“Reception”
Review of Almina Hotel

Almina Hotel
Ranked #102 of 1,175 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Asli Cayir at reception set the stage for a great stay. She was very polite, respectful, and capable. She fully answered all our questions and made us feel very welcome. Thank you for such a super staff member. All in all a great hotel!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank James M

Reviewed December 29, 2013

This hotel is perfect if you want to go on euroweekend or just to get to know Istanbul. It is in the heart of Sultanahmet district, near Topkapi Sarayi, Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque which you can see from the hotel terrace. The staff is very friendly, so I felt like at home, they help you to plan trips and they are very polite and communicative. The breakfast was excellent, there were fruits, vegetables, meat and the best of all were the chocolate small Turkish cakes :D. The spa was also great, but it wasnt directly in the hotel, it was in another building that was built like 200 years ago. The hotel is great but the only minus is that it is near the train track, but when the train passes by, it doesnt make any noise. My stay in Istanbul in this hotel was great, so I suggest you this hotel and when I will comeback to Istanbul, I will definitely know where to stay. :D

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Natalie B
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I enjoyed in it very much in those days in September, with the family and the hotel was so quiet and the people is so nice
I hope that the book again, their breakfast is good and the place was wonderful every thing is near..the restaurants .. the shops everywhere..
at night it is so Romantic and calm situation on the hotel roof ..
I had known Maxim and asli and they're so kind

Room Tip: the rooms in the upstair is little noisy
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sara b
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I spent 2 hours visiting hotels for that special place for me and my girlfriend, who was coming in a few days. The Almina Hotel was charming and obviously recently remodeled and updated. Our room was spacious, we had a couch! The entire staff was very attentive to our needs. But the breakfast on the terrace with the ocean view was the BEST! I peered into the kitchen and saw a restaurant grade kitchen that made everything including the pastries. Stop your searching and stay here, you will thank yourself in the morning.

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed December 4, 2013

ı had a good experience at almina hotel.. hospitality is perfect ..after warm welcoming you also feel yourself at home and secure.. ı felt so.. it is located central of old city and almost all part of old city is in a walking distance..breakfast at terrace viewing the historical part of Istanbul is wonderful. so ı recommend everyone who really wants to see the beauty of hospitality and cheer of Turkey..

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank merv28
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We were originally allocated room 206, which was a very small room (the king size bed was adjacent to the wall on one side) and we could only get out of bed on one side. Having said that the size of the room wouldn't have bothered us. However as the the room is litterally next to the road (i would be able to touch the cars if I put my hand out of the window), we were disturbed by every car that passed, so we had a very interuppted two nights sleep.
After the first night we asked to be moved but we were told that the hotel was full. After the second night they moved us to room 102 which backed onto the garden, which was a bigger room and we were not disturbed at all. Even though there is a train track on that side we didn't see any trains day or night and understand from another contributer that it is not in operation.
Other than that, the hotel is well situated in the Sultanahmet district close to the Blue Mosque and it is therefore close to a lot of the tourist attractions and there are lots of restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is on the side of the sea (even though you may not get a sea view from many leve...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have spent the most beautiful days in Almina hotel :)))) its the most comfy place in Istanbul where you can feel just like home , all the stuff are amazing and very helpfull and friendly . they never let you feel that you are in a strange place :))) the rooms are very comfy where you can enjoy your stay and relax , the most wonderful thing is to drink Turkish tea and eat your breakfast in the balcony and enjoy the amazing view of Marmara sea .
I made friends with Asli , she is very nice girl and helped me a lot , she showed the the way to the places I wanted to go and explain to me thing I didn't know , without here I would be completely lost. Teshekurlar everybody .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family