“Good breakfasts, location, view”
Review of Daphne Hotel

Daphne Hotel
Ranked #281 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed in the hotel twice- once upon arrival in Turkey and then upon return after touring other parts of the country. The breakfasts were great- good coffee, and a lot of variety and quantity of food. We didn't like our first room as much as the view was over a non-descript area. We asked for a room with a view upon return and the view was fantastic. We had a small deck and looked out over the bay. This view really made the room- we got some beautiful pictures from this deck. There is a restaurant on the roof, but it was quite expensive.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank georgierocks

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We spent 3 nights in Daphne hotel to celebrate 2013 New Year's Day in Istanbul. We had a marvellous large room for the same price as an economic double room (we asked in advance to have a sea-view room and they agreed to change it). The hotel is nice and tidy, the breakfast plentiful and various (maybe the coffee machine was not that great!!). It was my third time in Istanbul and we could really enjoy the city thanks to the kindness of the hotel' staff and its sited.
If I never came back to Istanbul I would stay in Daphne hotel.

Room Tip: Check for the 4th floor rooms
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ilaria s
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Daphne for 3nights and it was totally great experience. Lovely staff, helpful people...Hotel was extremely clean and the environment there was friendly.It is located close to Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. Great foods. In brief, you get more than you pay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah A
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed at the Daphne on a winter trip, staying at the beginning of the week, then doing a tour of western Turkey, and coming back to the Daphne for the latter part of the week. Though there are negatives to travel in the winter, there are many positives as well, with fewer crowds, and more personal service. I was very happy with the service at the Daphne in Sultanhamet area of Istanbul. Varol, at the front desk, was very courteous and helpful, and a very trustworthy caretaker of my items I left in his care between my stays at the hotel. Their terrace at their restaurant is a nice touch, with a great view over the Sea of Marmara. On cold days, you could be indoors on the terrace level. Hotel rooms are small, but that is part of the charm of staying in the old part of the city in a vintage hotel...which is what I wanted to do. If you are looking for a roomy suite like a Sheraton in Hawaii, you are at the wrong place. Rooms were clean, no smoking smells, showers were hot with great water pressure. I did not rate the pool or fitness areas, as I frankly didn't even check to see if there were any! I was out and about most of the time, and the hotel is about 150 m from the Hippodrome. Plenty of great places to eat in the area, and all the people in the shops and restaurants were really pleasant, and the service great. Again, I don't know how all differs in the heavy traffic months, but I found this a great time to travel, and a great value. Snowfall in Istanbul only added to the trip and the sites!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank mhaake
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I visited Istanbul for a conference in October (October 17-20). Daphne was recommended by the organizers as an affordable and nice place. I confirm that. The hotel is clean, cozy and nice. Most of all I enjoyed the friendly service provided by M. Ali, Yunus, Varol, Cemil and Emin. Very professional and friendly people. If I go to Istanbul, I will definitely stay at Daphne again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Frequent T
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The Daphne Hotel is situated right in the middle of where you want to be in Istanbul; it's so close to the Blue Mosque, Aya Sofia and dozens of good shops, restaurants and Hamams. The rooms are small but exceptionally clean, and some sport a most excellent view of the Bosphorus and enchanting city view. The rooftop verandah is a great place for your morning coffee or a quiet lunch. All the clerks at the hotel were excellent and helpful, but I too must mention the clerk named Varol. His deep sense of kindness and willingness to provide any and all information about Istanbul made my stay at The Daphne so much more enjoyable. I was leading a group of 14 people through Turkey, so we stayed at the Daphne twice for a total of 5 nights. Varol was patient and kind with all of my guests, and when I returned on my own a week later, he set me up with a great room, a precision haircut, a good massage at a near by hamam, and a great dinner suggestion. I would recommend the Daphne Hotel to anyone looking for a mid-range hotel centrally located with a wonderful staff. Thank you! Luz Rosengren, Asheville, NC, USA

Room Tip: There are two or three rooms on each floor that have Bosphorus views. I'd recommend room 502!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Luz R
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Hotel Daphne is a great, understated hotel and we have stayed there twice this year (2012). The rooms are clean although not large, well appointed and quiet. The staff are all helpful but must mention Varol - he is a delight and great ambassador for the hotel. Nothing was too much trouble for him and he is a mine of information on all things regarding Istanbul. The hotel itself is situated very close to places such as The Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar, Spice Market and the ferries on the Bosphorus. We will stay there again and hope Varol will still be there. Almost forgot! Breakfasts excellent.

Room Tip: We requested a quiet room because I am a very light sleeper. We got just that. Thank you again Hot...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple