“A Family-Friendly Hotel with Excellent Staff and Service”
Review of Almina Hotel

Almina Hotel
Ranked #75 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We spent 3 days here last week and the hotel staff went out of their way to ensure we were comfortable, especially my 3 year old. The hotel is very close to all the major attractions, good wifi connection and within easy reach of a tram station. All the staff were very helpful especially Mehmet, Feramoudi and Cibel. They provide plug converters at reception and are more than happy to organise tours for you. Unfortunately we did not have time to use their spa but we are planning to return during the school holidays for a longer break. The staff at the hotel were excellent and their service was faultless. The only thing I wasnt entirely happy about was that the breakfast menu was very similar every morning. They had a a very healthy buffet spread but by the 3rd day it was a bit monotonous. Overall I would recommend this hotel without any reservation, especially if you have young children.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Our family spent five days The Almina hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Mehmet, the desk clerk, was thoroughly professional. He cheerfully arranged for all of our sightseeing tours ,went out of his way to arrange car to from the airport, he even arranged a masseuse to obtain massages for the family. His assistant, the bellboy, Mehmet,same name was also extremely professional, frequently asking us if we wanted tea or coffee and making sure that we were happy at. The breakfast buffet was extraordinarily delicious. Even my two children enjoyed eating the various pastries and fresh fruit. The hotel is situated in a convenient location. There's a grocery store literally almost adjacent to the hotel when you can purchase additional items. I highly recommend this hotel. I plan to return to Istanbul again. This will be the hotel the Almina where I will stay. This is like a home away from home. I highly recommend it. This was my first visit is Turkey. Out of all the vacations I have taken. I believe this location was if not one of the best vacation spots.

Room Tip: Get a family room if traveling with three or more people.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank mslooker
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Me and my friends stayed this hotel 4 days fantastic 4 days for us The staff were excellent. very attentive and helpful they always ask turkish coffee turkish tea complimentary they were very polite.the decor was cute, cosy and authentically Turkish. IT was very conveniently located in Sultanahment. 2 minute walk from the top sites old city area hagia sofia topkapi palace and lots of historical places.breakfast was ok.everything was ok.i really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank tatiana c
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Booked this Hotel on Expedia and ended up with a triple room and a pull out bed. A screw-up with Expedia. Nothing o do with the Hotel. The room was a bit cramp but enough space to move around comfortably and but bags etc. The hotel staff were accommodating and friendly. They recommended a place to have our son's jacket cleaned (vomit-covered thanks to some motion sickness)The breakfast was varied and there was stuff the kids would eat too(Big problem when in foreign countries!) I only wish we had discovered the terrace with the ocean on one side and the Blue Mosque behind us before our last day! This was an excellently located Hotel and with the lovely staff it was an ideal place to stay. I'll be back.

Room Tip: try to get a bedroom where the windows don't open to the railway track behind the Hotel. Althoug...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Asli Cayir at reception set the stage for a great stay. She was very polite, respectful, and capable. She fully answered all our questions and made us feel very welcome. Thank you for such a super staff member. All in all a great hotel!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank James M
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This hotel is perfect if you want to go on euroweekend or just to get to know Istanbul. It is in the heart of Sultanahmet district, near Topkapi Sarayi, Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque which you can see from the hotel terrace. The staff is very friendly, so I felt like at home, they help you to plan trips and they are very polite and communicative. The breakfast was excellent, there were fruits, vegetables, meat and the best of all were the chocolate small Turkish cakes :D. The spa was also great, but it wasnt directly in the hotel, it was in another building that was built like 200 years ago. The hotel is great but the only minus is that it is near the train track, but when the train passes by, it doesnt make any noise. My stay in Istanbul in this hotel was great, so I suggest you this hotel and when I will comeback to Istanbul, I will definitely know where to stay. :D

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Natalie B
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I enjoyed in it very much in those days in September, with the family and the hotel was so quiet and the people is so nice
I hope that the book again, their breakfast is good and the place was wonderful every thing is near..the restaurants .. the shops everywhere..
at night it is so Romantic and calm situation on the hotel roof ..
I had known Maxim and asli and they're so kind

Room Tip: the rooms in the upstair is little noisy
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family