“Okay but bits falling off.”

Divan City Istanbul
Ranked #375 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
London, England, United Kingdom
“Okay but bits falling off.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

Hotel looked nice from the lobby, food and service was good. However I must have been in the last room available in the hotel. Bath hand grab come off in my hand when getting into the shower, water pressure changed throughout the period I was in the shower, the power socket pulled out of the wall exposing the wires when I tried to take my laptop charger out.

Staff very pleasant and cordial.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Divantalya, Manager at Divan City Istanbul, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear David J.,
Thank you for sparing a time to review our hotel.
We sincerely appreciate that you shared your experiences from your stay at Divan Istanbul City. We will be glad to improve our in-room technical equipment that you pointed out.
Thank you again for staying with us and we are looking forward to welcome you again.
Divan Istanbul City Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

I was looking for a place to stay in Istanbul to use as a base of operations for a number of meetings around town (not focused on the touristy Sultanahmet / Hagia Sophia area), and the districts of Şişli and Mecidiyeköy were recommended to me.

This hotel is modern and accessible, on a main thoroughfare of modern Istanbul. The single room was small but clean and perfectly usable and suitable for my needs as a lone business traveler. The restaurant (dinner) was adequate, if not exciting. The bar is pricey and was out of stock of many items on its menu.

The breakfast was a little disappointing, though adequate. Half a point deducted for that, the other half deducted for their _awful_ scent-spraying device in the lobby, which sprays awfully strong lavendar-like scent right on you, _incessantly_. Ugh.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Divantalya, Manager at Divan City Istanbul, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Dear ABW27,
Thank you for sparing a time to review our hotel.
We sincerely appreciate that you shared your experiences from your stay at Divan Istanbul City. We will be glad to improve our breakfast options that you pointed out.

Ferrara, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

I spent 2 nights in this nice, modern hotel and I really liked the atmosphere, the level of service, the kindness of the staff, the good restaurant.
The only aspect I didn’t appreciate was the room: I booked a standard room and it’s really small. Next time I would surely book a different kind of room.
Bathroom was OK.
Moreover, the room was a little bit noisy: water flowing in the pipes, elevator....
Their free Wi-fi is working well.
Overall, a good experience.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Divantalya, Manager at Divan City Istanbul, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Dear Paolamz,

Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

For business reasons, I am a regular customer of Divan City Hotel and can say that I feel home when I am back after a long day working.
For sure, rooms are not the latest brend new style, but they are clean and cosy + a free and easy access to internet.
Dining, breakfast are perfect, tasty, light, generous with additional monthly menu according the seasons. Wine selection can be improved.
Fitness is small but enough to restore with access as well to sauna and massages.
The staff is perfect, always smiling and helpful and considering you as a special guest.
So, overall, a good place to go.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dominique P
Dear Dominique P,
Thank you for sparing a time to review our hotel.
We sincerely appreciate that you shared your experiences from your stay at Divan Istanbul City. We will be glad to improve our wine selections that you pointed out.

Kfar Saba, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

I travel a lot to istanbul and divan city is my second home. Great location for business travelers. Breakfast is great and restaurant is perfect for dinner. they have the best Tuna fish salad i have ever ate.
Hotel is not new, which means they still have old TV's and shower need a renovation but overall it is perfect.

Room Tip: as for rooms not looking the main street, i suggest x01-x06 (i.e. 701 - 706)
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Zabook,

Thank you for sparing a time to review our hotel.

We sincerely appreciate that you shared your experiences from your stay at Divan İstanbul City. We will be glad to improve our renovation things that you pointed out.

MUnich
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

well located, good service
enjoyed being there although it was a vfery short trip only

Room Tip: not sure whether there is internet WLAN/LAN in the rooms, I found none TV is fine, but importamnt p...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Hans M,
Thank you for sparing a time to review our hotel.
We sincerely appreciate that you shared your experiences from your stay at Divan Istanbul City. We will be glad to announce, we changed the all rooms televisions to new LCD LED TV that you pointed out.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

This was undoubtedly the worst hotel experience that I have ever had. It started when I first shown to my room which smelled of stale cigarette smoke. I was moved to another room which also smelled the same but did not have as bad traffic noise so I decided to stay put. The beds are hard and the mattress is placed on rough chipboard. The shower had no strength nor heat. In the evening the water pipes in the ceiling were alive with the loud sound of water rushing through and gurgling which was so loud that it prevented sleep. At 11:30 p.m. the sound was so great that I went down to the front desk and asked to be moved, the front desk asked whether I had packed up my belongings ready to move!! I was due up that morning at 6:00 a.m. and was getting increasingly tired and frustrated. I was moved to another room but the noise was the same, I was then upgraded to a suite (quite miserable) with the noise again still much in evidence. I decided to return to my original room as it had my belongings which I would need first thing in order to hit my meeting deadline. The food in the restaurant was mediocre at best, I had spring rolls for a starter which were frozen in the middle and luke warm at each end....i.e. straight from the freezer compartment and into the deep fat friar basket!! And to round off the whole experience of the Divan hotel I tendered my Amex card at reception to pay my bill and on returning home have discovered two seperate items from the hotel on my statement, the original amount charged in Sterling (at a punitive ROE) and another sterling item quiet what for I am unsure but no doubt will require a long and tortuous process in order to get to the bottom of, a quite flagrant overcharging conducted once the guest is a couple of thousand miles away back at home. Please take my advice and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Do not go in the first place, all rooms suffer from noisy water pipes which gurgle constantly throug...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank Joe B
Divantalya, Manager at Divan City Istanbul, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Dear Joe B,

Thank you for sparing a time to review our hotel.

We sincerely appreciate that you shared your experiences from your stay at Divan Istanbul City. We will be glad to improve our service and rooms that you pointed out. Divan Istanbul City Hotel offer delicious foods and quality service to their guests.

Thank you again for staying with us and we are looking froward to welcome you again.

Divan Istanbul City - Hotel Management