“nice place stay around besiktas”

Housez Suites & Apartments
Ranked #558 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed March 24, 2013

staff was friendly ...rooms are well maintained. Kitchen utensils enable visitor to cook his own food. Rooms are spacious and well designed. Breakfast is not rich regarding turkish standart. Around the hotel, there are some luxury restaurants that is not woth for the money that you will pay. But if you go beşiktaş çarşı , which is 15 minute walk from hotel , you can try some local food if you wish.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank expattr
There are newer reviews for Housez Suites & Apartments

Reviewed November 26, 2012

This could be one of Istanbul's best hotels, but maintenance problems that we experiences prevent us from giving it more than an average rating.

First the good points:

The airport transportation was 100% reliable both ways.

The rooms are large and very well appointed.

The staff are friendly, courteous, and very likable. Weak English language skills of some of the staff are a little bit of an obstacle sometimes, but a sincere desire to satisfy customers usually makes up for it.

The included breakfast is excellent.

The free Wi-Fi service is reasonably fast and reliable.

Now for the two maintenance flaws that spoiled an otherwise excellent experience:

1. When we stayed at the Housez Suites, the temperature was unusually warm for Istanbul, in the high 20s (Celsius). After the first day the central air conditioning was turned off (at least in our room) and the manager refused our request to turn it back on. As a result we had to try to sleep with the window open on a street that was busy all night. This is why we rate Sleep Quality at Terrible. Had we not already paid for the entire week, we probably would have left.

2. A hair dryer caught fire and it took several calls to the reception desk to get it replaced.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a room on the street. If the air conditioning is not working and you have to have an o...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank NKC
Reviewed November 6, 2012

One of the best hotels I've ever been, a great service, the cleanliness are superior, location is great in a very elegant neighborhood.

I've been there for 4 or 5 times. The room size is very good, beds are very comfortable, and if you book a suite you'll get a very nice Jacuzzi tub...!!

A buses hub (seaside) is just downhill and less than 10 min walk, and a bus stop is just like 10 meters from the hotel entrance.

Most shopping centers are near and can be access by bus and metro, historical area are also can be accessed by taking a bus and the tram.

Breakfast served at the Cafe is great.

Room Tip: Suites are the best, but if you have a limited budget standard rooms are great as well, but ask to...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ahmed-Manara
Reviewed November 1, 2012

A very good hotel (hardware) with a very bad reception staff (reservation and payment)!!! I checked in on the 28th of October 2012. They gave me a rate of €200 per night. I ought to check out on the 30th but I decided to extend one more night. I was chocked to find 1/2 the price online! I asked the reception staff if they would give me the same price as I found on Trip Advisor and he confirmed. It was €115 including all taxes and fees. On my check out date, they guy on the reception (same person I confirmed with him the rate the day before) gave me the final invoice with the last night rated €200! I thought at first it is a mistake and asked him to correct it. He replied with confidence that the rate is €200 and will not change. I started arguing and refused to pay till I see his manager. The women was decent but said: sorry sir, it's the fault of the receptionist and I can't do anything about it!!!! I was going crazy... I asked, why you confirmed with me the rate last night? If you just say NO, I can't give you that rate, I would go online and finish my reservation and payment. After a 10 minutes discussion, I reached €150 for the last night. I had a flight and couldn't do anything more.
Again, the rooms and the restaurant are good. The problem with the reservation and the reception staff. Please go make your reservation and payment online before checking in.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kamelka55
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Our family stayed four nights in the Housez Suites. We are used to 5 star accomodation but due to a conference the week we were in Istanbul (for a Wedding) prices and availability were lacking . We always look for exceptionally clean and modern accomodation, as well as good location and Housez Suites did not dissapoint, in fact we were very impressed indeed. The Hotel location is quite good, it's a few minutes walk from Besiktas bus & ferry terminal, but situated in a very affluent area (on a hill to note). An easy 20min walk to the tram station, which takes you into the Old City. Please note traffic in Istanbul is horrific, only take taxi's if required. Housez is also situated next to a Supermarket, very useful. The Hotel is modern, a safe area, and extremely clean and very well staffed. The one room we booked was a "deluxe". One room for us and one room for the Children (both joined together), the kids shared a double sofa bed. Two bathrooms, kitchenette, work desk, walk in wardrobe, more wardrobes, safe, seating and table. So much room, it was great. Air Con worked really well. However, best of all, I could not believe how clean it was, our room was made up every day and boy do they clean the rooms well. Breakfast is in the attached "Rani Restaurant", serving great coffee and a basic but essential breakfast. All the staff were well presented, very polite and very helpful. The Children really enjoyed being here. The Hotel is aimed at Business people, but if you want a great alternative to a good star hotel at a fraction of the cost, this is the place to come. A special mention to Altan Tercan (Head of Reception), always helpful, speaks excellent English. If I were the "Housez" management, I would ensure Altan stays for a very long time. Night time Murat was a great help, alround, all the staffed played there part in making this a place worth booking time and time again. Rarely would I give such high praise. Well done everyone.

Room Tip: The deluxe was great from experience, easily accomodates 2 adults and 2 children.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DXBXJ
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Housez is definitely the way to go if you want a clean, reasonable, well situated and comfortable place to stay in Istanbul. It feels like a 5 star hotel as all the amenities are very good, the rooms are large with very modern and spacious bathrooms. Great views, well maintained and located right by the W hotel and a shopping district. The breakfast is great and the staff is very helpful. Each room is stocked with a full cutlery cabinet with wine glasses, plates and pans as well as a toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, shower gel, cotton buds and q-tips in the washroom. Stayed here for 3 nights and had absolutely NO problem and would do so again any day..STAY HERE!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Housez is one of those places that makes you feel home. Its not a big hotel, it's not luxurious, and it doesn't have a lot of the amenities of big hotels, but you can be sure to have a very well designed room (walk in closet, a kitchenette with all utensils, a nice big bathroom, and a living room), a comfortable quite stay, very friendly staff, and a very healthy breakfast. Most of food served is Organic specially the cheese.
I have been staying there for the past 4 years on regular basis, and besides the above, its in a great location in Istanbul, but at the same time its in a residential area. You can call in any kind of food, or you can just cook something in the kitchenette (I never did). If you decide to go out eating there are many restaurants at a walking distance from the hotel, in fact there are 3 restaurants just crossing the street.
If you arrive by car the staff will take it to a parking near by, and bring it back when needed.
Breakfast is included in the room fee, and internet are free. If more specific information is needed I'll be glad to help, I think after 4 years I know a lot about this place.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business