“Cool hostel!”
Review of Bahaus Guesthouse

Bahaus Guesthouse
Ranked #25 of 1,259 Specialty Lodging in Istanbul
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Very nice hostel in the middle of Sultanahmet. It's within walking distance of everything you want to visit in Sulthanamet, and the tram stop is close by if you need to catch a ferry or go to Taksim. The 4-bed dorm is spacious, with high ceilings and big lockers. The buffet breakfast is great and the sunny room where you eat it is terrific. They also have a cool rooftop terrace that you have to check out! The two guys working the front desk are also very nice and knowledgeable. Good value!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed May 19, 2012

Cool hostel with a great atmosphere and staff. The upstairs terrace is a sweet place to relax and have a drink while talking crap with the staff. The dorms are small but still very private. My only issue was with the bathrooms, the layouts of them were a little unusual. In saying this, i would definitely go back and i always recommend Bahaus first.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

Bahaus hostel is a home away from home. Friendly, welcoming atmosphere from the start.They go above and beyond to help you out and make it the best stay possible. Comfy beds, good size rooms, clean and always plenty of breakfast food. Roof top bar a great way to met other travellers with amazing views of Istanbul. Couldn't ask for a better hostel.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I have been to Bahaus Istanbul several times in the past 5 years. Neco and his staff go out of their way to make sure you have the best stay possible. If you are not too fond of hostels or dont have much experience staying in them...Bahaus Istanbul might be a little much for you at first. However, just like any hostel you stay at...it is what you make it. Bahaus is a very socially interactive kinda of place. It's amazing how many people you meet and friends you make. Also, the place has been newly renovated from what I have heard; so Bahaus is that much more awesome! It is located right in the heart of Sultanahmet and you could throw a rock and hit the Blue Mosque. Istanbul is a big place so if you plan on seeing as much as you can, you're going to have to do some walking but all the main sites that you've heard about are pretty much in Bahaus' backyard. It is a 6 min and 44 second walk (ive timed it) to the tram that will take you all throughout the city. If you know the difference between apples and oranges then getting around on the tram should be simple enough to master
If you're having reservations about whether or not to stay at Bahaus Istanbul due to what you may have read on the more bad reviews, let me go ahead and say that some people just cant be pleased. It's a hostel...not a hotel. I have rested my head at Bahaus Istanbul many times...in nearly every bed of every room and even the roof top! Bahaus is a place that I can call my second home.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for as far as the rooms go....and make sure you ask for the red chilli flakes o...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wesley B
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I have no idea how this hostel has got the high rating that it has because I thought it was pretty poor. Over the last few years I have stayed in the good the bad and the ugly and to be honest I would say that this is the second worst place I have ever stayed! The only good point is the location which is fantastic for sightseeing however there are loads of other places on the same street that you can book-so I would suggest you do that. After travelling for more than 24 hours we arrived knackered and wet through to be told we could not check in..(yes we were early but I am sure in the situation they could have tried a little harder to help us) We were told to drop our bags in the locker room which was literally a cupboard that would fit maybe 1 bag in! So we had to leave our bags on the floor in the tiny little reception area. I had over $3000 worth of camera equipment on me which I couldnt leave anywhere as all the lockers were either taken or bust. The showers were useless, basically a cold dribble of water and were really dirty and the staff were so sleezy it was cringeworthy. I am no snob...believe me I have stayed in some bad places before but I could not wait to get out of this place. I booked my cab to the airport in the early hours of the morning leaving some other poor person the chance to take my bed. AWFUL!!!!!!!

Room Tip: stay somewhere else and you might get a chance to sleep!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank stephanie101photo
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Situated in the best place in Istanbul - close to transport and big ticket highlights. Staff very helpful. Met the owner who talked us into going to Dalyan to stay at another of his guesthouses and wasn't disappointed. Will definitely go back when in Turkey

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Bahaus was a great hostel to stay in, l originally booked for 3 night but ended up staying for 11!!
The guys that work there are really helpful and they have things on every night at the hostel.
The rooms are also very clean and the beds have curtains for some extra privacy :)
I will deffinetly be staying here again when l come back to Istanbul

• Stayed: March 2012