TAV Airport Hotel
Sirkeci Mansion(Istanbul)
$220
$193
  • Breakfast included
The Byzantium Hotel & Suites(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$493
$386
$103
$372
$273
  • Breakfast included
Divan City Istanbul(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$69
$411
$397
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsinternational terminalpassport controllong layoverbetween flightstransit areadomestic flightsecurity screeningfree phonehour layoverturkish airlinesan early flightconnecting flightturkeyroom servicebusiness loungecheck in was quickfree shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 21, 2009

The hotel is clean, room and bathroom were big, the bed very comfortable. Indeed there are no windows, if you are claustrophobic you might feel trapped inside. We stay at this hotel regularly, when we travel via Istanbul, so we always wanted to come back. But our last stay left us with an unpleasant feel about it. The staff was more than rude, all of them. They have called us 10 minutes before check out time to remind us, then again 5 minutes before, well if I waste my time to answer their "get out of our hotel" calls, I will very likely be late for check out! When we were heading out the door, about 2 min before check out time, the phone rang again. We did not bother to answer and we went straight out. At the reception we were treated as if we are the ones that did something wrong. Half sentences and monosyllabic answers. I believe this is not the way to do business, when someone comes to visit you, you do not chase them out the door. After all, it is our money and the hotel administration stated clearly that if we are staying over our check out time limit, an extra amount will be charged.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2009

For the businessman that has late meetings and early departure next morning the Istanbul airport hotel might be worth trying. Make sure, though, you get an AIRSIDE ROOM (cannot be emphazised enough - otherwise you miss the whole idea with the hotel!!!) to be on the right side of passport/security controls in the morning.
In the evening, checkin is easy and also passport and security controls are without queues! The rooms are next to the gates, so from bed to gate it's a matter of minutes.

From my arrival to the airport (23.00), it took me some eight minutes from the main building's entrance doors to the check-in desk at the hotel! Including flight check-in, security and passport control!!!

Rooms are, however, without windows. And you will experience some annoying noise from trucks passing by just outside the room's outer (window-less) wall. But it's all worth it when the alarm bell rings just 40 minutes before departure!

I didn't have breakfast - so I cannot comment on that one... Looked ok, though.

Ps.
Try the shoe polish in the check-in area. Cheaper than in the business districts and extremely well done!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Mariehamn
Reviewed November 14, 2008

I stayed in this hotel (airside part) since I had 8 hours between my flights at Istanbul airport. The hotel is situated right in the transit zone of the airport. My experience was okey, but what I certainly did not like was the room without window. I think the property should advise their clients before their arrival that they could accomodate you in this kind of room.
At my check-in the ladies at the front desk were absolutely not welcoming, I felt like I was disturbing their calm living. I also had problems viewing departing flight information on my TV in the room (normally very useful if you are waiting for your connecting flight), but nobody fixed this after my request and nobody told me why it was not working. They just said I could come to front desk to have the information I needed.
Room was very spacious, silent and clean. It is good option to have a rest between your flights, but I think this is little bit overprized.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank Fadinard
Reviewed September 17, 2008

1, Shuttle bus
Outside of the international terminal, there is a flip sign for this hotel. But you need a ask the hotel for a shuttlle to come. The shuttle is a black van, with a sign of the hotel name on its front glass, so it's easy to identify. Just a 5 minutes ride to the hotel.

2, Front desk
Friendly, English is OK.

3,Room
My room had no windows, so it was imposible to find out what is going outside.
There were no sounds of aircraft.
Unfortunately many of this hotel's guests takes very early flight in the morning, so that I was waked up by next room's morning call. There were so many morning calls near my room so that every time I got wake up.

4,Breakfast
Very good. Many choices, good taste. The women who served in the restraunt was very friendly.
Also it was very helpful that it starts from 4:00 a.m. in the morning.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank peachgrove
Reviewed May 28, 2008

We stayed at another hotel in Istanbul and the room there was very small compared to this fullsized room at the airport. It is not quite connected to the airport but it is about a 5 minute walk to the airport and have to go through security at the airport.

my colleague had 2 double beds and I had a king bed. It was a beautiful hote, clean, no noise what-so-ever and wake up calls were very prompt.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business