“My favorite nook in Istanbul :)”
Review of Velvet Cafe

Velvet Cafe
Ranked #107 of 13,529 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Turkish, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Beyoglu
Description: Velvet Cafe,Galata will be closed on mondays in order to serve unique tastes during the week. Thank you for your interest and love in Velvet Cafe. Velvet Cafe, Galata has been choosen 1 of the 101 tastes of Istanbul in 2015 with its Homemade Traditional Helva. We will be glad to host you in our vintage cafe 20 steps away from Galata Tower. We are more than happy to have Velvet Cafe in memory of my grandma. Decorated with her silk wedding dress from 1951. You can enjoy having your coffee or tea with our old cups, you can choose your cup from our collection....Have a seat on grandma's sofa which is over than 50 years old... Taste our homemade cookies, cake and pastries...Breakfast anytime...Velvet Cafe, Galata is awaiting you on the side next street of Anemon Hotel near Galata Tower. Located in the same street of Sensus Wine Restaurant.
Istanbul, Turkey
“My favorite nook in Istanbul :)”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I've been stuyding abroad in Istanbul for a month now, and this is my go-to place to drink çay and practice my Turkish. Firuzan and Findeus, the sisters who work the restaurant, recognize me every time I come in and love to help me learn the language. Come here for not only a great atmosphere, but for a taste of real Turkish hospitality :)

• Visited January 2014
5 Thank Katie P

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
“Great Place to hang out”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Velvet is a great place to hanging out for everday, you can read your book or drink your tea with your friends.
Try it...

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank stkapucu
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Sounds, smells, tastes and feel fantastic! ”
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

Very nice and cozy place, you will feel like you are sitting in your living room, kind staff they treat you like u r one of them.. The atmosphere is fascinating!! So many vintage decorations. Delicious pastries and coffee as well. I would say it's the best place i see since I land in Istanbul

3 Thank iAlhreth
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“The place to be”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Very impressed to find a place in Istambul like Velvet Cafe! Nice selection of food and dessert with a good presentation. Service is also very attentive. will recommend it...

• Visited October 2013
5 Thank Brendan P
Chicago, Illinois
“Cozy place with a welcoming atmosphere”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stopped only for a cup of Turkish coffee and their home made cookies. Very welcoming place with warm people.

• Visited January 2014