All reviewsbreakfast roomtopkapi palaceblue mosquesea viewhuge roomfamily roomold citysmall boutique hotelhotel rooms aresultanahmet tram stopairport transferreception stafftourist spotssultanahmet districtbreakfast is servedbasilica cisternthe location is perfect
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

Only thing good about this hotel is location

- room not as big as in pictures
- airport transfer did not show up to collect us- staff then tried to say I did not follow their instructions ( I had an email to prove otherwise) - I had to repeat all the complaints below and finally was given a discounted airport transfer back
- they did not give me the room on the floor they had promised ( told me hotel was full so I had no choice to stay in the room they gave us in the basement) ( even though I had an email to prove this) - offered to change rooms to a different floor the next day but we were only staying 2 nights so there was no time for us to repack and unpack our original room should have been available
- asked for 4 extra towels one day - they only gave us 2 - said there were no more in the hotel- how is this possible
- room was dated and dirty and much smaller than expected
- breakfast was ok repetitive food didn’t look very fresh
- front desk staff didn’t really care when I made the above complaints until I listed all of them over again and than finally got the discounted transfer

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2018

As a solo female traveler this was perfect for an overnight stay as I had a flight connection the following morning. Great location, walking distance to Blue Mosque, Aya Sofia, Topkapi Palace. The rooms were quaint, cozy, neat and tidy. Safe was available in the room. Drinking water was available too. Lots of good restaurants around the vicinity. Cute little cobbled streets to wander about too. Airport shuttle was on time. All in all a good stay. Staff friendly and very helpful.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
Ibrahim G, General Manager at Sumengen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2018

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay at our hotel. I am happy to be acknowledged that you had a very good stay with us and you appreciate your experience.

I have also shared your very kind comments with my staff in order to make all our colleagues pleased about your feedback.

Reviewed June 25, 2018

Sumengen is located in the heart of old Istanbul and within 500 metres of the historic attractions eg Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace etc. lots of restaurants and souvenir shopping right outside the door. Room was very nice and staff were very helpful.
One catch if you book through sites such as Wotif the airport transfers are not free. Will cost 60 euros for a return trip by taxi or private car.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Marg612
Ibrahim G, General Manager at Sumengen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2018

Reviewed June 19, 2018

My family and I stayed at the Sumengen hotel and booked three rooms. Two for 2 people and one for 3. The rooms were quite nice, and had all the basic amenities. We found the location to be perfect. It was a very easy walk to most of the main tourist attractions. Breakfast was not bad, a little bit repetitive. The girls at the breakfast were very nice and helpful though. The view at the breakfast area of the Bosphorus was beautiful.

Most of the staff at reception were good. There was one, who was not that helpful. The issue we had with one of the rooms was that it was stifling hot. When we complained at the reception, this guy told us it was because the heating from the rooms all around was coming into that room which did not make sense!

Overall, we had a nice stay. If it had not been for the heating issue in the one room we would have had no complaints. I would still recommend :)

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Booked last December for the bospherous view room with hot tub. Room 602. View was incredible. The sunsets, sunrises and everything in between.

Comfortable bed. Huge room. Shower pressure slightly intermittent but we were top floor and in an old building so one of those things. Cleaners amazing and reception staff went above and beyond for us. Changed our transfer to earlier on request. Provided me plasters when I foolishly bought none.
Breakfast included in the price which is an added bonus and we were able to eat on the balcony too.

Location is amazing. We felt like we were under the blue mosque. It was literally around the conner. A couple of corner shop supermarkets nearby too.

Would definitely come back and bring my children too. Place was wonderful

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple