“Sue's Friends in Istanbul”

Rose by Molton Hotels
Ranked #902 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I chose the Pera Rose based on reviews from Trip Advisor and was not disappointed. This was my third trip to Istanbul and I wish I were returning tomorrow. I came to the city with 13 women friends. The Pera Rose is in a wonderful location just a short walk to Istiklal Caddesi, the main pedestrian street and also a very short walk to the funicular, which takes you to the water and the metro. There are also has a number of really nice restaurants within a block or so. Several of my friends had Turkish massages in the hotel and loved it. I also want to mention the staff. They were all so kind and helpful. The staff in the dining room for the breakfast meal were so accommodating and the food was great. It was a wonderful experience and I will definitely use this hotel the next time I travel to Istanbul.

Room Tip: I gave "sleep quality" an average rating only because there was construction nearby which...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
PeraTulipHotel, Front Office Manager at Rose by Molton Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in Rose and had a fabulous time at Istanbul.

Our hotel is very centralized and near to all historic and modern places to visit.

We would like to accommodate you in our lovely hotel for your next visit to Istanbul.

Thank you so much for your comments.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for a whole week. Overall it was an great experience. Highly recommended. Nice with Turkish sauna access and the rooms where cleaned well every day. Great breakfast buffe. All that was negative was the size of the rooms but most people don't go to Istanbul to stay in their hotel rooms anyway.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent comments regarding your stay at the Pera Rose.I was delighted to hear that your stay was pleasant and comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We travelled to the Pera Rose in October 2013. An extended family of Six. We stayed for seven nights.
We were put in two triple rooms, which were at the front of the hotel.

The first encounter with the hotel was a nice friendly welcome by the staff. As we arrived early, we were offered breakfast until one of our rooms were ready. This was very nice. Overall i found the staff to be very pleasant.

The breakfast was adequate. It had a fair selection of food and most people should be able to find something that they like.

The location of the hotel is excellent, its a short walk to Iskital Street and Sishane station.

I have seen other reviews of this hotel saying, "compared to other hotels on this street, this hotel is reasonably priced", I wouldn't pay much attention to this if I were you. The Pera Palace hotel is mere meters away. If you are going to compare make sure its like for like. Just looking at the Pera Palace hotel, you would know that these two hotels aren't in the same galaxy.

The first Room we got was on the fourth floor.
The room itself was reasonably sized, facing out to the street, with a double bed and a single bed. The room was rather tired an in need of a spruce up. The beds were not very comfortable.
The air conditioning isn't very effective, and the unit was quite loud. Fortunately the temperature was reasonably mild so we didn't need it very often. I wouldn't like to test it in the height of summer though.

The second room we got was on the third floor, and was identical to the first room.
The room was a non smoking room but the smell of smoke in the room was overpowering. It made me gag when I went in. The hotel offered to put a machine in there to remove the smell.
The machine although helped a little bit, didn't remove the problem. The smell of smoke was so strong it gave me a headache. Fortunately the staff were able to move us to another room on the second floor.

The replacement room was the same size as the others. A reasonably sized triple room.
Again the beds were not very comfortable, but at least the smell of smoke was gone, for now.

This room was also in need of a renovation,as it was quite dated. The shower leaked and the toilet moved when you sat on it.
Again the air conditioner wasn't very effective and was louder than the first room.

The general cleanliness of the rooms wasn't the best. Housekeeping came everyday, in room 1, the floor wasn't vacuumed every day.
The bedclothes were very poor. The sheets were quite thin and were still being used despite having cigarette holes in them, I have attached a picture of this.

The rooms aren't quiet at all, there is a lot of hustle and bustle going on down on the street. Every night the was some guy beating a drum and playing street music. Don't be surprised to be woken up throughout the night by Cars beeping horns and music thumping or people screaming at each other.

One night at about 6.30- 7pm, we needed one of the beds to be remade, as our toddler daughter had been sick on the covers. I called front desk and they said that some one would be up. I waited about 45 minutes and called again. Another 30 minutes passed an still nothing. I went downstairs to see reception and they were surprised to hear that the room hadn't been seen to yet. They contacted the housekeeping guy who came up straight away when i was downstairs. Overall this process took about two hours, which wasn't very good.

The hotel has one floor, which is a smoking floor. This is floor one. I'm not sure if this floor has rooms on it of not. If it does then the are cross contaminating the sheets and bed clothes from smoking and non smoking. I would recommend against this.

Coming from a country where smoking isn't widely tolerated, and me being a person that detests the smell of smoke, Turkey (as with lots of Europe) is itself difficult to deal with for someone like me, as it seems like 95% of the population smokes.
This hotel often had the stench of smoke and stale smoke throughout the main areas and hallways. The are (what I thought were) ornamental ashtrays besides all of the elevators, these often had stubbed out cigarettes in them, despite the floors being non smoking.

The overall the hotel was OK for our stay and it was a place to sleep. The question I always ask myself is, would I stay there again. For me the answer would be no.
I would stay in the area again, but not at this hotel. I would look to pay more money to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
PeraTulipHotel, Front Office Manager at Rose by Molton Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

I was delighted to see that your stay was generally positive. I was disappointed to hear that you had problems during your stay. I need to tell you we made immediate meeting and all of the mentioned thisng has been resolved.

We continuously strive to get better and it is through.
Once again thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Wow, what a fantastic find online through a National Airline site. A perfect location and great facilities, especially relaxing in the fitness centre. I would not hesitate in recommending this one to friends.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
PeraTulipHotel, Front Office Manager at Rose by Molton Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in Pera Rose Hotel and had a fabulous time at Istanbul.

I am glad to hear your comments and compliments about our employees as well.

We are trying our best to make your stay remarkable.

Thank you very much for your comments and we look forward to welcoming back you soon.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I've been in business trip and spent 4 days in Pera Rose hotel, i found thats a good hotel with nice and friendly personnel, i didn't have any problem, housekeeping, laundry services were in time and daily, room was good, and i enjoyed to stay there. So i can advice my friends and others to stay in Pera Rose if they will they are going to go to Istanbul. Taksim square and main streets located very close to the Hotel, and easy way to go any parts of Istanbul from that place.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent comments regarding your stay at the Pera Rose Hotel.I was delighted to hear that your stay was pleasant and comfortable.

we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Our double room was just big enough to fit a bed! The window looked out into an air shaft. But the location was great, the room clean, the bed comfortable, the included breakfast buffet was very good and the price (compared to other hotels on the same block) was very reasonable. You get what you pay for. We switched to the Pera Tulip a few doors down (same chain) and had a much more spacious room for a bit more.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

I was delighted to see that your stay was generally positive. I was disappointed to hear that you didn't like your room size. Just some of rooms are small please send us e-mail one week prior your arrival and I will pre block your room.

We continuously strive to get better and it is through.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

The location of Pera Rose is exellent (near Taksim square, Istiklal street, shops, bars and restaurants). Good connections to the main sihgts in Old Town. The room (standard double) was quite small without any view, but clean. The breakfast buffet was good enough.The staff was very friendly and helpful.The hotel arranged transportation from & to the airport.
Stayed in September 2013 as a senior couple

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anja643

Just some of our rooms are small please send me e-mail one week prior your arrival and I will pre bloke your room.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Abdullah Mutlu