“Mehmet abi is an amazing person in an amazing shop.”
Review of Sogukcesme Sokak

Sogukcesme Sokak
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Hello ,whoever is reading this should know that meeting this man has changed my life in a very positive way. I first had the honnor of meeting him in the summer do 2003 (i had to say 2011 for the review)I believe with my professor and his wife from Iowa.The sound of the (reed) attracted us more than anything. He was very friendly and offered us tea and had us sign his guest book. By his guidance I have met the nicest people in this world in Istanbul and by his connections I moved from Iowa to northern California. By one word and advising me one adress this man had changed my life and . I m very honnored to meet this man. I believe who ever walks in to this Dervishes shop will leave not only with knowing a wonderful man but also will benefit from his good intention for a life time.
Again all thanks to Mehmet abi . And much love to his shop .

Inanc

2  Thank Inanc60632

Reviewed November 4, 2011

I think the dwellings are owned by the government. Whether they are or not, they are all meticulously taken care of on the outside. The entire street is like the pearl in the clam shell.

3  Thank DemiTass
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Over twenty years ago my wife an İ found the Mehmet and Murat Coskun shops and on our frequent trips back to İstanbul it is one place we always look forward to revisiting. We have bought clothes, jewelry, ceramics and so many other things here which we not only enjoy in themselves but as memories of our friendship with Mehmet and Murat and now even their children. İt is a place for tourists to find interesting items to buy but also a place to rest and have wonderful conversations while listening to traditional or modernTurkish music. And now there is a cafe to enjoy tea or coffee, a Turkish toast, and a narghile if you have an hour to rest and relax. İ live in fear that some day it will be gone or replaced with more modern tourist shops. İt is a must stop for us.

3  Thank David J
Reviewed November 12, 2010

I met great people, had wonderful time there. Mehmet (The owner) welcomed me with a warm hospitality, I really enjoyed being there, drinking Çay, chatting, watching passer-by...
Though this shop is located in the middle of the tourist district (Sultanahmet area), goods are not too expensive. You can buy things like clothing, jewelries, ornaments etc... The staff kindly told me how to use or what the traditional goods means.
A very trustworthy shop! I recommend to everyone looking for Turkish souvenior :-)

9  Thank mrsyr
Reviewed November 5, 2010

I have been going to Istanbul since 1994. On my first trip there, Mehmet got me into his shop. Back then he was mainly selling carpets. I bought a few and hung out to chat. Every trip since I have to go visit this shop. It is small but has everything that a tourist needs for friends back home. It is located on a little alley between Topkapi wall and Aya Sofia. Mehmet is very friendly guy and quite honest. It is not a problem to pull up a stool and have some cai and watch the day wallow by. The scents will relax the mind, the scene will soothe the nerves.

3  Thank maddog6910