Divan City Istanbul
Agoda.com
$503
$366
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbusiness tripclose to metro stationhotel locatedrooms are comfortableturkeystar hoteltaksim squarecevahirgymconferencedistrict
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed there last week. Modern Hotel nice food really friendly staff
Hired a meeting room perfect attention to detail
The only let down is the location .. about 20 metres from a busy road with a flyover. Very noisy!
I was allocated a room at the back not so bad apart from a 24 hour Shell station which every cab in Istanbul must of visited.
Room was very tired. shame they don't do a contact decorating rota as just a lick of paint and a carpet clean would have made it so much better
Again what made it was the staff they were excellent in every way smiling and helpful.
Location too far from Taksim square, but a two stop ride on the underground gets you there.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room at the back
1  Thank Bozzy54LondonEngland
Divantalya, General Manager at Divan City Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Bozzy54LondonEngland,
Thank you for sparing a time to review our hotel.
We sincerely appreciate that you shared your experiences from your stay at Divan Istanbul City. We will be glad to improve our room decorations that you pointed out.

Thank you again for staying with us and we are looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is typically a business hotel for people who need to be in this part of Istanbul.
The rooms are good size, reasonably well equipped and clean. The restaurant is very good and breakfast is generous. Service is friendly. But the hotel is crammed in between other buildings, it is next to the highway which is extremely busy and noisy (inside there is good insulation though). There is a good internet connection but at a (high) price. Metro station is 10 minutes away, two stops to Taksim. Lots of shopping opportunities in this area. Not a bad business hotel, I guess but those who come to see the touristy side of Istanbul can find more charming areas and hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from the street as possible.

Dear RotterdamHans,
Thank you for sparing a time to review our hotel.
We sincerely appreciate that you shared your experiences from your stay at Divan Istanbul City. We will be glad to improve our sound insulation about high way side rooms, it's more comfortable now that you pointed out.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Is does not worth for the price. Also if you want to use internet you must pay extra 12 eur for 24 hour. I don't recommend this hotel you can find cheaper hotel with free WiFi. in Divan in Ankara WiFi is free

1  Thank Kristijan G

Dear Kristijan G,
Thank you for sparing a time to review our hotel.
We sincerely appreciate that you shared your experiences from your stay at Divan Istanbul City. We will be glad to improve our internet connection more fatst and secure and also competitive prices that you pointed out.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed here for a business meeting for four nights. The building and decor are very smart and modern, and there is a very nice atmosphere in the hotel. The room was very comfortable, with a good shower (always important!). Almost all the staff spoke good English, which I very much appreciated, as I don't speak Turkish. The restaurant and bar were both good - look out for the whole honeycomb on the breakfast buffet - and the service was polite, efficient and professional. My clients had booked a meeting room, which was well-equipped and laid out. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Melanie A,
Thank you for sparing a time to review our hotel and wonderful review.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I asked a friend who visits Istanbul often for a hotel recommendation. He recommended the Divan Istanbul. I googled the hotel - and the first few selections that came up were for the Divan City, which I assumed was the hotel. It is not! I arrived in Istanbul and took the taxi to the very beautiful Divan Istanbul, but they couldn't find my reservation and sent me to the Divan City, "just 15 minutes away." Given the traffic it is actually 30 minutes away. The Divan City is just an ordinary mid-level hotel, probably comparable to a Novotel or an NH. I had reserved a King Deluxe - but they informed me that there is no such thing as a Deluxe room! Moreover, despite the fact that I paid in advance, to lock in a certain rate - the hotel made me pay more because they said the exchange rate had fluctuated in the mean time!!! I travel around the world - several times a month - and this is the first time I was made to pay more for an advance paid room! But there's more... when I made the reservation they asked if I'd post the fact that I was staying with them on Facebook for a free upgrade. I did that - but there was no upgrade - because there is upgraded room from a normal two bedded room that I had...
I asked whether I could change to go back to the Divan Istanbul. They said I could... for an additional 800+ Euros/night. But, not to worry because a taxi ride to the tourist area (Sultanahmet) was only about 15 minutes away. I was in Istanbul on vacation with my son - so I was only interested in sightseeing. The thing is - that the hotel is really very far away from either Taksim or Sultanahmet. There is always traffic - and it never takes 15 minutes - more like 30. And the price is usually around 16 - 18 Euros. There is a metro about 10 minute walk from there, but in Istanbul you have to pay every time you change. There are three changes to get to Sultanahmet - 3 TL each leg - times how many people you are... therefore always cheaper to take a taxi - except to get to Taksim which is very fast by metro with no changing.
The room was fairly small and the TV only had Turkish channels with three exceptions; a German channel, TV5 (so I'm up to date on news from Quebec and Senegal) and BBC entertainment - no foreign language news channels. The hotel is also very far from the airport so despite the fact that I was told at the hotel that it would be no more than 50 TL and 30 mm to get there - it was actually 45 minutes and 65 TL (with very little traffic). BTW - you also must be sure that you will not travel to or from the hotel during rush hours because the traffic is impressive. In short - if you are a tourist - this hotel is MOST DEFINITELY not for you. If you are a businessman with a meeting in that area and you'll settle for mid-range room with no real international TV and internet at 12 Euros (but then converted to TL so that you're credit card company will once again change to Euros) - then this is fine. The hotel staff was very nice, but I think they were trained to tell everyone that there's no traffic, that things are cheaper and closer to get to than they really are. Moreover, I feel that the surcharge for currency fluctuation and the facebook "upgrade" were dishonest - not to say scams. There are so many nice hotels in Istanbul - in every neighborhood - I don't see why anyone would stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Bagherailcane

Dear Bagherailcane,
Thank you for sparing a time to review our hotel.
We sincerely appreciate that you shared your experiences from your stay at Divan Istanbul City. We will be discuss all subjects with our Department Heads that you pointed out.