“Friendly and practical”

Divan City Istanbul
Ranked #390 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Not far from the metro this Divan hotel is not the most famous (taxis have problems finding it) but it's super clean, with friendly staff. The rooms aren't huge but they are functional and what you expect from a business oriented hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights while attending a training. The rooms are small and crampy. The beds are ridiculous, of dormitory size and 'comfort'. The bathroom is basic and unimpressive. The breakfast buffet at resturant is very limited. Food service is terrible. A colleague was served visibly rotten chicken. The location next to a major road and bridge makes it noisy especially if your room faces the road. The other view isn' t much better, it faces the backyard which perfectly illuminates the wear and tear of the hotel. The training room was adequate though the snacks served left a lot to be desired. If you have a choice, please choose another hotel.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Joy2DWorld
Reviewed April 13, 2013

For those who wrongly think Istanbul is Taksim and surroundings, perhaps the location may not look ideal. However I find the area well and efficiently connected with the rest of the town and with all main points of interest in Istanbul.
Modern design, everything bears the touch of Divan brand which is giving a pleasant feeling I must admit. Rooms are not big, and maybe you won't have a very nice view from windows, but I would like to praise interior designers/architects who worked on the hotel, the entire space is used so efficiently that despite physical limits it feels very comfortable and real sizes of rooms are not even noticeable. A separate compliment to professionalism and friendliness of the front desk staff and management. I had an early morning flight and decided to try my luck and email the hotel before my arrival explaining the situation and asking if an earlier check-in would be possible. To my surprise I got an instant reply stating that my request was taken into account and the allocated room will be ready and waiting for me from early morning on the day of my arrival! That is what I call an excellent service! Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed at the Divan during a business trip to Istanbul. It was definitely one of the better hotels I have stayed in, next step down from Hilton etc.
Nice modern decor, fairly big rooms, nice bed (slept really well all 4 nights I was there), very nice bathroom and fantastic breakfast buffet.
The location was very good, only 10 mins drive from the Blue Mosque and near main roads. Only downside was the busy main road running right past the hotel and causing quite a lot of noise in the rooms. I personally slept really well, but I would recommend bringing earplugs.
I would definitely stay here again - very good value for money!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the top floors and preferably away from the main road (and also away from t...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank vitting
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at divan city for a night. At the reception they welcomed me and made me feel ok. As soon as i went to the room i was suprised because we were couple but they gave me 2separete bed bedroom. I went back to reception the answer was reservation was like that but i was expect from them to realize and ask to me for the type of bed before checked me in.
The receptionist were standing and looking at the monitors and their standing type is not good for their health, also as a guest you would like to have an eye contact. Even i pointed that we are at divan for our anniversary he did not take care of anything.
Room which i have stayed was a bit old, i stayed at divan harbiye as well but its look like there are many differents between them.
Staff were polite and helpfull.
Servers are at the breakfasts were very good especially Ms Arzu made us fell very comfortable with her pleasant latte service.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank hilfanton
Divantalya, General Manager at Divan City Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Hilfanton,
Thank you for sparing a time to review our hotel.
We sincerely appreciate that you shared your experiences from your stay at Divan Istanbul City. We will be glad to improve our Staff Meetings about Front Office Staff and room types that you pointed out.

Thank you again for staying with us and we are looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed there last week. Modern Hotel nice food really friendly staff
Hired a meeting room perfect attention to detail
The only let down is the location .. about 20 metres from a busy road with a flyover. Very noisy!
I was allocated a room at the back not so bad apart from a 24 hour Shell station which every cab in Istanbul must of visited.
Room was very tired. shame they don't do a contact decorating rota as just a lick of paint and a carpet clean would have made it so much better
Again what made it was the staff they were excellent in every way smiling and helpful.
Location too far from Taksim square, but a two stop ride on the underground gets you there.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room at the back
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bozzy54LondonEngland

Dear Bozzy54LondonEngland,
Thank you for sparing a time to review our hotel.
We sincerely appreciate that you shared your experiences from your stay at Divan Istanbul City. We will be glad to improve our room decorations that you pointed out.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is typically a business hotel for people who need to be in this part of Istanbul.
The rooms are good size, reasonably well equipped and clean. The restaurant is very good and breakfast is generous. Service is friendly. But the hotel is crammed in between other buildings, it is next to the highway which is extremely busy and noisy (inside there is good insulation though). There is a good internet connection but at a (high) price. Metro station is 10 minutes away, two stops to Taksim. Lots of shopping opportunities in this area. Not a bad business hotel, I guess but those who come to see the touristy side of Istanbul can find more charming areas and hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from the street as possible.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear RotterdamHans,
Thank you for sparing a time to review our hotel.
We sincerely appreciate that you shared your experiences from your stay at Divan Istanbul City. We will be glad to improve our sound insulation about high way side rooms, it's more comfortable now that you pointed out.