I spent almost a week in this hotel, which revealed itself to be:
- very convenient in terms of location;
- very clean (Istanbul is NOT a dirty city);
and to have:
- excellent bed quality, which is probably the most important thing;
- very relaxed and smiling staff to check in and out;
- and very helpful staff for the breakfast (which is more than average for a hotel of that category).
The only weak point is the noise protection, not so much from the streets (the hotel is in a pedestrian zone), but from the rest of the hotel.
The hotel is located in Taksim, which is a much more interesting place to stay in than Sultanhamet, if you're to stay fro more than 3 nights. Taksim is very lively, this is where people from Istanbul really live, and it doesn't have this Disneyland-like type of atmosphere that one can encounter in Sultanhamet. Of course, it's not "charming", but at least it's not fake and it has flair. It's very easy to go to Sultanhamet (where the vast majority of monuments is) with the underground funiculaire (5 minutes walking from the hotel) which brings you to the head of the new tramway line that goes to Sultanhamet.
I definitively recommend this hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Riva Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riva Hotel Istanbul