This hostel is rated very high on many “hostels” websites but I don’t see what the hype is about. I found it to be very average. Some good; some bad about it.
- Location is excellent if you are there to visit every tourist attractions. At a walking distance of the Grand Bazar, Blue Mosque, etc.
- There is a rooftop bar that is pretty cozy. Their prices are a little cheaper than the nearby restaurants but definitely more expensive than most hostel-bars that I’ve been to around Europe.
- Wi-fi works well throughout the hostel, including the rooms and bars.
- Common computers are available to use for free. (I think there’s 4 or 5 of them). They are slow but they do the trick.
- Each bed has privacy curtains as well as a personal light.
- Our ensuite was large and clean.
- The neighbourhood is DEAD after diner. If you want to go out, you MUST take a tram or a cab outside the neighbourhood. For young people who generally stay at hostels, this is a bit of a hassle. For partying, stay in Taksim district.
- They DO have a bedbug problem… They kicked-us out of our rooms in order to “spray” the room with chemicals while we were there. At least they are trying to do something about it.
- In my dorm of 4, two of the four lockers were so old that we couldn’t lock them.
- NO A.C. They do have many fans in each rooms but… Still… this is Istanbul. It gets hot.
- They CHARGE you 5% extra if you use a credit card and charge you EXTREMELY high interest rates if you DON’T use Euros, which is ridiculous. This is Istanbul, I should be able to pay in Lyra…
Finally, the staff there is a hit or miss. One guy was very helpful, while another one was always high/drunk and very arrogant and unprofessional. They all seemed very annoyed when we asked questions (getting directions, having them call a cab, etc).
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Bahaus Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahaus Guesthouse Hotel Istanbul