus Hotel, İstanbul as your preferred accommodation and we look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to İstanbul and wish you all the best.

Mustafa Gultekin