Istanbul Marriott Hotel Sisli
Hotel Amira Istanbul(Istanbul)
$194
$163
  • Breakfast included
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$34
$118
Hotels.com
$117
$110
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe executive loungecevahir mallturkeyfloor to ceiling windowsplatinum membermetro stationcorner suitemain restauranthigh floorcity viewrooms are spaciousfitness centereasy accessexcellent hotelmodern hotelguest relationsturkish bath
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Travelled from South Africa for Easter holidays. We wanted our trip to be special.

Spent 3 days in Istanbul and stayed two nights at Marriott Sisli. It's a brand new hotel which opened last month (March). It's already operating perfectly. Didn't see any snags.

The hotel pick up service (in a BMW 5 series) from the airport was great, luxurious and comfortable.

We were greeted with a smile from Burak at the door when we got to the hotel. He handled our luggage and all the way to the room.

The lobby is huge and spacious. The attention to detail is extra-ordinary. The furnishing has warm and earthy colours. Check in was quick and they identified me by my name.

We booked an executive level room. Wi-fi is included in the rate. We got a room on the 32nd floor with a brilliant view and is on the same level with the Executive Lounge. There was only one floor above us - the Presidential Suite.

The room was great, light and spacious with a lovely view of the city and the sea. The bathroom is big and elegant. All the taps are easy to operate and the water pressure and temperature was perfect. Pillows and linen was comfortable. You have the option of opening one of the windows if you need natural air. The air conditioner is very quiet.

One thing I liked was that there so many places to connect your chargers - iPad, camera, iPhone, etc etc and they are two pin points - no need for an international adapter. Iron and ironing board come standard.

The executive lounge is spacious and has brilliant views and the service was great.

Concierge service from Meltem was so good. She helped us with booking for a traditional Turkish spa/massage, rooftop dinner with views of the Blue Mosque and re-arranging our flights with Turkish Airlines (Turkish Airlines call centre is not easy to work with and they put you on hold forever).

Breakfast at both the executive lounge and on ground floor was good. The ground floor one has better variety though.

The hotel location is good. Lots of shops and boutique ones within a walking distance. The hotel is a 5 min walk to Cevahir Mall with so many shops. The area is not touristy though. Budget about 30 minutes by taxi to get to the Bosphorus or Blue Mosque. The metro station is around the corner. I knew this and didn't mind it at all given that we had a tour operator picking us up and taking us to various places including Prince's Island.

Unfortunately, it's difficult to remember all the names but everyone who served us was brilliant. The only reason why I am giving this hotel 5 stars is because I can't give it 6.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kkn889
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I stayed at the Marriott Sisli for 5 days.hotel is newly opened however the entire staff makes you feel like they have been working in the property for years with a years of experience. I was amazed by the excellent guest Engagement skills of the each area in the hotel. smile is what you get starting from the main entrance until you reach to your room .well groomed
Employees. special thanks to Front office team, Our check in was done by begum she is such a great example of true hotelier with a beautiful smile. Bell team burak and murat was always helpful,very professional and efficient. Cagdas did our check out thanks to him for fond farewell .As a 15 years hotelier Housekeeping was the best I have ever experienced. I am grateful to employee who took care of our room throughout the stay.i highly recommend Marriott Sisli where you will feel
Very special.

• Stayed: April 2014
Istanbul Marrio... H, Guest Relations Manager at Istanbul Marriott Hotel Sisli, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear Mr./s Cosozlem,

My name is Dilara Norouzi. I am the Guest Relations Manager of the Istanbul Marriott Hotel Sisli.

I have shared your review with my front office and housekeeping team. You have been very
kind to us and I really, on behalf of each and every host of the hotel, thank you for it.

If I may ever be of any assistance, please let me know. My direct email address is dilara.norouzi@marriott.com.

Yours Cordially,

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I feel home
Freindly staff
Good brakfast
Average in room dining
Good location
Cevahir mall behide the hotel, around 3 min walking, metro station front of the mall.
New hotel walking distance from sisli comercial street

Room Tip: select room facing the sea
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Mr./s Aemaz_2000,

I am so happy to read your review. I can not thank you enough. You have taken the time to say nice things about us and I appreciate it so much. I will take the pride to share it with our team.

Yours Cordially,

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Great location close to the subway. Fantastic rooms, everything is new wonderful and worked, breakfast was fantastic. Don't miss the fitness center and spa, the pool sauna and relaxation areas are wonderful. Executive lounge was great with an amazing view. Only downside was they did not have a patio bar or deck outside. Lovely hotel and will definitely stay here again. Staff was fantastic!!!!! I love all the amenities of a new hotel, great rooms, lord of outlets, USB chargers, great lighting, awesome beds, floor to ceiling windows...... This is a 5 star hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Istanbul Marrio... H, Guest Relations Manager at Istanbul Marriott Hotel Sisli, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Mr. Chris S,

I and the entire team in the hotel are very thankful to you for your kind words. We are very lucky to count you as our guest.

If I may ever be of any assistance to you within Marriott or Istanbul, please let me know. My direct email address is dilara.norouzi@marriott.com.

Yours cordially,

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Perfection!
The last couple of months, the Marriott has indeed raised the bar with the opening of the new Istanbul Marriott Hotel Sisli with stunning views, modern furnished specious rooms, state of the art high-tech event space, fabulous spa and exercise room, and a fantastic restaurant.
The hotel has a very large and beautiful indoor swimming pool, Turkish bath, sauna, steam room, and a Jacuzzi (although I wish the Jacuzzi was a little hotter it was at 30C (86F). I personally like it at about 104F. I’m being picky here!
But, the thing that really stood out for me was the service, the courtesy, and the professionalism that the hotel staff exhibit and I mean everyone I have encountered during my one week stay at this hotel.
We were a group of 18 people that stayed here for a week for a conference and literally tested this hotel in every aspect you can imagine (we used conference rooms, room service, executive lounge, guest services, spa service, exercise room, bar, and Dish room restaurant) and indeed all passed with flying colors!
Some of us (Gold and Platinum members) had access to the executive lounge (32nd floor). The Lounge space is modest, but has spectacular views of the city. The sodas, juices, and snakes are served all day long, and hors d'oeuvres and canapés are served from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM with wine, beer, and a modest section of hard liquor. The food selection at the lounge is ok, but not spectacular and tends to be repetitive. I also wish it was left open until 8:00 PM instead of 7:30 PM. We’ve used their conference room at the lounge. It was well equipped with everything you need with a fabulous view.
The hotel is a bit far from the most popular touristic attractions, but guests can use the metro or taxis to get there. We only used taxis and the cost is about $10 each way (not bad if you have 2 or 3 people per taxi). It takes 25 min. We almost got trapped in a scam once and were asked to pay $30 one way. We noticed the taxi driver tempering with the meter while driving. We are seasoned travelers and this is nothing new. We left $15 on the seat and left the Cab and laughed about it!
We did venture out for dinner to other restaurants on many occasions. There are plenty of one, two, and 3 star restaurants nearby, but the very good ones (traditional Turkish restaurants) are about 30 min walk, but we felt very safe going that far and was a pleasant walk after a good meal!
There is an upscale shopping mall and high-end boutiques within 5 min walking distance from the hotel. Did check it out and is very nice if you are into shopping.
We had breakfast and lunch every day at the Dishroom restaurant. Lunch was wonderful with great selections, but the breakfast could use a little more variety (although the price was reasonable). I had dinner there one night. The appetizers are excellent, the chicken and swordfish kebobs were fantastic and the seafood dish was the best. We finished our dinner with Tiramisu and it was the best I’ve ever had! It’s a must! By the way, they have a very good Turkish wine selection and the service was outstanding.
My sincere thanks to the following staff that went above and beyond to making our stay special, enjoyable, comfortable and pleasant: Sinan, Edit, Dilara Pinar, Hasan, Emore, Deniz, and there are many others that I’m forgetting their names (my apologies…)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business