“Not a bad place at all, and the location is great”
Review of Hotel Mosaic

Hotel Mosaic
Ranked #522 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here twice this month and the hotel is clean. The staff are great and the buffet isn't bad at all. There are lots of staff who speak English
You can walk outside and find restaurants, stores, a small bazaar, and it isn't far from the Grand Bazzaar, St.Sophia, the Blue Mosque and Hippodrome. Good value, beautiful architecture

• Stayed: March 2013
There are newer reviews for Hotel Mosaic

Reviewed March 23, 2013

This hotel is near the metro, the Grand Baazar, stores and other hotels. We stayed at the hotel as part of the Gate 1 tour of Turkey--two days at the beginning and one day at the end. The first room was the size of a broom closet...the bed took up the entire room. It was not possible to move around freely in the room. The rooms were average at best, very dark and the corridors were also very dark.
We enjoyed three meals at hotel: breakfast, lunch and dinner. The hotel offers free Internet and the staff are friendly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RondaJS
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We recently stayed at the Mosaic Hotel as part of a Gate One tour of Turkey. While others complained about street noise and smoke, the rooms we were given seemed to be well located and we weren't bothered with either of these problems. There was a little street music, but turning on the air conditioner fan turned it into a background lullaby. The breakfast was among the best we had, and the staff were all very helpful and accommodating. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room off the street side if you don't want to hear the music.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel with a Gate1 Tour. The only complaint I would have was that the first night, I could hear a noisy, sort of Boys Night Out, gathering either next door or below me that kept me from getting to sleep. The Hallways were pretty dimly lit which, I know was an energy saving attempt, but gave me some trouble seeing where I was headed. Reading another reviewer's comments about smells and pistachio nut shells on the floor, I did not find anything like that at all. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Hotel Breakfast was plentiful and had the only really good stuffed grape leaves I found on the trip. Well, not quite true, there was one other roadside restaurant that had decent ones, although they were much smaller. With its great location, it was fun to walk around the neighborhood and stop into some of the tiny grocery stores. I would like to say also, that I was very kindly treated by a hotel employee, when I needed to use their computer in the lobby. I had no Turkish Lira's to put in the slot for its use, and he offered to run somewhere close by and get me change for my five Lira note, which he did very quickly. He also helped me quite patiently to get onto the site I wanted, which was no small feat with a different kind of keyboard and commands. A friend I was with came by a few minutes after he left and was not able to get on at all. I wish I had asked him his name. Over all my experience at the Mosaic went well, and I would stay there again as its a good starting point. You can absolutely walk over to the Grand Bazaaar, or take a tram. The walk over there and back is not very long and provides a little street scene and a chance to people watch the locals. We stayed there again the last night of the tour, and there was no noise at all.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank aim2travel
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Comfortable & clean, & within a mile of the Grand Bazaar. All the amenities of a 5 star hotel, but on a very noisy , crowded street. Breakfast was always very good. Unfortunately, if you are nopt on the street side, the 'music' from a local bar can be disturbing.

Room Tip: Stay on the street side or the karaoke from a nearby bar might keep you up.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Great location for sightseeing and getting around city. Good restaurant and very adaquate breakfast. Well equipt room included TV, Coffee, Tea maker, bottled water and large bath. Tram for easy access to city a short walk away. Spa center with Turkish Bath located in Hotel along with well equipt gym. Found that walk to Grand Bazzar was very interesting and could be made in about 30 minutes. If you are looking for a convenient place tostay in Old City, why not try The Mosaic.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JJMAYNARD
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Mosaic during my recent Gate1 Tour of Turkey. The location of the hotel is perfect with a ten minute walk to the Grand Bazaar and a five minute walk to the tram. The first visit, I got an interior facing room. The room was small but not a big deal as I was barely there and it suited its purpose. In this room I made the following observations, there were pistachio shells on my floor from previous inhabitants and the walls were paper thin where you could hear the phone ringing in other rooms continuously for twenty minutes in the early hours of the morning. It stopped after a call to the front desk!

On my second visit, I got a great room that was exterior facing and has tons of room. My only grip with this room is with respect to the cleaniness. In the bathroom trash can, I found a pungent smelling towel that left an foul odor in my room and in the bedroom I found the personal products of previous inhabitants on the floor. A simply cleaning of the room should had made these discoveries.

I would have loved the hotel due to the location if only I had not my discoveries.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends