“Good enough”

Ranked #378 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Istanbul, Turkey
“Good enough”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Breakfast was good, the room is not too big but it is ok. Price is too much for the hotel.
Hotel was clean and modern. If you are a tourist, location is good. Beds are confortable but if you are a couple, ask for double bed.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cappadocia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

Divan Chain is a very reputable Hotel Chain owned by the Koç Holding (the biggest in Turkey). It has a pretty good location.

Before c/in I called the hotel and asked for a queen bed. They said that they will do their best (did not promise which is something good). When checking in I asked them if my room had queen bed, they said unfortunately they are totally full but they could join the twin beds together (I did not ask for it, they told me). I said OK but do it after I have left the room after refreshing myself. Went up to the room (mediocre size but clean), after 5 minutes I told the receptionist I am leaving please join my beds.

I went out and ate. I came back after 80 minutes, unfortunately the beds were not joined. I called the receptionist again he said that he was sorry and he was going to send the HKP staff again. The staff never arrived for another 40 minutes (in total 120 minutes - 2 hours). Then I called again and told them I don't want them to join my beds anymore and the receptionist said that he was sorry, they are very busy tonight and they have lack of staff!!!

Few minutes later I called the reception for wake up call the next morning. Guess what they never woke me up :( Thanks God I had my Alarm on my cell phone on.

My shoes were a bit dusty so I looked for a shoe polisher inside the room. There was none! You pay 150 EUR for a night and there is no shoe polisher in the room worth not more than 0.1 EUR, way to go Divan!

Breakfast hall was very small for a hotel with 160 rooms and the buffet was so so. I would recommend it, but I guess that the "real" Divan at Taksim is much better. But this stay was a real disappointment for me.

Room Tip: My room was a non-smoking room, but it still had smell of smoke inside the room. If you are allergic...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Yakup D
Warszawa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

Hotel itself is pretty nice. Rooms are spacious, clean and well equiped. There is nice gym and spa to relax after work. Conference rooms are well lit and functional. I liked breakfasts and lunches. The only arguable thing is the location - next to a huge highway busy 24/7. If you close the window and addtional inner glass curtain it is bearable. Hotel is about 40-50 minutes walking distance from major Istanbul attractions - Taksim Square and others. It is also close from financial district. Depanding on the reason of your stay you may either enjoy the location or hate it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Ankara, Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Over the past six months I have chosen to stay at the Divan City in Istanbul. It is very conveniently located for the business and finance district, for me at least. The staff are very helpful and polite. The rooms are comfortable and quite. That's important in Istanbul.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Bucharest, Romania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

During a very short trip to Istanbul, I stayed in Divan City. The welcoming was nice and the staff was friendly. The room was large, a bit cold and unfortunately not very clean... Breakfast was ok, nothing special. A big minus is that there is no free Wi-Fi.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Elena B
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Apart from the room, that was quiet nice.. Nothing else to be pleased about! Staff was really rude, they have some rules that doesn't apply for the other hotels! I think management should be changed or retrained! I did not mention that in 15 min after checking in.. I had to check out. This is how much the disgusted us!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Monilicy
Turin, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

After some years tested again.
Modern structure with restaurant
The room was so small (too much) and noisy (rumor of water flow all the night)
Bed and pillows very good
Breakfsta variety wonderful
Wi fi only under payment

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business